Meet the Real Life Version of Happy Gilmore (Jamie Sadlowski) Vice Sports

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Pretty cool trailer!

BEAST! I'll definitely be watching it when it comes out!

Gee thanks a ton Kyle, you completely shattered my own self justification for being such a short knocker. I always clung to it being somehow tied to having to take up golf right handed after growing up a left hand shot in hockey. Sadlowski is awesome.

Last edited:
He is an incredible athlete!

Hockey player...like him even more now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

These vice videos are really good, I'm happy they are doing his and hope they're getting the feedback they want.

I'll tune in for this one. Just a huge bomber Jamie is!

JM

Hockey player...like him even more now.

I could be wrong, but think I read or saw an interview with him previously talking about how he wanted to be a pro hockey player, but golfing sort of led the way because of how far he hit it.

I could be wrong, but think I read or saw an interview with him previously talking about how he wanted to be a pro hockey player, but golfing sort of led the way because of how far he hit it.
I heard DeLaet, Jerry Kelly and Mike Weir were pretty good hockey players too.

I heard DeLaet, Jerry Kelly and Mike Weir were pretty good hockey players too.

One thing about hockey players....they all need a summer sport haha.

I was a hockey player and I just played more hockey in the summer:)
And a few summers right in the middle of Manhattan to boot.
I actually loved summer hockey and going to the rink in shorts and a t-shirt.

Need to get away at some point haha. I played 12 months per year as well, bug always had baseball.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

No surprise that a hockey player can hit the long ball. Some of the longest hitters I've ever played with were hockey players through high school or college. I grew up with an ice rink in my back yard and started skating when I was 2 and played hockey until I was 10. I was a better skier and I obviously couldn't be on the hockey and ski teams. In high school 2 of our top 5 varsity golfers were starters on the hockey team.

Any of you actually seen this guy hit a ball in person? He's an absolute freak of nature. It's unreal how much speed he generates considering his size. I got to see him at the Remax event in Vegas a couple years ago. It was shocking how much smaller he is than the rest of the competitors (height and build.)

Tide are some crazy drives. Will have to watch when this comes out.

I wonder if he's using the XR pro sub zero....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of you actually seen this guy hit a ball in person? He's an absolute freak of nature. It's unreal how much speed he generates considering his size. I got to see him at the Remax event in Vegas a couple years ago. It was shocking how much smaller he is than the rest of the competitors (height and build.)

I believe he's about 5'11" and 165 lbs. Some of the longest hitters I've ever played with were about his size or even a little shorter. There's a 56 year old guy at my club who is 5'9" 155lbs who is the longest hitter over the age of 50 I've ever seen. Last time I played with hime he hit 3 Wood, 7 iron on the 505 yard 8th hole. It was playing a little downwind but believe me, he is super long, probably 40 yards longer than I am.

I believe he's about 5'11" and 165 lbs. Some of the longest hitters I've ever played with were about his size or even a little shorter. There's a 56 year old guy at my club who is 5'9" 155lbs who is the longest hitter over the age of 50 I've ever seen. Last time I played with hime he hit 3 Wood, 7 iron on the 505 yard 8th hole. It was playing a little downwind but believe me, he is super long, probably 40 yards longer than I am.

I love hearing stories like that. Definitely have to give it up the the 50+ guys that can still bomb it.

You're correct. Jamie is 5'11" 170 with a clubhead speed of around 150. What I was saying is if you look at the guys on the Remax tour, most of them are 6'2"+ and weigh 250+, and look like they could squeeze your head off your shoulders with 2 fingers.

Yes, and often back in the day could be at 10pm, 11pm, etc, all kinds of crazy hours. Ice time was hard to come by especially for practice sessions...lol but it was what it was :) and it was fun. I
In fact I recently picked up my bag of equipment thinking of doing some open hockey this past winter and lol my shoulder pads , garter (yes we wore garters to hold up the leg socks and I don't know what they use now..lol), and my jock strap all fell apart into crumbs. My stuff is like 25 -30 years old but my pants and some other things (shin guards) are in just fine shape. I still have full wooden sticks. I would love to get back out there for some fun at 51 if I could manage a shift without vomiting and crapping my pants and dropping a left nut :)

I played some junior hockey in MN, NY and TX. Some of the guys I played with were great golfers.

Back