Voice Caddie Swing Caddie SC100 Review

What are you guys offering the ebay seller, feel free to pm the dollar amount.

I got mine for $235. Started at $215 and countered to that point.

I think people that like the thought of this device will want to pay attention to THP later this morning...:D

I feel like this should be bumped

I bought mine last week. It arrives today. Will immediately be going to the range after work to try it out. Very excited.

I offered my dream price, which was rejected. We landed at $225.

I think people that like the thought of this device will want to pay attention to THP later this morning...:D
Such an amazing opportunity!

It honestly does, I compete with myself on it w/ the scoring/practice mode. I adore it.

Have you tried dropping it on the course for a swing, or just the range?

Have you tried dropping it on the course for a swing, or just the range?

When testing a club (like a driver) I do use it on the teebox and go back over the ballspeed and smash results at the conclusion of a round.

Mine was delivered while I was in Lake Charles. I can't wait to hit the range with it, but it looks like Thursday for me at the earliest.

sorry if someone has already touched on this, but is this device waterproof/water resistant? thanks.

Mine was delivered while I was in Lake Charles. I can't wait to hit the range with it, but it looks like Thursday for me at the earliest.

why wait? range it up tonight

why wait? range it up tonight
I was thinking we had sim golf tonight. Since it looks like we don't, I will be at Route Fore by 5:15...and I have this in the car.

Great...another thing to buy!!!

My interest in this unit has increased infinitely in the last day. As I continue to read about the swing caddie and the information it delivers, I really think it's the portable (and feasible) option I've been looking for. I know two of the things that turned me off initially are a lack of spin rate and a lack of launch angle, but if I am on the range hitting balls, do I really need a device to tell me I am hitting it a certain height?

What excites me, is ball speed, smash factor, and distance of carry. Three things that I really would like to get to know more about each club in my bag. This includes when I am learning new swing styles like fading, hitting lower shots, etc... Getting to know accurate distances will only improve my ability to score on a golf course and have confidence in my club selection.

Can't wait to hear more about this device.

Smart move Canadan. Also great for future reviews of equipment you big stud.

One feature I'm loving on the SC100 is the auto sleep mode (ZZZ).

I forever forget to turn this device off after I hit balls downstairs (daily) so I'm super happy it goes to sleep on it's own! In the few weeks of owning the SC100 I've left it on more times than not and the original batteries are still going strong.

What excites me, is ball speed, smash factor, and distance of carry. Three things that I really would like to get to know more about each club in my bag. This includes when I am learning new swing styles like fading, hitting lower shots, etc... Getting to know accurate distances will only improve my ability to score on a golf course and have confidence in my club selection.

This alone makes it worth its weight in gold. Would be awesome to know exactly how much carry your knockdown wedge is opposed to guessing it's 115 for instance when it's really 113.

This alone makes it worth its weight in gold. Would be awesome to know exactly how much carry your knockdown wedge is opposed to guessing it's 115 for instance when it's really 113.

Yes. A lot of assumptions are made on the range, and I think this will make range sessions substantially more effective.

Yes. A lot of assumptions are made on the range, and I think this will make range sessions substantially more effective.

Knowing is half the battle!

My interest in this unit has increased infinitely in the last day. As I continue to read about the swing caddie and the information it delivers, I really think it's the portable (and feasible) option I've been looking for. I know two of the things that turned me off initially are a lack of spin rate and a lack of launch angle, but if I am on the range hitting balls, do I really need a device to tell me I am hitting it a certain height?

There's a lot of good info in those numbers. Solid ponder and something I would love to be able to take to the range.

Just got home from a fun session with the SC 100. Was using the target feature and playing games hitting shots at 65, 95, and 140.

65 is hard.
95 was fun with 3/4 PW.
140 wasn't too bad, I was showing upper 120's a lot with the 8i which seemed kinda short but then lasered the flag and I was in fact coming up consistently a bit short with the range balls.

Wanna go halfsies?! Every time this thread pops up I caught up and think how nice this would be. I used the Ernest Sports product a bit last year but felt it was limited. Then, when I found out it it calculates the data I was really not interested. I think this device could cure my launch monitor ponder for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've been wanting something like this for about 2 years, and this seemed like the best combination of features, something that actually worked, price, portability and the fact that it didn't require a laptop, phone or tablet to use. Mine showed up yesterday, so I took it out last night.

Pros:
- Packaging: Sounds stupid, but they hit a home run. They also included batteries. I appreciated the effort and attention to detail.
- The remote. This way you don't mess up the alignment switching from club to club.
- It works.
- Setup is a breeze.
- Size -- it fits nicely in my bag.
- Great, and I mean great, for comparative club testing. My buddy and I did a little bake off of a JPX 800, JPX 800 Pro and K15 iron (of similar loft) as well as a XHot 4W versus a RBZ 3W. One of us would watch the numbers which allowed the other to focus on just making crisp swings. The actual numbers might surprise some, but that's something for another thread.
- Good for swing tweaks. It's instantaneous feedback on distance that can be paired with what you visually see with respect to trajectory and direction. This can be invaluable, particularly if you practice at a range that doesn't give you a good feel for yardage.

Cons:
- You draw a crowd at the range. Hacks like me don't like attention.
- Initially I had some issues with it picking up balls when it was pointed directly at the setting sun. It will be interesting to see whether this is a one time thing.
- I was so excited about a new toy that I really wasn't focused on hitting balls at all. I spent half of my time looking back to see whether it picked up the ball, and what the numbers were. I had a terrible range session as a result. Hopefully when the novelty wears off it will be better.
- It occasionally seems to get wedged up and misses a half dozen balls.

Other:
- I'm going to have to rig something up in order to hit driver because the rubber tees at the range I frequent are too far back. I'm afraid of hitting the unit on the back swing. I think a 2 x 4 which would allow the unit to sit at a similar height as the mat should work just fine.
- You may not like the harsh reality of some of the numbers. These aren't feel good sim numbers. I left fairly rattled.
- It felt like this was a little bit off for me given what I hit "on the course" based on GPS measurements. It could have been that my swing was just that bad last night. I can hardly remember any of my actual shots, which is indicative of a poor session for me. More to come on this.
- I felt really, really good about my carry gaps. I'm not a long hitter, but my FW was 20 yards longer in carry than my 3H which was 10 yards longer than my 4H, etc..

Back