XXIO Prime Driver

I don't pretend to understand all the tech in the xxio prime, but the shaft is something that I think would be tough to replicate. war eagle explained it and it made a ton of sense. I've never hit anything like this thing in my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not negative on this driver. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that War Eagle is still gaming the Cleveland CG Black driver which he loves. I believe the 2 shafts I named were stock in that driver. Great shafts. Unless he changed shafts I would think War is very positive on those shafts, but I can't really speak for him.

Very good thing that this driver working so well for you.

The SuperTri and this are VERY different. Pretty much every facet of the club different.

I should not have posted in this thread. I currently have my beloved Supertri for sale in Ebay. The more I THINK on this the more I like JB'S 2 driver strategy. I could easily remove my 5 wood since my vintage 2007 TM Burner 3 wood is just so versatile. Every time I opt for a more modern 3 wood they end up going bye bye fairly quickly.

Now I don't care if my Supertri sells. I am really pondering my idea. What the Hell ,if my back heals well and it looks like the surgery I had will allow me to play plenty of golf I could might even buy this driver and avoid the work of building my own.

The SuperTri and this are VERY different. Pretty much every facet of the club different.

Just now saw this. At the very least I need to do more homework on the technology.

Just now saw this. At the very least I need to do more homework on the technology.

If you make it out to a THP event you are welcome to test mine.

I currently have the 2015 CG Black and also liked the original CG Black with the Miyazaki shaft. Both are very light. Does the XXIO Prime and XXIO9 feel as light or is the heavy head noticeable?

They feel similar in my opinion. Quite different at impact, but picking it up is similar.

I currently have the 2015 CG Black and also liked the original CG Black with the Miyazaki shaft. Both are very light. Does the XXIO Prime and XXIO9 feel as light or is the heavy head noticeable?
Picking up the XXIO reminded me exactly of the original CG Black.

If you make it out to a THP event you are welcome to test mine.

Really Appreciate that. I really like your current strategy - bagging 2 different drivers for different situations. Have not swung a club since 12/21/15 back surgery. Really strange deal on that. On the day it happened I recall saying to a guy at the range " I can't hit balls any better, hitting them like I am a 40 year old, at my age who knows how long this can last". Hours later at night from out of nowhere it hit me- eventually MRI revealed 2 herniated discs. I will be cleared to hit balls and/or play in 7 days.

Off topic a bit here, but this strategy is very interesting and makes complete sense to me.

It helps with the XXIO being so good and so forgiving

Picking up the XXIO reminded me exactly of the original CG Black.

That is exactly what I thought you might say. Finally after a season long slump I got something right. Just kidding.

Got it going on the back a little. Sping down in the 4000 got me another 25 yards. Just need to keep messing with tee height and ball position (to manage through existing swing flaw)

Got it going on the back a little. Sping down in the 4000 got me another 25 yards. Just need to keep messing with tee height and ball position (to manage through existing swing flaw)
I assume you may lower it a little since it was probably high. #SweepersUnite!

No matter how much I drink or beg next month, do not let me play with the driver and paypal you money

Love the sound of this one, but holy cow the spin. Hit it in 10.5* and a pretty light flex feeling shaft. I'd definitely need to hit it in a stiffer shaft and probably a lower lofted head, as my spin was up near 4000. Even so, I got a decent amount of carry.

I picked it up, held it for a second and put it down before I broke it.

Love the sound of this one, but holy cow the spin. Hit it in 10.5* and a pretty light flex feeling shaft. I'd definitely need to hit it in a stiffer shaft and probably a lower lofted head, as my spin was up near 4000. Even so, I got a decent amount of carry.

I see this now.
I dont think the shaft has as much to do with it as people will believe.
Depending on the rest (ball can only spin on a single axis), dropping loft would be an easy fix.
Then again, ball change could change more than just about anything as well.

I see this now.
Depending on the rest (ball can only spin on a single axis), dropping loft would be an easy fix.

One comment I always said when someone would hit my CG Black that goes the same for this one when people think the shaft is too "whippy" in hand is this...

You don't swing as fast as you think you do.

Proper tempo with this driver and it just bombs it.

The few times I hit it I was seeing mid 2500 spin. I honestly though once I picked it up I would have lost my tee ball way way right. Boy was I wrong straight as an arrow.

Granted I felt like I was standing in the next hitting bay.

Who put that grip on?

The few times I hit it I was seeing mid 2500 spin. I honestly though once I picked it up I would have lost my tee ball way way right. Boy was I wrong straight as an arrow.

Who put that grip on?

441 didnt change the grip? There is no tape under it, and we knew it wouldnt stay. It was just so he could make it through a round.
Of course that is neither here nor there as it pertains to the driver though, which continues to impress.

I see this now.
I wouldnt mind tinkering with ball options. Today i used the duo and spin ranged from 4000 to 8200 with my concistent swing flaw.

I did however hit what seemed like every fairway

Who put that grip on?
Oh come on everyone likes a 51 inch driver

I wouldnt mind tinkering with ball options. Today i used the duo and spin ranged from 4000 to 8200 with my concistent swing flaw.

I did however hit what seemed like every fairway

Oh come on everyone likes a 51 inch driver

As well as you and I were hitting it might as well play it at 51.

Honestly though I had my doubts, but after seeing with my own eyes I know what the hype was all about.

Looks are great and the sound is music to my ears.

Now the price...

I wanna swing this badly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back