GolfTec SwingTRU Motion Study

ken_h

Perpetual Hacker
Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 GHIN
Since I do lessons at GolfTec I get emails from them for various things, and I thought this was pretty interesting (not trying to shill for them or anything). But they did a study of over 13,000 swings and pinpointed 6 positions in the swing and compiled averages for those 6 positions for various handicap ranges. For example at the top of the back swing, the average 30 handicap has swayed 2.3 inches towards the target at the hips, where a pro has swayed 3.9 inches.

https://www.golftec.com/swingtru?ut...e_cta_header_image&utm_campaign=swingtru_2016

One of these days I'm going to buy a GolfTec lesson package.

That's very interesting!

Very interesting stuff.

My brother use to teach at GolfTec and it was really interesting knowing all the numbers and being on the machine. It works and even as a lower handicap, there was a lot that I learned and fixed. It made me a more consistent player and that was the best part.

Always interested when someone or a company is able to compile a huge database of swings like that. So many interesting things that you can learn from it.

Seems like a good place to ask. I was under the impression that golftec teaches mostly stack and tilt type moves. Is that true or not or is it very teacher or student dependent and what ever will work best for your swing is what they will teach.

Seems like a good place to ask. I was under the impression that golftec teaches mostly stack and tilt type moves. Is that true or not or is it very teacher or student dependent and what ever will work best for your swing is what they will teach.

I think it's very teacher/student dependent.

That makes me curious then for sure. Not sure where I heard it was pretty much only stack and tilt but if they are teacher student dependent I think it might be worth considering. Maybe I will give the swing evaluation a shot and see if I like the teacher who is doing it.

That makes me curious then for sure. Not sure where I heard it was pretty much only stack and tilt but if they are teacher student dependent I think it might be worth considering. Maybe I will give the swing evaluation a shot and see if I like the teacher who is doing it.
Not sure how close your are to North Olmsted, but Nick Paez owns and teaches at the golftec there. He is always rated as one of the top teachers in Ohio. If memory serves me correctly he played some on the Asian tour before turning to teaching full time. Might be worth checking into.

Not sure how close your are to North Olmsted, but Nick Paez owns and teaches at the golftec there. He is always rated as one of the top teachers in Ohio. If memory serves me correctly he played some on the Asian tour before turning to teaching full time. Might be worth checking into.
Good to know, thanks. It is pretty close as well only like 10 or 15 miles.

Back