I think my car is fast :starwars:

Nice truck though. Drove a 68 GMC pickup for 7 years, and will be rebuilding it someday. Gonna keep the 327 and rebuild that most likely.

Short or long wheelbase? Flairside or stepside? Favorite trucks of all time 68_72 swb flairside chevy's and 61 unibody ford trucks...

The question is do you think your car is fast or do you know its fast. Huge difference in my book..I know my truck is quick..not fast. It will run between 13.5and 13.9 in the quarter... I still have ac...I live in georgia, so thats must..lol . As im getting older speed isnt the same as it used to be.... but its still fun to light them up every now and then....:)

Nice, I am sitting around 13.5, but pretty much stock. Don't plan on doing much to the car since I enjoy it as is and need money for other things.

Short or long wheelbase? Flairside or stepside? Favorite trucks of all time 68_72 swb flairside chevy's and 61 unibody ford trucks...

Long, flairside. Never been huge on short box's. Gotta love the wood bed though :thumb:

The question is do you think your car is fast or do you know its fast. Huge difference in my book..I know my truck is quick..not fast. It will run between 13.5and 13.9 in the quarter... I still have ac...I live in georgia, so thats must..lol . As im getting older speed isnt the same as it used to be.... but its still fun to light them up every now and then....:)

Nothing better than a fast truck. One of the many reasons I miss my Lightning. Because it was a truck, it would shock people. Myself included... I didn't gut it as I wanted it to be as streetable as possible, besides mpg's, but it made many a Corvette back down. I wish I had seen it through, I had just routed the bigger fuel lines before I sold it and never had it tuned for them. I wanted t get into the 10's but that is not easy on pump gas. Should've, would've, could've.

What if you think you know your car is fast? Haha

You've got a nice truck there!

Cursed word play.... lol. Well I guess if you think you have a fast car/truck take it to a local track and confirm or disprove your theory. There is one about 20 miles from my house so I visit it frequently. I also get pit passes and tickets for free due to my job.. appreciate the compliment...

Cursed word play.... lol. Well I guess if you think you have a fast car/truck take it to a local track and confirm or disprove your theory. There is one about 20 miles from my house so I visit it frequently. I also get pit passes and tickets for free due to my job.. appreciate the compliment...

Haha I was just messing with the word play, I know my car isn't the fastest. I've only had exhaust work done on it, but the most important part is that I enjoy the heck out of it. Cars and golf are pretty similar to me, you don't have to be the best/fastest to still have a great time with them.

Haha I was just messing with the word play, I know my car isn't the fastest. I've only had exhaust work done on it, but the most important part is that I enjoy the heck out of it. Cars and golf are pretty similar to me, you don't have to be the best/fastest to still have a great time with them.

I don't have to be the fastest, but I have to be faster every time I go to the track.....

With my new engine/trans/rear end/suspension setup that's being built, I fully expect to run 9's the first time out as long as nothing breaks.

Exactly dude, as long as you enjoy it... Until you get that thought in your head about making it a bit faster...its a disease

I don't have to be the fastest, but I have to be faster every time I go to the track.....

With my new engine/trans/rear end/suspension setup that's being built, I fully expect to run 9's the first time out as long as nothing breaks.

Damn! That thing should be a beast. Pump gas?

Don't you still have fun even if you don't go faster every time you go to the track?

I don't really drag race, I'm more into auto-x and even if I don't perform my best, I still enjoy the heck out of it.

Exactly dude, as long as you enjoy it... Until you get that thought in your head about making it a bit faster...its a disease

Haha I hear ya. There are a lot of things I still want to do to my car, but then I just think about what it would do to the car outside of track/auto-x days and realize it's not worth it in the end.

Haha I hear ya. There are a lot of things I still want to do to my car, but then I just think about what it would do to the car outside of track/auto-x days and realize it's not worth it in the end.

I am going to get into auto-x next year i think.. Probably just going to get smaller rims and different tires for now and see how I like it before I start tweaking my car and dropping money.

Damn! That thing should be a beast. Pump gas?

Unfortunately, no....... Should end up around 14:1, so C-16 will be the order of the day.

Don't you still have fun even if you don't go faster every time you go to the track?

I don't really drag race, I'm more into auto-x and even if I don't perform my best, I still enjoy the heck out of it.

If I have put money or effort into the car and it doesn't go faster, then I may be having fun, but I leave disappointed. I used to Auto-X this same car about 8 years ago, but I had to make a choice because I was getting to the point to where mods that made the car a lot more fun to drive also put me into classes that I couldn't be competitive in without buying $1400 worth of tires every couple months.

Here's a preview of one side of the rear suspension setup. The body side is getting all new fully adjustable torque boxes. When it's finished, it will be as adjustable as a true 4 link, but will still be legal in stock suspension class.

I am going to get into auto-x next year i think.. Probably just going to get smaller rims and different tires for now and see how I like it before I start tweaking my car and dropping money.

Make sure you know what class you want to run and read and re-read the rules. Simple mods that you do for the street sometimes put you into Prepared or Modified classes where there's no way you can be competitive.

Make sure you know what class you want to run and read and re-read the rules. Simple mods that you do for the street sometimes put you into Prepared or Modified classes where there's no way you can be competitive.

Will do, on my winter list haha. Suspension will also be something that will get upgraded.

Just realized this is WAY off-topic. My bimmer is nothing CLOSE to a muscle car haha.

It's nice to find some other gear headed golfers...18 holes chipping and putting practice then get greasy...lol. When I talk to people at the golf course they are intrigued but don't see me as a gear head. When I'm with my buddies building and fabricating they look at me weird when I say I have a tee time in the morning...

Just realized this is WAY off-topic. My bimmer is nothing CLOSE to a muscle car haha.

Haha yeah it kinda turned into a discussion about cars in general. Tends to happen with most car threads.

This isn't a musclecar, but I liked it. I bought is for $600 and it was rusted such that the bottom 20% of the body didn't exist all the way around. It's a 1967 Buick Le Sabre sport package (buckets).

buick_left.jpg

buick_rear_left.jpg

buick_rear_right.jpg

buick_rear_left_close.jpg

I have always been a fan of older model cars from 60s and 70s. That Buick is sweet! How many hours did it take to get into that shape?

I have always been a fan of older model cars from 60s and 70s. That Buick is sweet! How many hours did it take to get into that shape?

Er...all of them I think :D

Thanks for the compliment...I really enjoyed it. I ended up selling it on Ebay years ago and a guy in the UK bought it.

I have seen some nasty m3's.

swing your swing

I've been stalking this thread and enjoyed all of your cars. I'd love to get a 67-69 Camaro, but I am no mechanic and would be in over my head. Thought about a used 10-11 Camaro or finding a 4th generation Camaro and that way I could afford to have it massaged / fixed up a bit. It's hard to justify too much on a toy with the kids. Decisions decisions...

Back