What new driver have you hit the best?

Sir slice a lot

Reaction score
Thought it would be interesting to hear opinions since all of our swings are so different. I was at golfsmith earlier and hit every new driver they had and I had the most success with the titleist 915 with stiff shaft.

The 815 and the AeroBurner are pretty close, but neither are an improvement over my gamer (2014 Big Berfa) enough to justify much of a ponder.

The 815 Alpha and FLY-Z+ are the best for me so far this year. Looking forward to Golf fest in two weeks to try out everything else.

For me it's the G30. I've never had a better driver. Got fit for it and the forgiveness and distance I've gain is remarkable

I went in there expecting to buy a g30 after reading about it and to my surprise it was one of the worst for me. My driver is by far my worst club so I thought the forgiveness I've read about would have me purchase one asap. I was really surprised to see me perform so bad with it. I hit the titleist 915d and Nike vapor the best. I'm going to go hit again to see if I get similar results.

The G30, so far. I finally hit it today as far as I had been hitting my Bertha (LZ shaft is awesome), and I'm much straighter with it! I'm gonna go to the big demo day in Shreveport in March, so I'll definitely know after that which 205 driver is best for me.

Callaway 815. That thing required no talent...Trust me, I have tested every inch of that face.

I hit the 815 Alpha, 915D2, and Vapor Pro all pretty much the same. All 3 have similar results and performance with my high-heel miss as well and I could play any one of the three I wanted I think.

The Bridgestone j715 is looking like the best so far. Gonna do a top of the bag fitting so we shall see

G30 won out for me

It's way early and I've only hit a couple of the 2015 drivers. But, so far the Bridgestone J815 and J715 were both pretty awesome. Most probably won't try them, but, they will be making a mistake.

Not the Aeroburner. Couldn't keep that thing straight at all.

BBA 815 and Mizuno JPX 850. Distance there is no contest the 850 is longer for me, however forgiveness and accuracy at the moment hands down goes to the 815.

I've hit all.the recent offerings in the driver catagory. I can say that I hit the Cobra FlyZ+, 815 and new Titleist 915 the best. The Cobra isn't he best, then 815 and then the 915.

The new R15 didn't work well for me nor did the new Mizuno. The cleveland Black was ok but not a great fit. The new Bridgestone was nice but too low with stock setup. With some tinkering I could see that being a good option.

The cobra FlyZ was nice as well. All three from cobra worked well. Lastly the Srixon driver didn't get a great deal of love from me but the couple swings I took, felt nice.

815 Alpha for me, but haven't hit much of the newest offerings I must admit.

Srixon 545 for me. Didn't get along with the Alpha 815 or DBD all the times I've tried it, no idea why not. Ping g30 felt really good, as did the flyz+. Haven't hit the new TaylorMade or Titleist offerings yet. Bridgestone j715 felt good with the two swings I had with it.

Three of the newer releases stand out for me. G30 (current gamer), Fly-Z+, and the 915D3. So many good options for consumers.

G30 SF Tec. Can't afford it right now, though, that's for sure!

I actually enjoyed hitting the Aeroburner on two separate times, I was hitting it better than the 815 which was surprising to me. My last round outdoors was in late October though, so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt right now.

G30 for me, longest and easiest to hit.

G30 for me, both longer and straighter, to the point it is a serious ponder.

X2 hot.
Longest and straightest for me...

I have only the G30, but I was impressed with what I saw. I thought it was very forgiving.

G30 SF Tec. Can't afford it right now, though, that's for sure!

I actually enjoyed hitting the Aeroburner on two separate times, I was hitting it better than the 815 which was surprising to me. My last round outdoors was in late October though, so I'm taking everything with a grain of salt right now.

I think everyone should be mindful of that when swinging any club right now.

Back