any THP folk in Bakersfield or nearby?

chicogolf

This game's fun GDit
Reaction score
Handicap
In town for the holidays. Here until 12/26. Anybody up for a round?

As a secondary request, anybody have an extra golf bag I can borrow? I was only able to pack my actual clubs and was planning on renting something from the course. Our next stop in our travels (Cambria) has a bag waiting for me...

PM or post back!

matt

Hey bud, I'm about a little more than an hour away from you in Lancaster. Maybe we can play a round?
Are there courses near San Simeon or in Cambria?

There are a whole bunch in San Luis. I'll be there next week.

Any ideas on a course?

There are a whole bunch in San Luis. I'll be there next week.

Any ideas on a course?

Monarch dunes and cypress ridge in the slo area are the best. Hunter Ranch is probably the best course near Cambria.

I will be playing Monarch before the years out as I have a gift certificate that will expire.

Also consider the course in Morro Bay which is nearer Cambria than San Luis. It's a fun little track and very pretty. The ocean definitely pulls the putts that direction as I swear there are a number of greens where the putts seem to break uphill.

TheHeez, me and Schanker are all pretty close, and HandyManny looks like he might travel. Perhaps we could get a mini-THP event on the Central Coast going?

I was originally asking which course to play in Bakersfield, but talking about SLO area courses is so much more fun :)

I love the Morro Bay course. One of the best 'values' I've every played. Bay views, fun track, great price.

Dairy Creek has the aforementioned water issues. When theHeez says to go back, I'm there.

I haven't played any of the others, and would love to..

There is a great course about an hour and 15 minutes back north off the 99 in the little town of Dinuba. The course is called Ridge Creek. It's a heathland course. No trees or water, but a ton of sandtraps and rough. It's my home club and everyone that has played it has really enjoyed it.

CRAP! I'm in Bakersfield... just saw this. Sorry I missed ya!

Back