THP Regional Rivalry - NY/NJ vs New England - Sponsored By True Temper

Got 18 in this morning. Great front 9. Back 9 proved I need a little more work. Maybe tomorrow if not to cold/windy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Show your weapons!

Show your weapons!

Does everyone have their 2016 bag ready and prepared for battle? What do you plan on bringing when the war paint is dawned and the battle begins? I've got my bag set, been practicing and honing in these dart throwers. My signature is accurate and if I'm picked it's what I'll be bringing to battle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0
Does everyone have their 2016 bag ready and prepared for battle? What do you plan on bringing when the war paint is dawned and the battle begins? I've got my bag set, been practicing and honing in these dart throwers. My signature is accurate and if I'm picked it's what I'll be bringing to battle.

Ohhh pretty sticks! How are they???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohhh pretty sticks! How are they???

They are sweet! The AP2 irons are point and shoot, baby draw or baby fade at will and super forgiving. Pin seekers. Only played a few times with them but love them so far. I'm heading to Tampa area for 2 weeks in the end of February and going to Vegas for 2 months in March. So I'll have plenty more experience with them soon, but first impressions are superb.

edit: didn't realize the photo came out sideways. I'll try and figure it out

Yes sir. Still have a little dialing in to do and need to settle on a flatstick, but plenty of time for that. I'll be ready.
7f9f16859f821d0fd37d2e63a01a7ca6.jpg

Fit for a new driver today, ready to unleash hell in CT!

Well, I can't hold that against them, since I've only played it once, and that wasn't recently. ddec and I are planning on getting there before the event though, so that will change. That's an interesting question on pairings. I guess if I had enough guys with strong course knowledge, that might be a good way to pair up, but I'm going to look at how people's games work together first and foremost.

For me, I will tend to play a bit more conservatively the first time I play a new course, unless I've got someone who I trust giving me the lay of the land. Since this is a 27 hole event, everyone should be on even ground going through the second time. But in general, it's middle of greens, avoiding blind shots when I'm not 100% sure what's on the other side.

I'd love to play it with you guys regardless of whether or not I get in!

Nope not yet. I have some serious testing to be done. Right now it seems as if my Srixon bag in its entirety will be in play for the majority of the season. Not positive yet though- nearly positive hahaha

100% agree with this for the New England team. It think it would mean a ton to the guys out there playing to have some support.

To both of you- I'm there whether I'm playing or not and by that I mean I will help in whatever capacity I can

Really looking forward to seeing al of the guys involved. I know the other threads have some counts and what not and there seems to be quite a few guys eager for this one.
Motivation baby, motivation

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Is there a list of interested NY/NJ members like there is one for NE?

Is there a list of interested NY/NJ members like there is one for NE?
I have no official list. Just one I've made up by reading through the thread. To me I can tell who is in and who isn't by having them post in here and continue posting outside of the regional threads

Russtopher and I were talking about this event today during our call out round. You've got 2 very excited and interested NE THP'ers ready to play captain.

I think The Ranch is such a great track for this rivalry. Especially with the course next door being a good spot for other THPers to go get a round in as well. Overall a great location to get so many together.

I have no official list. Just one I've made up by reading through the thread. To me I can tell who is in and who isn't by having them post in here and continue posting outside of the regional threads

Atta boy Capt. you don't need any lists to know who's ready to play and who's not!

Thats loser talk...lists are where its at

I agree dude....

Some putting today. Love looking down the road to this

563fd239ef6d7fad78f91d9a5c36dad2.jpg
Bag is ready for rivalry except possibly a putter change. Spent some quality time in the basement this morning working on 10 footers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I putt almost every day at home but went to the dome and putted and chipped for a couple hours. Didn't take any full swings but it was great to get out and chip. If the greens I play are as fast as the dome is, my handicap would be 4 strokes higher...serious stroke adjustment was needed. Great to be able to look ahead (past the snow) and think about the Rivalry. I keep checking out the course...

563fd239ef6d7fad78f91d9a5c36dad2.jpg
Bag is ready for rivalry except possibly a putter change. Spent some quality time in the basement this morning working on 10 footers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Looks like a little kid starring out the window waiting for someone to play with.

Russtopher and I were talking about this event today during our call out round. You've got 2 very excited and interested NE THP'ers ready to play captain.

Absolutely! We had a good time talking about the potential NE lineup while listening to the guy in the next bay curse out just about everything. I know we're both going to hit the sim a few more times to keep working on our game, anyone else who wants to join in is more than welcome. Maybe we can find a good sim halfway between us and the guys who are closer to Boston too.

I'm getting new irons and possibly a new driver. I'm going to do this around March/April which will give me plenty of time to get everything dialed in for this event.

Back