The Golf Ramble Thread

My default miss with driver is horrendous, and needs to change.
Every time I think I've conquered the beast that is the swooping duck hook it rears its ugly head again.

A new girl we hired as counter staff has gotten the golf bug. She'd never played before a few weeks ago, and yesterday she went to the TMPL at Robin Nigro's and got fit for some irons, bought a bag, borrowed a driver and putter and now she's on this "I gotta get shoes" thing! It's fun to see how into this game she got in such a short time.

Every time I think I've conquered the beast that is the swooping duck hook it rears its ugly head again.

Ugh, from your lips to Gods ears brother. Saturday, 12 of 14 fairways. Today, 3 of 14... Except it was duck hook or horrible push right

Bad case of the shanks/slices has cropped up. Can't get in for a lesson for a week.

Aching to get back on the course and start shooting good scores again.
I had been playing way above my head lately, confidence for days. What a reality check this is.

Fantastic day with the driver, almost too good - put myself in bad positions because I had no business being on my line, the ball is supposed to move and not stay straight. Took a few holes to change that.
Wish my short game had shown up, tho.

6 fairways and 2 greens, its starting to take a toll on my spirit a little, I never though I'd ever go through such a downward spiral in this game.

I parred two holes today from fairway bunkers, and one from a greenside. Sweet.

That's where I'm at right now with the driver. I waved the white flag and scheduled a session with my swing coach. Must kill the duck hook.

when I try hit a tiny draw with my driver, it goes straight... when I try hit it straight, I get a fade. Need to go in for a refresher lesson.

I randomly lost about a club to a club and a half of distance during today's round. Not sure if playing 36 yesterday has something to do with it, but it was frustrating. The biggest mystery, was that my 3 wood was coming up about 30 yards short. I'm sure being tired was a factor, but there must have been something I was doing or not doing in my swing that caused it. Just strange.

Where do I lose the most strokes during a round? When I grab a club, walk to my ball, and realize it is the wrong club, but "try and make it work".

Perfect example. I have to shoot under the branches of an evergreen, from 30 feet off a green. all I have is a 56* and my putter. What should I do? Go get the proper freeking club. What do I do? 56 into the tree branch, then putter to the fringe, then putter 5 feet past the hole. ON A PAR 3.

I need to use my head, or I guess listen to my head, and make the right play. Take a minute, get the proper club, and make the proper shot.

There are few things more frustrating to me than hitting a drive 60+ yards beyond my average drive... and then completely self-destructing for the rest of the hole. One thing that IS more frustrating than that is having it happen on BACK-TO-BACK HOLES!!!

204 left to a par 5 after a drive of just under 300 yards... and I hack it around for a bogey. Next hole, a drive of just over 290 leaves me about 80 yards to the pin... and I make a double.

I love to hate this game.

I am not a fan of having better grass and lies to hit off in the rough at my local courses, than when you are in the fairway.

You should be rewarded by being in the fairways, not penalized for it.

I am not a fan of having better grass and lies to hit off in the rough at my local courses, than when you are in the fairway.

You should be rewarded by being in the fairways, not penalized for it.

Are you talking about bent grass fairways? Or just crappy fairways?

Are you talking about bent grass fairways? Or just crappy fairways?

Just crappy fairways. There is only one type of fairway here..... "whatever grass is already on the lang" fairways.

Fairways are so dead here due to the heat, that the rough is thicker and leaves a better surface to hit off of.

WTF hooking long irons today?!? Never happened before. Killed my round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I figured out what's going on. Lots of work to do now.

If I had a dollar for every time I've said that. My wife just rolls her eyes now.....

6 fairways and 2 greens, its starting to take a toll on my spirit a little, I never though I'd ever go through such a downward spiral in this game.

that was me yesterday.

My pops took me out for a round on Sunday and I had a fantastic day off the tee. Probable the best and most consistent and longest in years only problem I couldn't hit a stinkin iron from the fairway.

233 yard par 3.....wtf???

Seriously that ain't right!

There's a short track in a 55 and older near here all the par 4s are about 300 the 1 par 5 is 350 and the 3 par 3s are all 200... WTF?

Played a course the other day that had a 235 yd par 3. Just ask Winchell or hickerad they were there

I put it on the back of the green and 3 putted. The course also had a 603 yard par 5 that I didn't mind except the wind was about 30km/h into our face.

I absolutely hate long par 3's. Feel your pain haha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back