Callaway Big Bertha Driver Review

Great review Taylor!

No one seems to know...nor can I find it on their website - but see one of the stock pics you posted has the replaceable weight near the hosel? Not the APW, but the disc shaped thingy. I can't find replacement weights for that, nor has anyone discussed it that I can see. What can one expect changing that out, assuming that's possible?

Great review TH!! And yes the sound of this driver is addicting!

going to have the bertha on a long & tight course for the first time today. Hoping for a good swing day so I can really take advantage.

That was very well written Taylor.

I'm looking forward to trying this club again as my swing continues to change. Pre-change, I was generating too much spin with my over-the-top move and descending attack angle. As these are improving, I am seeing a lower ball flight than I am used to with the Razr Fit Xtreme and I would wager that my spin numbers are down. As I go get fit for the Morgan Cup, I would love to get the extra forgiveness of the Big Bertha, without needing the Alpha for the lower spin.

BOOM! Just ordered the Big Bertha with an Aldila Tour Blue shaft. Without a doubt, this will be a fairway finder for me.

BOOM! Just ordered the Big Bertha with an Aldila Tour Blue shaft. Without a doubt, this will be a fairway finder for me.

#GameChanger! Glad you pulled the trigger, it's going to be an awesome club for you.

#GameChanger! Glad you pulled the trigger, it's going to be an awesome club for you.

I've never hit a straighter, longer ball than I did today. Game changer indeed.

The big Bertha woods are out of this world. So many people cannot be wrong

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

BOOOOOOOOOM!!!
:banana:

As you know, I have the Kusala Blue currently in play in the BB...I also made some trades recently and on the way to my place are:

-Black Tie 6M3 Stiff
-Aldila NV 65 Stiff

I can't wait to tinker with this stuff. I still have my old Amp Cell head and I'm curious to see what the Black Tie does with that head, but of course want to see what it would do in the BB. Lots of adapter changin' going to happen soon... :bulgy-eyes:

If referring to my "two driver set up" Bertha solidified that the Bio Cell is getting sold. Will go up in the MP as soon as I get home and pictures are taken.

You hit this very well this past weekend. I know I would keep it, if I were you. Just wish I had taken that swing on 18 with it. Don't think it would have beat my drive though.

As you know, I have the Kusala Blue currently in play in the BB...I also made some trades recently and on the way to my place are:

-Black Tie 6M3 Stiff
-Aldila NV 65 Stiff

I can't wait to tinker with this stuff. I still have my old Amp Cell head and I'm curious to see what the Black Tie does with that head, but of course want to see what it would do in the BB. Lots of adapter changin' going to happen soon... :bulgy-eyes:

I had the Kusala Blue in my Razr Fit. It was a great combo for me at the time. The Aldila Tour Blue reminds me a lot of the Kusala Blue only with a little more "feel" in it.

You hit this very well this past weekend. I know I would keep it, if I were you. Just wish I had taken that swing on 18 with it. Don't think it would have beat my drive though.

Thanks. You were moving the ball it there pretty good also.

Bertha is just a solid set up, but more importantly it gives me confidence and we know that's huge in this game.

So I finally got to hit my BB out on the course yesterday and to say the least I am very very happy!!! The forgiveness on this thing is insane! I kept checking to see where on the face I hit it because there was that little of a difference between good and off center shots. I missed 5 fairways which sounds like a lot but only 2 were offline and not by much. The other 3 I was cutting the dogleg and because of how wet it was the balls plugged a few yards short of being a FIR. If it's summer time those drives are in perfect condition. Trying to find the best deal and being a person who likes to tinker I bought the head only and put a RIP phenom 50 shaft in it that I bought in the marketplace. For me the combo just felt right, was seeing great distance even into the wind with a good amount of height. I was playing the BB neutral and standard with the weight set at fade 1. I was getting exactly that. A straight to baby fade ball flight which I love!!! I had 2 range sessions hitting this with some other shafts and I was coming back happy but not ecstatic. After hitting this in a real golfing situation I'm blown away by how consistent I was with this setup. I hope the trends continue and I will update as weather hopefully continues to stay warm .

Did some tinkering with the APW tonight going down to 3 fade and worked my way back to neutral (or zero). My loft and lie is -1 neutral. I took about 5 swings in each setting with the goal of hitting it straight to slight fade. It looks like 2 fade was the best option tonight. 3 fade was too much of a fade for my liking. I really want to eliminate the left side and that nasty hook spin. Hopefully a lesson or two will get rid of it. Let's see how 2 fade carries over to the course this weekend.

Was able to hit the Big Bertha Driver today on a trackman at a Callaway Demo day at my club. Carry and distance numbers where very similar to my current gamer which bodes well for #theking. This was without any attempt to dial in the BB. This was with the exact setup I have ordered for the event, a 10.5 with stock regular shaft and set to neutral settings.

My drives with the BB were perfectly straight. Really felt good. Looking forward to swinging this girl down in Orlando!

BB really shined for me today at a demo day my club held this afternoon. I didn't have my best stuff (over indulged last night) but was really impressed with the BB. I have to say indoor and a LM I liked the alpha a bit more. Today has my mind all over the place. I liked the sound of the BB better outdoors. The head shape looks great and the feel is solid. The Callaway rep was surprised by my knowledge of the driver. She commented that I knew exactly what I wanted to try and what settings I preferred. I didn't get any trackman numbers but that's ok.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BB really shined for me today at a demo day my club held this afternoon. I didn't have my best stuff (over indulged last night) but was really impressed with the BB. I have to say indoor and a LM I liked the alpha a bit more. Today has my mind all over the place. I liked the sound of the BB better outdoors. The head shape looks great and the feel is solid. The Callaway rep was surprised by my knowledge of the driver. She commented that I knew exactly what I wanted to try and what settings I preferred. I didn't get any trackman numbers but that's ok.

I will bring the 10.5 alpha and 10.5 BB to Indy. Be sure to bring your shaft and you can have at it :)

I will bring the 10.5 alpha and 10.5 BB to Indy. Be sure to bring your shaft and you can have at it :)

Heck yea! Thanks buddy.

All you guys will need is a launch monitor!

I hit the range again today as I was trying a new set up / address tweak I learned recently. The winds were coming from right to left at about 20 mph, about 20 degrees of headwind component. I was just drilling this thing. Part of it was the set up tweak helping reduce the spin (ie. hitting up on the ball). Most of the hits were center or near center and the ball was just cutting through the wind like butter. 250+ carry with a headwind....now that was awesome to see!!!! I LOVE this driver.

Does anybody know if the shafts that work in the X Hot drivers fit in the Big Bertha drivers?

Back