Which ball is the best?

The "best ball" label is so subjective depending a particular golfers needs/wants, but I believe each manufacturer has a ball in their lineup that will fit the majority of players. Maybe this is what is meant when we hear or read "best ball of year x"

I think for most amateurs/weekend golfers the best ball ends up being the one that isn't costing a lot of money per dozen & is providing the characteristics that they like. I think the OEM's have picked up on this and that's why you see what I call the second tier (in terms of pricing not quality of product) offerings being made available.

No such thing as "best" when it comes to golf equipment. Otherwise most, if not all, PGA Tour players would use one ball/club/bag etc.

Best ball for me? Yes.
Best ball for you? Yes.
Best ball for everyone? No, there is not "a single best" ball for everyone.
The ball I do not like hitting is the ball that has gotten me my lowest 9 hole and lowest 18 hole score in 2014. What does that mean?

I used to think it was the Pro V1x and it certainly held it's place on my mantle for a long time, it's a great ball.

Now after playing the Bridgestone B330 for quite some time I truly believe that it is the best ball for my game, the shortgame control for me is incredible and I also think the sidespin is a tad bit lower which keeps me in play more often than not.

I don't think there's a best ball that fits everyone but I think if folks went through a ball fitting they would find which ball performs best for their on course needs.

Play what you play and like, no judgment here.

Like others have said, the "best" ball out there is the one that fits in individual's game/swing/talent/needs.

Dont think a ball can be classified as best for the whole market. Balls are personal choice/preference based on feel, cost, durability,etc. For me I have done several ball fittings with Bridgestone and have tried several other manufacturers. I play what gives me the best results for my game. I choose balls based on my Bridgestone fitting and find similar type balls for comparison. I have found some balls that i like better than what i was fitted for but that doesn't necessarily means its the best ball just the best ball for me at that time.

I refuse to answer this question based on the fact that if you dropped a Wilson Duo, Callaway Super Soft, Callaway SR3, Bridegstone Lady, Bridgestone e6, and a Bridgestone B330 on the floor--I can't tell the difference between any of them.

So best? The ones that cost $19/box when I'm hitting them into the woods every two holes.

The best ball is the one that does the most of what you want a ball to do (fly far & straight off the tee, stop fast on the greens, feel good off the putter) within the context of the strike you put on it. When I'm striking the ball well, I feel like whatever ball I'm hitting is the best there is. And I've said that about some pretty rough golf balls.

In my mind the best balls for me are the Prov1x and the B330...and I have no real solid evidence for that besides I like the way they feel and I know exactly what I'm going to see if I do my job which leads to confidence. All mental I know but that's what makes them best for me.

For the overall market there is no best. Maybe we will find something that can be considered most well rounded(price, feel, distance,spin, durability)but that doesn't make it the best either.

The one I am mentally most confident in.

B330 is like the warm, comfortable blanket I know I can wrap myself in when im feeling blue.

The best ball for me right now is Super Soft Callaway and I also like the Bridgestone e6.

The ProV1 is the best, duh. Do you even watch PGA golf?

Life was so simple 50 years ago - the choice was either a Titleist or Spalding Top Flite, 90 or 100 compression. As a caddie I played with whatever balls I found on the course.

I think there are so many ball manufacturers, so many options in covers, windings, centers, compressions,, etc... that the best ball for me is still out there waiting for me to find it, which I probably never will. For now the ProV1x fits the bill nicely.

Comment came up on an article and I thought it was interesting.

The commenter said that he'd tested every ball out there and that ball X would be the 'best' ball of 2015. Interestingly enough, the ball he'd chosen as 'best' in 2014 was about as different from this one as he could get without changing cover types.

Is there such thing as a 'best' ball?

If so, what's the criteria?

Best ball for all, or best ball for the individual? The latter, absolutely. Bridgestone B330 with a smile on my face, all day long.

Just no such thing as a best ball for the golfing community. Everyone will find something that works best for them sounds like a useless blanket statement to me.

Such a subjective thing. I truly believe no one ball works for everyone, but any one person may have multiple balls that would work well for them. Then there's always what statistically works best for someone isn't always the one they like best.

The best ball is which ever ball I am playing well with at the time

Pro V1x for me....I play with a lot of guys that just buy the cheapest they can get from walmart Sams etc .... I always give them a hard time by saying "you mean you will spend thousands on clubs and other gear, but you buy the cheapest balls you can find " ? they say a balls a ball

Pro V1x for me....I play with a lot of guys that just buy the cheapest they can get from walmart Sams etc .... I always give them a hard time by saying "you mean you will spend thousands on clubs and other gear, but you buy the cheapest balls you can find " ? they say a balls a ball
Although one is not likely to lose 2-3 clubs a round. Why throw away $4 every time a ball wants to swim or see a rare part of the course?

Wait, its not the Titleist Pro-V1?!?!?!?!?

I kid I kid....THP has opened my eyes to other offerings - really love the Bridgestone e6!!

Although one is not likely to lose 2-3 clubs a round. Why throw away $4 every time a ball wants to swim or see a rare part of the course?

The thought of losing $4 will make one concentrate on the shot at hand a little more !!!! Lol

So it's not the Pro V1, even though that lady from Titleist said it is?

Pretty certain that a ProV1 would know what your handicap is if it had a brain.

One ball for everyone!!! (Just ignore the Titleist Velocity, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty certain that a ProV1 would know what your handicap is if it had a brain.

One ball for everyone!!! (Just ignore the Titleist Velocity, etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite part of that commercial "the ball doesn't know how fast you swing" - that's one of the only things the ball actually does react to.

My favorite part of that commercial "the ball doesn't know how fast you swing" - that's one of the only things the ball actually does react to.

Im a BIG Titleist fan, full bag of Titleist clubs , ProV1x, Hat, FJ shoes...If they sold tees, I would prob have those too...But their ad has to make you wonder.... If the ProV is the right ball for everyone, then why do they have like 5 dif balls in their line up....Why not just have the ProV

The same disease happens in both hunting and target shooting...$1500-$2000 for a rifle and optics and they shoot steel cased Russian ammo. "I don't know why this M1A National Match is only shooting 4 inch groups, it has the Kreiger barrel?" Maybe its because your using 40 year old Turkish surplus that you store in your outdoor shed.
For hunting, why would you skimp on the only part of your setup that touches the animal? "I got these for $11 a box at Wal-Mart, that should do..." Sure it will, until you are tracking that wounded spike across half the county because you didn't realize the 180 grain loads you bought have a different POI than the 150's you zeroed with and they over penetrated and didn't perform properly.

Back