Cleveland Smart-Square Putter Review

I actually put a jumbo Winn putter grip in mine with a few lead tape strips at the bottom. Love the feel and balance, but this is a personal thing when you get to grip and weight.
Just purchased a smart square, have played about 30 holes with it, and I must say....wow....I love this putter. Alignment is automatic now, feel is perfect for me, and I have so much confidence on the 3-5 footers. The only thing I might do is extend it a couple of inches and put a superstroke on it, then again, I don't want to really change anything about this putter right now with the way I'm rolling it. I may buy another to do my experimenting with. lol

Thanks to my buddy mikeg_74, I have a SmartSquare on it's way for me to try out. I'm generally not a fan of mallet putters nor of inserts, but I loved the way the squares helped me lining up putts in the store, so I'm pretty excited to get some on course time with it.

Thanks to my buddy mikeg_74, I have a SmartSquare on it's way for me to try out. I'm generally not a fan of mallet putters nor of inserts, but I loved the way the squares helped me lining up putts in the store, so I'm pretty excited to get some on course time with it.

It's strength is in it's alignment. So very easy to align with this one. Interested to read how it works out for you.

It's strength is in it's alignment. So very easy to align with this one. Interested to read how it works out for you.
My biggest problem on the green right now is confidence; and standing over this one confident that I'm lined up correctly hopefully​ has me rolling in more putts.

Honestly, I don't worry much about having the face square and on target now. I focus more on the read and know (feel) that once I find my spot and address the ball...that i am lined up and all I have to do is roll it. They don't always go in of course, but having one less thing to worry about has really helped me.

Glad you like it. I vote for the superstroke!

Yea, eventually I'd like to put a superstroke on it and extend it to 38 inches but, I'm not changing a thing right now due to the initial success I have had with the stock set up. Super confident on the greens. I know if I miss the putt it was a misread and not my alignment, which is really cool.

Honestly, I don't worry much about having the face square and on target now. I focus more on the read and know (feel) that once I find my spot and address the ball...that i am lined up and all I have to do is roll it. They don't always go in of course, but having one less thing to worry about has really helped me.

This is one of the reasons I can't wait to game it. Ease of use

yeah, I always prefer milled to insert, but this thing is wearing my distaste for inserts down with every putt I make. Yesterday was another sub 30 putt round at 29 putts and no 3 putts. Highlight was a nice 20 foot bird.

I would grab up a milled face version if this faster than a heart beat though !

Update, on my third SS putter now. Had to try the standard model. 34" 360 head heal shaft.
I prefer this for lag putting now over CS. The counterbalance was too long. Like Goldilocks it was the third try that was just right.

Update, on my third SS putter now. Had to try the standard model. 34" 360 head heal shaft.
I prefer this for lag putting now over CS. The counterbalance was too long. Like Goldilocks it was the third try that was just right.

Options are a great thing !!

Getting used to the putter for sure--really like the heel shaft now that I have played it several rounds. This is still on the slate for the MC putter unless some offering shows up that I don't know about yet. The one putt that I make more with this putter that I have always struggled with is the 4-6 footers. Alignment is never in question I am thinking about a smooth roll only resulting in more of these going in.

Ward, I also haven't made more putts within that 6 foot range before I started gaming the SS. The alignment just makes things so much easier and it'll be in my MC bag barring any surprises...

#bestputterever

Nice man, I gotta say I think I have had better luck with the alignment on this putter than a SeeMore one. Im no perfect putter, but I know I need to get this guy in gear soon.
#bestputterever

I'll be putting this in play tonight in league as I am in between putters right now waiting for the tank cruiser to show up. I rolled it a bit on the carpet last night and it is a massively different putter then what I am used to. I'll have some more thoughts after the round tonight

I'll be putting this in play tonight in league as I am in between putters right now waiting for the tank cruiser to show up. I rolled it a bit on the carpet last night and it is a massively different putter then what I am used to. I'll have some more thoughts after the round tonight

Looking forward to hearing how the Smart Square treats you.

Any of you people use this in conjunction with the line on the ball? If so, tell me about it please.

Also, wouldn't mind a pic at address with the line on the ball showing if anybody gets a chance.

Any of you people use this in conjunction with the line on the ball? If so, tell me about it please.

Also, wouldn't mind a pic at address with the line on the ball showing if anybody gets a chance.
yes I do. I act like the ball is a third line going through the middle of the squares. gotta make sure it's parrell with the outside square lines. so easy to get lined up

Hmmm. Right on. I didn't really consider that until just recently. I may need to hit up the golf store and try that out.

sharpie a line and split the squares down the middle and then line that up with line on ball...boom

yes I do. I act like the ball is a third line going through the middle of the squares. gotta make sure it's parrell with the outside square lines. so easy to get lined up

This is exactly how I use it. Parallel to the outside lines, perpendicular to the front most line. All that is left to do is make a good stroke.

Hmmm. Right on. I didn't really consider that until just recently. I may need to hit up the golf store and try that out.
this was pushed hard by my instructor the other night. makes it so much easier to putt.
5ebe2uzy.jpg

This is exactly how I use it. Parallel to the outside lines, perpendicular to the front most line. All that is left to do is make a good stroke.
works awesome doesn't it

I'm weird. I prefer to putt logo up.

Back