SkyGolf SkyCaddie Aire II Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

SkyGolf®, maker of SkyCaddie® the most trusted Rangefinder in Golf, today announced the introduction of the new SkyCaddie® AIRE II™. The ultra-light, compact SkyCaddie AIRE II comes loaded with stroke-saving features and is ready-to-play with over 35,000 preloaded courses and no annual fees required.

Using golf's only ground-corrected precision course maps, the SkyCaddie AIRE II provides dynamic, accurate distances to the front, center and back of the green with large, easy-to-read numbers. It also provides TrueGround® fairway targets and layup targets in to the green with no membership required. The AIRE II features intelligent automation which means that it automatically recognizes the course you are playing, advances to the next hole automatically, and provides automatic distance information without having to press any buttons. Other features include a digital scorecard function which stores up to 20 rounds, a shot distance measurement function, fitness functions including odometer, calorie counter and distance tracker, plus watch functions including a pace-of-play timer and stopwatch.

With the AIRE II, golfers have the option to upgrade to a nominally-priced SkyGolf Membership plan to access SkyCaddie's advanced course management features including the proprietary IntelliGreen® Technology which displays the exact shape of the green from your angle of approach, plus adjustable pin targeting that gives precise distances to the hole.

The upgrade also adds SkyCaddie's full TrueGround® Target List for each course with up to 40 points to hazards, bunkers, water, carries and layups per hole. In addition, upgraded members can sync their AIRE II with the SkyGolf 360™ Mobile App that allows golfers to upload scores and stats to SkyGolf's online community for comprehensive post-round analysis.

"The great thing about the AIRE II is its simplicity combined with all the key features you want in a compact, easy-to-use device," said Richard Edmonson, CEO, SkyGolf. "It condenses a quarter million hours of exclusive SkyCaddie course mapping into a truly pocket-sized rechargeable unit that's just easy and fun to use. Switch it on, let it find the course you are playing and go play."

The water-resistant AIRE II can be clipped to a belt or a golf cart or can hang from your golf bag. Its rechargeable lithium battery powers the device for up to 10 hours between charges.

2151321.jpg

Great to see Skygolf offer a GPS product that doesn't need a monthly subscription. It looks like a solid option for thoose that don't want a full screen layout of the hole.

I just went through the process of buying a new handheld device. I avoided SkyGolf because of the monthly fee but I was hopeful when I started reading this.

Then only to see no layout of the hole and then green views only available with an "upgrade" which requires additional funds. Just when they get a chance to get it right, they hold back features. What a joke.

• Admin
Then only to see no layout of the hole and then green views only available with an "upgrade" which requires additional funds. Just when they get a chance to get it right, they hold back features. What a joke.

In my opinion its garbage. Its a dinosaur model.

In my opinion its garbage. Its a dinosaur model.

Definitely looks like a bare bones model with no color, etc. Loving my Golf Buddy that I got.

Appears that it does the exact same as a watch out of the box...only exception would be if it's giving more targets and hazards off the tee and approaches into the greens.

I picked up the original Aire for under $70 on the bay. I needed something to replace my other $50 GPS I broke. My only requirements in GPS is front, center, back and fits in my back pocket.

This device is okay for the $149 and less crowd. Golf Buddy is a better deal since you get green view for free. The measured points at my local club doesn't seem more accurate on the Skycaddie brand items vs GolfBuddy or even my now broken 5 year old callaway GPS.

It is comfy to hold and gives me the info quick and on one screen. Odds are I'm going to trade it for a GolfBuddy VS4 since the GolfBuddy is smaller and fits in my pocket a bit easier.

Last edited:
Not a fan of Skygolf...didn't like the monthly subscriptions or upgrade costs. So many other options out there including watches that are much better.

cool device 5 years ago...pass

it just has that dollar store feel to it. I agree with you guys, money better spent other places for this seeker of pins as well.

I've come to the point where I appreciate a range finder much more than the GPS systems now. I feel they are much more accurate and there is no second guessing a distance because a pin will never be exactly in the middle, front, or back of the green.

GPS watches are so convenient, just a glance at the wrist and good to go most of the time. Virtually same price. This seems DOA.

Back