The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Unless you're building a serious rig its just not cost efficient. Even then it's questionable.

When I need a basic desktop for work purposes I a lot of times buy from the Dell Outlet. The dang machine with keyboard and mouse are cheaper than I can get a processor and motherboard for.

What use to irk me about building my own computers is I always ran into some dumb issue related to "plug and play" not working. Usually it was a card that worked fine in say slot 2 but for what reason does not work in slot 3 on that chip set if card Y is installed also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its too ****ing hot for February.

Its too ****ing hot for February.

Shut it! This is perfect Fen weather in St. Louis. If it was like this every February staying here would be fine. B

I'm into my computer less than $350 and there isn't a pre built that can touch it. At least when I built 18 months ago. Not a single issue and all parts come with either a 1 or 3 year warranty. Again, to each his own. The multiple pre built I've had, all had issues related to bloatware or cheap components.

****ing A, a couple of really good friends in this industry got laid off yesterday.
Just freaking tears me up, because they are talented.

****ing A, a couple of really good friends in this industry got laid off yesterday.
It is a shame that the most talented are not always the ones retained.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm into my computer less than $350 and there isn't a pre built that can touch it. At least when I built 18 months ago. Not a single issue and all parts come with either a 1 or 3 year warranty. Again, to each his own. The multiple pre built I've had, all had issues related to bloatware or cheap components.

Lol.....

Something stinks in my house and I can't figure out what it is.

I'm biting my lip to not make the obvious joke...

That's a bummer. Hopefully they can network themselves into good new opportunities.

It is a shame that the most talented are not always the ones retained.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's a bummer. Hopefully they can network themselves into good new opportunities.

You would like to hope so, but the golf industry is a small one relatively speaking and there are just not a lot of positions for this level. Its a real shame too, because these are really good people, but I have a feeling it will lead to good things for their families and that is the most important.

One thing that I loved about these guys, they were always a pleasure to work with. 100% honest. 100% committed. And 100% helpful. Its hard to find good people like that.

Strap broke on my aqua dry carry bag. Not good. Plastic piece on it broke in half, not sure Callaway will or would warranty it or not. Bummer.

What a mess ... mother-in-law was in the ER. Kidney stones. Wife had to run kiddo over to my mom's before she went to take care of her mother, as I was in the yard tending our burn pile and juggling that and a wandering kiddo would have made for a helluva day. Wife is on the way home now, but I really wish my MiL would take better care of herself. Really not ready to move her in with us ... I mean really NOT READY.

What a mess ... mother-in-law was in the ER. Kidney stones. Wife had to run kiddo over to my mom's before she went to take care of her mother, as I was in the yard tending our burn pile and juggling that and a wandering kiddo would have made for a helluva day. Wife is on the way home now, but I really wish my MiL would take better care of herself. Really not ready to move her in with us ... I mean really NOT READY.

Hopefully MIL is ok. After having mine with us for about a year every weekend it's a challenge, good luck with that

Hopefully MIL is ok. After having mine with us for about a year every weekend it's a challenge, good luck with that
Yeah, wife took her for dinner and then home. She passed her stone. She needs to stop drinking so much soda and sweet tea. There may be some other underlying issues, but won't know until the wife gets home. My MiL is great with Nick, he loves her ... and she's really a sweet lady, but the wife and I could kiss what is left of our privacy goodbye if she moved in with us full-time. We're trying to find a bigger house, with a MiL-suite if necessary ... we just need more time.

On way home today from golf.

ccd4c4a59d9d0965083d75019d6c2850.jpg

Thats a nasty flat dude, find what caused it?

Just recieved a call from the owner of my international branch and manufacture. Thought it was to congratulate us on a job well done for our booth. But instead I get read the riot act that I didn't place every single piece in the booth. The way he designed it. Ummm sorry I designed it and you put two tons of crap we aren't ready to bring to market. I refuse to display gear that may never see the light of day.

Oh hey I like that! How much is it? When I can I buy them? Ummm, I have no clue! Sorry for teasing you.

I give up, this industry is filled with people that have no clue what it takes to sell. What it takes to capture the attention of the masses. You can't launch something without a plan. How about we push what we have and what people want and need. If not, please come to the show so I can go home to my family!

No job security is not a lot of fun. Ugh just a bad week.

Yeah, wife took her for dinner and then home. She passed her stone. She needs to stop drinking so much soda and sweet tea. There may be some other underlying issues, but won't know until the wife gets home. My MiL is great with Nick, he loves her ... and she's really a sweet lady, but the wife and I could kiss what is left of our privacy goodbye if she moved in with us full-time. We're trying to find a bigger house, with a MiL-suite if necessary ... we just need more time.

Stones are miserable I've passed 22, mine are genetic, I've changed diets numerous times but to no change in me getting them.

Depending on meds she's on they could be the cause not just her diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back