Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice hole out sleuth!

I hit a shot to 3 feet on a 162 yard par 3 with a 7 iron. Was right in line to go in, but lost steam.
Then another shot to 3 feet from 60 yards on a par 5.

Actually made both putts. Yay for the #1 putter. I was missing those left and right before I got that thing.

Today I hit my best shot on the 18th.... I was 195 yards out into the wind.....Hit my 4 hybrid to 3 feet and made the birdie putt. It was awesome! :)

Do you sit there thinking that every close one is going to go in the hole now, dhartmann? I know that 7 iron I hit I got that feeling like when I was watching your ball. Goes to show how many things just have to be perfect to actually hole out like that.

I played a terrible 18 today. Best shot of the day.. I'm thinking my approach on the 13th: 120yqrd from clovers in the rough, hit a gapwedge to 3meters. (10feet) Through trees with hardly room for a swing. Felt awesome.

I coach a 15 year old, he's 3.5hcp. He was on the adjecent hole and told me it was an awesome shot so I guess it was ;)

I made a 4 foot putt. Lately that's a big deal.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

A nuked 6 iron from 174 yards to 3.5 feet and a made birdie putt. My 588 Altitude strikes again.

JimB

I was on number 18 today and hit a good drive. Since it was the last hole and I was only 7 over why not go for it. So im 230 out and grab the 3 wood... decent lie ...setup up.. swing..and wtf...push to the right off the toe. Ends up 40 yrds from the practice putting green. Go up to the ball and this older gentlemen says dont think this is where the flag is. I said there was 4 small ones on this green and a sarcastic joke. I do that alot. Well now im smiling but have 2 trees kinda in my way. I grab my 9 iron set up for a fade and hit it on beautiful. Lands about 12 ft from the flag. Missed the birdie but pade a good par with winning shot in my book..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Do you sit there thinking that every close one is going to go in the hole now, dhartmann? I know that 7 iron I hit I got that feeling like when I was watching your ball. Goes to show how many things just have to be perfect to actually hole out like that.

Amazingly enough... I actually feel like I can hole things out on every shot now. I'm sure that feeling will go away at some point....but I'm still on the high right now :) Although it does make me aim at pins instead of the middle of the greens like normal. Ah well. It'll go back to normal soon!

My best shot came today on the 18th. One of the guys I was playing with asked if id seen anyone drive the green on this hole, I said nope its a 341m (372yd) par four. I teed up and hit my best drive of the day with a beautiful draw on it, I walk up and pace out from the 90m marker and hit about 28m past it so only have about 62 to the centre and that equated to a 279m (305yd) drive. Then I said to my mate I gave it a try, just being funny.

Par 4 18th 294m. Hit my drive 254m leaving me 40m to centre of green. Put a 6 on my card....disappointing

Surprisingly what ended up being my best shot, started out as perhaps one of the worst shots. I was playing with RPBGator - we we're on a Par 5. I had hit my drive too close to a tree and had to punch out down the fairway. I had 185y or so left to the pin. It was a straight fairway, then a sharp right dogleg to the green. The green was otherwise surrounded by water. I hit my shot really thin and ended up with a low stinger fade that never made it more than 10ft off the ground.

It rolled up onto the green about 6ft from the pin.

Birdie.

Had a pair of great shots en route to a 37 on the front nine at the GCAM Tour Tourney at the TPC Prestancia this past Saturday. On the 145 yard par-3 4th, I stuck a 9-iron to two feet and kicked it in for birdie. On the 511 yard par-5 6th I hit a 5 wood from 235 to 15 feet, missed the eagle but had a 2in tap in birdie.

Than I played the back nine...Womp Womp!

Small victories count too... yesterday I drilled a 5-iron onto a par-3 that had previously been unreachable without resorting to a hybrid.

Two shots had me overjoyed, one being a recovery from down a hill in tall grass that I was able to hit out to 10 feet from the hole. I luckily had all 3 of my friend's shots some where beyond my putt which gave me 3 good reads on the break. Drained that for my first birdie on that course ever.

The other was a 220 yard 3w on a par 3 to the right side of the green. That hole always gives me problems but this past weekend was not one of them.

Blind second into a par 5, 205 to green, I usually hit my hybrid here but today I tried my 4i because the hill/angle/etc of this location makes the 4w hit or miss and I NEVER get the ball where I want it. The 4i came off like a rocket and ended up dead even with the flag on the left fringe. I couldn't be happier for a chip/putt for an easy birdie.

Idk if I can count it as my best shot as I missed the birdie putt. But I spun an 8i back 4 feet to leave me a 3 foot birdie putt, on a 136 yard par 3. If I had been 2 foot to the right I would have spun it back right into the cup.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

4i on a 210 yard par 3, hit it straight at the flag, left it a bit short but about 12-15 feet to the hole. Didn't make the birdie but was very happy with the tap in par

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

I'm in the far right rough 190 yards to the front of the green with a creek running across the front of the green. Trees blocking the right side of the green.
IMG_20131023_103217778.jpg

I hit my 4 altitude with a perfect slight fade to the front of the green. 2-putt for par to avoid a big number.
4ded9fac-dbca-42db-be59-ac005a21ac0d.jpg

A single shot like that makes the Altitudes worth the cost.

I'm in the far right rough 190 yards to the front of the green with a creek running across the front of the green. Trees blocking the right side of the green.

I hit my 4 altitude with a perfect slight fade to the front of the green. 2-putt for par to avoid a big number.

A single shot like that makes the Altitudes worth the cost.

That is a nice recovery from the rough, milehighgolfer. Looks like a fun course, too.

Played in a tournament yesterday that had closest to pin and closest to center stripe in fairway. Hit my drive pretty much on the chalk to win the prize. :banana:

Had this left for bird from 190 with a 5 iron.
yruba6an.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Literally just smart-squared a 50 footer for birdie.

Best shot of my round was a 3/4, 56* wedge from 90yds to 2ft.

Also of note, I went 7/7 on fairways. First time ever, I think.

Literally just smart-squared a 50 footer for birdie.

Or....

ynusequv.jpg

132 to a downhill par 3, left to right wind and a little into my face. Played the s55 PW to about a 3/4 swing and just put it out against the wind and let it turn back at the hole with it. Literally a tap in bird. Those are the shots that make everything else go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back