Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

We dont plan on using the card very much so is it worth it or should we just go with some sort of cash back card?

Keep in mind you have to spend $3k in the first 3 months to get the bonus...

Keep in mind you have to spend $3k in the first 3 months to get the bonus...

What bonus? The 40,000 point introductory offer?

What bonus? The 40,000 point introductory offer?

Yes sir:

40,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months from account opening*

We plan on booking a vacation so that shouldnt be an issue.

sounds good, just saw your comment on not using it much and I know you are blocked from their website at work so I wanted to give you a heads up. With groceries for 4, fuel and Christmas coming up we are banking on hitting that limit as well.

FWIW the online application and approval took a total of 3 minutes.

sounds good, just saw your comment on not using it much and I know you are blocked from their website at work so I wanted to give you a heads up. With groceries for 4, fuel and Christmas coming up we are banking on hitting that limit as well.

FWIW the online application and approval took a total of 3 minutes.

Thanks buddy. Taking a week trip to an all-inclusive somewhere tropical so shouldnt be an issue. Haha

JB, one thing about the Starwood card and transferring points for airline miles: there is usually a time gap of at least a couple of weeks between when you make the transfer online and when the points are actually available. It's not a big deal if you are willing to wait on that, but if you need to make an award reservation in a pinch, that's something to consider.

This is very true. Last time it was 5 days I think for me, but it is definitely not immediate.

Got an email yesterday from Chase telling me my card is on the way! My son's birthday is Sunday so if it gets here in time we will be breaking the card in early...

just got our cards, man they are stout. made of solid steel it seems, lol

Slam them on tables when out to eat so people know whats up

Chase has a few cards like that including the Marriott card. Be careful if you tap it against a glass. :D

I love this thread! I live on points and miles.

My wife is a Marriott Platinum Elite and United Premier 1k, and I am Starwood Platinum. We haven't paid for travel or lodging in a long long time!

Just wait for all the comments and looks you will get when you hand someone this card I bet I have been told a thousand times how heavy this card is.

Just wait for all the comments and looks you will get when you hand someone this card I bet I have been told a thousand times how heavy this card is.

My wife experienced this Sunday morning at Radio Shack, She said she handed the guy the card and he looked at her like "WTH?"

I think its funny now but I am sure it will get old...lol

Those of you with Chase...when the statement rolls over do they somehow indicate on their website/mobile app what the balance due is vs. the actual balance? In other words, is it clearly stated that XXX is due by XXX to avoid interests and XXX is what you have charged since the end of your statement?

Gosh I know what I am trying to ask but not sure if that was in English or not!

Those of you with Chase...when the statement rolls over do they somehow indicate on their website/mobile app what the balance due is vs. the actual balance? In other words, is it clearly stated that XXX is due by XXX to avoid interests and XXX is what you have charged since the end of your statement?

Gosh I know what I am trying to ask but not sure if that was in English or not!

Im looking at ours and it says minimum amount due and then total balance. The only way to avoid interest charges I believe is to pay it off in full like most credit cards.

Im looking at ours and it says minimum amount due and then total balance. The only way to avoid interest charges I believe is to pay it off in full like most credit cards.

For the most part we are going to pay it off each payday but during the holidays it may take a couple paychecks to do it. We should still be a month ahead so it may be a moot point.

Heads up for folks with a starwood Amex, you get 500 bonus points for booking the 4 points sheraton in ft Myers and the hotel was recently renovated. I can't give enough kudos to this place, clean, affordable, outgoing staff, and ahot breakfast to boot. I love the SPG program.

For those pondering the Chase Southwest AIrlines Visa card, right now with signup you get a 50,000 point bonus. It was supposed to be over 10/30 and drop to about 30,000, but they extended it. That extension ends Monday.

For those that use SW a lot, its a great offer because with certain fares, you can extend that into a good amount of tickets.

For those pondering the Chase Southwest AIrlines Visa card, right now with signup you get a 50,000 point bonus. It was supposed to be over 10/30 and drop to about 30,000, but they extended it. That extension ends Monday.

For those that use SW a lot, its a great offer because with certain fares, you can extend that into a good amount of tickets.

I dont find that SW flights are ever cheaper than any other options I have so at that many points and say a flight is 350ish how many flights can u score with those points?

I dont find that SW flights are ever cheaper than any other options I have so at that many points and say a flight is 350ish how many flights can u score with those points?

It depends. The last few years they have not been, but I have a feeling that will be changing over the next few. Im not a giant SW fan, but I dont mind them. And 50,000 points plus bonus points each year is pretty darn good.

Plus they still offer non-stop to many destinations from a lot of different facilities.

To break it down for what its worth in terms of dollars. You are looking at between $700-850 worth of flights if you try to stretch them with wanna get away fares. If you are buying stock rates, you are most likely looking at 2 round trip tickets.

It depends. The last few years they have not been, but I have a feeling that will be changing over the next few. Im not a giant SW fan, but I dont mind them. And 50,000 points plus bonus points each year is pretty darn good.

Plus they still offer non-stop to many destinations from a lot of different facilities.

To break it down for what its worth in terms of dollars. You are looking at between $700-850 worth of flights if you try to stretch them with wanna get away fares. If you are buying stock rates, you are most likely looking at 2 round trip tickets.

I just wish I'd live in an area that offers these dirt cheap flights I see everyone else getting. I could stretch the heck out of the deal then.

They tout the bonus pays for 2 wanna get away fares I may have to look at some specific destinations I have in mind for 2014 and see if I can make that 3...Might be worth it then

I just wish I'd live in an area that offers these dirt cheap flights I see everyone else getting. I could stretch the heck out of the deal then.

They tout the bonus pays for 2 wanna get away fares I may have to look at some specific destinations I have in mind for 2014 and see if I can make that 3...Might be worth it then

Truthfully its worth it for 2. Chase does not keep people from burning cards. So get the card, use the bonus and in 180 days drop it and move to a different one with a different bonus that you can call your full time card.

Does the Chase Southwest card have an annual fee associated with it?

Back