Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

is 3 a crowd? I know Alex and I briefly mentioned something in Oct.

You'll have to bring that O'Carroll guy...

Matt has the 8.0 you have the 1.0 correct?

1st and 2nd and 4th weekends are good for me.

You'll have to bring that O'Carroll guy...

Matt has the 8.0 you have the 1.0 correct?

1st and 2nd and 4th weekends are good for me.

Yup I have the 1.0 .he's a pushover. Oh and he rolls this putter well too.

Yup I have the 1.0 .he's a pushover. Oh and he rolls this putter well too.

Sounds like a plan, good Grandaddy prep for you and I sense a putting contest coming out of this...

I rolled this putter at the PGA SS over the weekend and honestly I wasn't really a fan of the feel - however I prefer insert putters as it is....

Now with regards to the alignment aid, definitely unique....I can see it being beneficial for sure.

is 3 a crowd? I know Alex and I briefly mentioned something in Oct.

I was actually going to shoot your PM to see if we could all get a round in. I'll check to see which weekends are good on my end.

On the course now with the 8.0. Getting this on its intended line well. Some speed issues but that's just me getting used to a new club. Will put together a write up when I get home.

I went back to my local Golfsmith looking for this putter. Sales guy said if they didn't have them by now they wouldn't be getting them in. Maybe Dicks will bring some in.

I struck out at my last option here in town, looks like I will have to order blind.

Well mine came in, but I'm out to sea for another 12 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

The 2135 was featured in a segment with Graeme McDowell on School of Golf. Pretty cool stuff.

Well mine came in, but I'm out to sea for another 12 days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Booo!! Be safe out there. The fun awaits your return!

Anyone else take the plunge on these yet? How are you boys that already have them been doing with 'em lately?

Booo!! Be safe out there. The fun awaits your return!

Anyone else take the plunge on these yet? How are you boys that already have them been doing with 'em lately?

Taking it out on its second voyage today. I still owe the thread my thoughts on the first round, so I'll combine the two.

I want one.

A #8.

I ordered the 1.0, 34" from Amazon via Edwin Watts Golf this morning. It should arrive next week with free shipping. It wasn't Prime eligible.

Looking forward to your thoughts Tim.

Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

Spent about 20 minutes with this putter yesterday on the putting green at the PGA superstore. Let me say that this putter is fantastic. I can see this gaining a lot of popularity. The feel of this putter and the insert is quite amazing to be honest. One of the better feeling inserts I have seen in sometime. Both blade style putters, standard and counterbalanced, were easy to align and put an extremely good roll on the ball and had a very confidence inspiring feel. If I was in the market for a new putter this would definitely be on top my list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Maaaaaan, you aren't helping me with my desire to spend time with this one buddy!

Seriously, the #8 still taunts me.

Maaaaaan, you aren't helping me with my desire to spend time with this one buddy!

Seriously, the #8 still taunts me.

If you want me to throw a wrench in that plan I'm not a fan of counterbalanced putters, I just couldn't get comfortable with the weighting and feel. but this #8 would probably the first counterbalance putter that I would consider putting in the bag. It's that good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up one of the 8.0 counter balance 38" last week and have played 27 holes so far with it. All I can say is "it has made a believer out of me". Ball comes off of the face true and smooth every time, tracks well. So far very impressed. For me it has played much more consistent than my 38" Ping or Seemore.

6.5 in the house...to the course tomorrow. Such a good feel indoors...let's see how she does on the real greens.

Picked up one of the 8.0 counter balance 38" last week and have played 27 holes so far with it. All I can say is "it has made a believer out of me". Ball comes off of the face true and smooth every time, tracks well. So far very impressed. For me it has played much more consistent than my 38" Ping or Seemore.

Very good to hear!

Spent time with the 1.0 and the 8.0 last weekend. First putt of the day was about a 20 footer, took the 8.0 and drained it.

These putter definitely help with alignment, my current gamer doesn't have any alignment indicators on it, so going to both of these was interesting having something to look down on at address, but you always know if you're aligned properly with your target through the ball.

I really liked the weight of the 8.0 it was very similar to my gamer and just overall felt great in my hands and through the stroke. It especially performed well on the long distance putts (lag putts)

The 1.0 is still a great flatstick with the all the same qualities of the 8.0. The only complaint for me is that with the lighter putter I did have some distance issues, but that typically is my issue with all lightweight putters.

I absolutely love the TFi face, I wasn't paying attention to sound but the feel when the ball comes off on solid putts is great, probably my favorite out there (my gamer is a copper milled face so some similarities there)

I do like the stock grips that Cleveland put on both the 1.0 and 8.0 the 8.0 is a little heftier (probably b/c it's a CB) but not too oversized or anything.

Now the looks, we were discussing it and it's a good looking putter, but the white around the head we could probably do without and just make it all black.

All in all two great putters for people who struggle with alignment - for me if the speed was right and my line was good it was going in the hole - I did have a couple of edge burners though. Definitely recommend this putter if you need help with alignment based on your stroke.

Price point is not bad at all either.

Oh and my gamer is Nead 8802 copper milled face

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All three of you guys rolled those putters really well Alex. Me not so much, but I just didn't roll anything well that day.

I agree on the white. It's not distracting or anything, but from what I can tell, it doesn't add anything from an alignment standpoint, and the putter would look cleaner and even more badass than it does now IMO.

Back