Should I get a Ping K15 driver?

kuyaariel

Reaction score
Handicap
Good morning. Just asking the board if I should get a K15 driver, especially since I can get a good deal on one? Around that time I flattened my swong a little and my misses became hooks. Being an admitted club ho, I sold that thing, got a G20. Then A G25. Then an I25, and now I have a G30. It has a regular flex Tourswing Okato, 44.5" long. I can hit it ok, but nowhere what I used to be able to do. Plus the fades I'm hitting as of late is costing me some distance.

Which leads me to now. I think back to which driver I hit the best and it's the K15. Should I purchase one? Or maybe try to trade my G30 head for a G30SFT? Or maybe get a new shaft for my G30 (which would be more expensive than getting a K15)?

Ha. Thanks. Well, technically I can afford it. And I'm aware of the thread. In fact, that thread is what made me think about my K15 to begin with. I even offered to get Wilson Staffer a K15 and send to him but my locals Dicks didn't have his specs.

I have never been of the belief to get something that does not work extremely well for me. If you hit this club the best, why not play it? I know some are enamored with all different sets and clubs, but this seems like a no brainer.

I have the K15 and it has changed my driving game for the better. I do have to say that the G30SFT intrigues me. I'd try and at least demo the G30SFT and see what happens. If it doesn't work out, get the K15. Heck, get the K15 and put it on standby.

play what works for you. newer doesn't always mean better. for me i will continue to tinker looking for better, right now though the G25 is what has and is working best.

I normally play the G20 but i ended up getting a K15 for $79 at golf galaxy and couldn't pass it up. I love it actually. It didn't change my driving profile but its worth the $79 for sure and i am building another bag around it. It has a nice sound, and I hit it as far as with my G20. If anything its a great backup driver. I am a driver HO too however, as i feel you can never have to many.

Had the k15, with the 749D shaft on it, it broke twice until I decided to move away from it. I've had the Cobra AMP offset, the R15, Covert and now the 913D2. Must say if you are dealing with hooks and slices, the best way to fix it is to get fitted and change your swing path. I've heard many people saying great players played a fade, which is true, but there is a different on a fade made on purpose and a fade that happens because of a swing fault.

I just replaced my K15 20 and 23 hybrid because I hook da poop out of it, the offset is just to big. I hit the 913h straight and long. Swing path is key my friend.. no driver will fix that.

Yeah we've been talking about this driver for a few days now reminiscing of how dang solid and pure it is. I say go for it. I'm fixing to buy me another one after Christmas.

That IS true... Solid performer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I vote yes!

Get one! Its a great driver. Ive had mine for 3 years and still love it.

If you hit it best get it. As some have said newer is not always better. Play what works or what you like for that matter. Most of us aren't earning our living with golf...it's our fun......play what you like.

I'll say it again... Get it!

Back