Golf swing feedback please

tzeboss

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi

Just been to the indoor range and made a video. My swing looks Kinda flat but i seem to make good contact. Any tips for me? Thankshttps://vimeo.com/116411891

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess my question is, what are you trying to achieve? I'd like to know how often you play? What is your goal for 2015? What would you consider your missed shot?

That's a 3+ minute video with two swings. Over two minutes of standing over the ball. I had to check my wifi. I thought my connection stalled.

That's a 3+ minute video with two swings. Over two minutes of standing over the ball. I had to check my wifi. I thought my connection stalled.

Lol sorry. I filmed in slow motion and then that just happens

I guess my question is, what are you trying to achieve? I'd like to know how often you play? What is your goal for 2015? What would you consider your missed shot?

Thanks i play like once a week (winter now). Practice once a week. Play off 12 hcp. I seem to hit quite well at the moment. Most shots are small push (trackman) 7 iron however 3 hybrid is pretty straight or small draw. Goal is single digit hcp.

Just wondering if any noticable flaws. My posture isnt great i guess.

Looks like your hitting them straight. Might be nice later to have two videos of about 5-10 seconds each with the slowmo. Or at least start the video when you start the swing at 50 or so seconds. My advice would be get on a launch monitor. If you are consistently delivering the club with solid strikes in the sweet spot then it doesn't matter what your posture or swing looks like. If you are getting food numbers and the desired ball flight and consistency then your set. Otherwise like Tadashi mentioned what are you trying to achieve. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Golf swing feedback please

Since Matt Kucher was mentioned I thought it would be interesting to give a few comparison shots. I do this a lot with myself just for fun and sometimes to learn.

56492558f972f9457470d570ce859fb9.jpg

6f009d12d49e9672befd5d11c0cf92c2.jpg

13b5dd70cd35c8059bb5dd0e16f7421d.jpg

608a4bf66df70ab40ddf98c55f1469f4.jpg

3daff252918f11e69f64647dbeb34c3a.jpg

f941158c3907c2710d6a6d401c848b8f.jpg

44beba1f36c941c9e69e8dc1089d9750.jpg

Video I used http://youtu.be/oLn6YQHtuL8

I'm no pro, but you are definitely flat or very inside on your back swing, you roll your hands open on your back swing, and have an open club face at the top. On the way back down you are very outside or "over the top".

Coming over the top with a square face would send your shots left, but since you have an open face it counters the path some what helping you keep your shots more in line with your target line. It's just not the most consistent way to hit straight shots.

But you really should answer Tadashi's questions before making changes so that he can prioritize what you should focus on, if anything, because it's dependant on what you want to accomplish.

I think you're doing very well to be off 12. You must manage your game well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Since Matt Kucher was mentioned I thought it would be interesting to give a few comparison shots. I do this a lot with myself just for fun and sometimes to learn.

56492558f972f9457470d570ce859fb9.jpg

6f009d12d49e9672befd5d11c0cf92c2.jpg

13b5dd70cd35c8059bb5dd0e16f7421d.jpg

608a4bf66df70ab40ddf98c55f1469f4.jpg

3daff252918f11e69f64647dbeb34c3a.jpg

f941158c3907c2710d6a6d401c848b8f.jpg

44beba1f36c941c9e69e8dc1089d9750.jpg

Video I used http://youtu.be/oLn6YQHtuL8

Wow thanks for all that work you done for me. I now see the rolling of the hands which i will work on. A big thanks for doing that analysis

You must be one hell of an athlete! You are well over rotated and your eyes are a long way from sighting the ball..... you do get the club and both arms to good (but very deep---almost behind) position at your top. Your ability to redeliver yourself to a reasonable swing path with a good clubface orientation is all about ability.

I'd work on takeaway and shortening the swing ...and taking some of the "violence" out of the swing.

Please note---- my "expert advice" does not provide me anything close to your 12 handicap!!!!....you are one hell of an athlete!!!

Working with the swing you have, I'd like to see you work on the basics. Before every swing make sure your feet and square to your intended target line. Make sure the knees, hips and shoulders match. Add some flex to those knees and allow the arms to hang under your shoulders. Try to avoid reaching out for the ball. These points are key for a consistent swing and should become second nature for you.

Now your swing is your own swing. It's unique but it seems to work. It based on timing and what feels right to you. I'd work on a one piece take away from the ball. This involves the shoulders and arms, not the hands. If you turn the shoulders from address to 90* & swing the arms, it will place the club in a better position at the top. This will help get rid of the push. It will take time but I would really work on the few things I mentioned.

You must be one hell of an athlete! You are well over rotated and your eyes are a long way from sighting the ball..... you do get the club and both arms to good (but very deep---almost behind) position at your top. Your ability to redeliver yourself to a reasonable swing path with a good clubface orientation is all about ability.

I'd work on takeaway and shortening the swing ...and taking some of the "violence" out of the swing.

Please note---- my "expert advice" does not provide me anything close to your 12 handicap!!!!....you are one hell of an athlete!!!

Thanks for your feedback. Love the athlete comment

Working with the swing you have, I'd like to see you work on the basics. Before every swing make sure your feet and square to your intended target line. Make sure the knees, hips and shoulders match. Add some flex to those knees and allow the arms to hang under your shoulders. Try to avoid reaching out for the ball. These points are key for a consistent swing and should become second nature for you.

Now your swing is your own swing. It's unique but it seems to work. It based on timing and what feels right to you. I'd work on a one piece take away from the ball. This involves the shoulders and arms, not the hands. If you turn the shoulders from address to 90* & swing the arms, it will place the club in a better position at the top. This will help get rid of the push. It will take time but I would really work on the few things I mentioned.

Thanks for feedback. I will work on what you have advised

Back