2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Front squats are goofy. Best way to hold the bar, bar on deltoids, finger tips under bar. The bar is not being held in place by the hands. Elbows high. Humerus should be parallel to the floor. Widening the hands may be a good option.

Front squats are almost all quads. You're greatly reducing the muscle mass being used.

Front squats have their place in training for certain lifters.
Yeah they feel weird as hell. It's like I'm trying to just not drop the bar instead of lifting. I'm sure it's just because they are brand new but I'm not a fan right now haha. Might have to just change them for low bar haha I was progressing nicely on those.

Good workout with my instructor tonight. Majority of the workout was getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. Alot of cardio with core and balance work mixed in. Felt good to get going again after a week off from his workouts.

Yeah they feel weird as hell. It's like I'm trying to just not drop the bar instead of lifting. I'm sure it's just because they are brand new but I'm not a fan right now haha. Might have to just change them for low bar haha I was progressing nicely on those.
All you're doing is supporting the bar, it's a goofy feeling, but that's what front squats are. Why are you changing from lbbs?

All you're doing is supporting the bar, it's a goofy feeling, but that's what front squats are. Why are you changing from lbbs?
That's weird, I guess I'll have to read more into them. I'm only switching because the program called for it.

That's weird, I guess I'll have to read more into them. I'm only switching because the program called for it.
What program are you doing?

What program are you doing?
It's a program put together by a friend who's a powerlifter / personal trainer. I just sent him a text and asked why he's got me doing them. I'm sure he has a reason as he's been at it for a long time and I trust him. He doesn't really ever talk about them tho so ill be curious to see what he says. Ive been following his advice for awhile now and im consistently gaining so like I mentioned I'm sure he has a reason for them.

It's a program put together by a friend who's a powerlifter / personal trainer. I just sent him a text and asked why he's got me doing them. I'm sure he has a reason as he's been at it for a long time and I trust him. He doesn't really ever talk about them tho so ill be curious to see what he says. Ive been following his advice for awhile now and im consistently gaining so like I mentioned I'm sure he has a reason for them.
They are a good "light day" squat option. A typical HLM (heavy, light, medium) program, for example, has a place for front squats.

They are a good "light day" squat option. A typical HLM (heavy, light, medium) program, for example, has a place for front squats.
Ahh ok. Maybe thats his approach because I just looked forward at my day 3 and low bars are on there. Probably should of looked ahead earlier lol I'll let you know what he says just because it's fun to hears everyone's approach but it sounds like that may be the idea.

Train in my pvc swing ring...I get wide, full range of motion, all while on plane. I can resistance train too
I just bought it inside the house/office space for a couple of months, I go in it every 15 minutes at night while not watching TV commercials.
Swinging around the ring about 6 inches from touching the club/shaft on the ring...I intermediately noticed my plane was slightly flat, on the initial take a way, leading to a overall flat plane, now I am grooving a better take a way, turn, wider & fuller with straighter arms, all while swinging 'exactly' on plane.
Went golfing yesterday played much better striking irons, ball striking felt easier. One shot; Par 3 180y same as me swinging 5 iron in the ring, I said to my wife, I will execute the ring swing... on the ball, practice swing first then hit a lovely shot pin high to a 5-6 feet. I went the rest of round , knowing were to put the iron on plane and hitting great solid shots. I can't believe I was that far off...Whats amazing again to me is how fast the ring works to isolate and remove a bad swing shape...it could only be a inch or two off and your not swinging well. How could a coach see this?

This is a must have training device...think they can be bought for $299

Last edited:
That video was hilarious...

Broke out the mountain bike and have went and rode the trail up the road past couple days and been going on 5 mile rides pulling my daughter in the cart that we got. A burn in the quads for sure but some of the stabilizing muscles used on trail ride were felt and had not been felt for some time. Not to mention I got 5 hours of paddle surfing in over the weekend. I like getting away from the normal workouts I do. Got to keep the variety going.

Well without watching the video and just looking at the thumbnail, if those girls were at my gym it wouldnt be so bad lol! I realize that's my basement and its kinda creepy so ill stop hahaha

Well without watching the video and just looking at the thumbnail, if those girls were at my gym it wouldnt be so bad lol! I realize that's my basement and its kinda creepy so ill stop hahaha
Yeah. We get it. You have a squat rack in your basement. :jealous:

Yeah. We get it. You have a squat rack in your basement. :jealous:
Lol I didn't mean it like that!! Only thing I have to look at is the washer and dryer haha

Thanks for taking up a squat rack, because there is nowhere else that can be done...

bd6bef362ccb13384e1dbce38100b562.jpg

That's no good. Your gym needs a bar set up so the TRX dude doesn't have to use a rack.
I've done this on a Smith machine with no regrets.
Thanks for taking up a squat rack, because there is nowhere else that can be done...

bd6bef362ccb13384e1dbce38100b562.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Finished up week 4 of the 5 week program today. Slow and steady progress the whole time - most happy with pull ups - I've added 4 from where I was at the start, and probably have some easy gains there as I lose a bit of weight.

30 pull-ups now? :alien:
Finished up week 4 of the 5 week program today. Slow and steady progress the whole time - most happy with pull ups - I've added 4 from where I was at the start, and probably have some easy gains there as I lose a bit of weight.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I love what you've become Neb

Dear god what is with these people lol I couldn't imagine seeing some of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back