The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing. Rankings are so ridiculously subjective. In the real world, there is no advantage to a Bama business degree over an Auburn one, or an Auburn engineering degree over a Bama one. All anyone can do is go to the school where they feel most comfortable.

I would say there is a slight advantage to going with the school with the higher ranking when getting your initial job, after that you are probably right.

Luckily I ended up with none of the above degrees...

Yes, the hatred of boring championship games based solely on the fact that someone managed to stack up an undefeated system. Notre Dame was last year's example.

The good news is that next year the playoffs will resolve this to some extent, and once they move to 8 teams or more in the playoff, the silly debate each year will really be over.

People seem to forget that the NC lost to Florida they were like #5 or 6 with two weeks left and EVERYONE in front of them lost. Sorry?

Of course they got slaughtered by Florida. They didn't deserve to be there but neither did the 5 people in front of them who lost.

People seem to forget that the NC lost to Florida they were like #5 or 6 with two weeks left and EVERYONE in front of them lost. Sorry?

Of course they got slaughtered by Florida. They didn't deserve to be there but neither did the 5 people in front of them who lost.

overrated state was ranked #1 in BCS the entire year when florida beat the brakes off em. it was florida that moved past people that lost ..i think i read your post as saying it that way maybe i took it wrong?

Last edited:
Haha.
Eyeroll
UF fan calling a team overrated this year is funny.
Jort U is awesome.

Haha.
Eyeroll
Jort U is awesome.

in what world does UF sucking this year have anything to do with calling another team overrated?

free shoes logic i suppose

Haha. More wonderfulness about something from over a decade ago.

I suppose not every school can get free denim, so the shoes will ha en to do.

Gotta call it the Swamp from all that Swamp as.

Eyeroll
#RollJorts

I obviously need to keep my MJ popcorn GIF handy. This is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. More wonderfulness about something from over a decade ago.

I suppose not every school can get free denim, so the shoes will ha en to do.

Gotta call it the Swamp from all that Swamp as.

Eyeroll
#RollJorts

JB's jort jokes are hip and up to date but a free shoes joke is old and tired

got it

I'll get the phonics version for the Gainesvillians in the crowd. Hard to count to 5 for them when brother/cousins are all nicknamed stumpy.

JB's jort jokes are hip and up to date but a free shoes joke is old and tired

got it

Do people in Gainesville not wear jorts anymore?

I guess JB is drunk after all.

Haha.
Eyeroll
Jort U is awesome.

In fairness, I understand that it does, in fact, take one to know one.

#RollPreseasonTop10

Pitt States falls 11 spots with their very unexpected loss on Saturday. MIAA down to three teams in the Top 20 (2, 14, 17).

RANKSCHOOLRECORDPOINTSPREVIOUS
1Minnesota State-Mankato (21)11-07871
2Northwest Missouri State (10)11-07772
3Colorado State-Pueblo (1)11-07373
4Henderson State11-06914
5Minnesota-Duluth10-16495
6Shepherd10-06387
7Ohio Dominican10-06158
8North Carolina-Pembroke9-153710
9Winston-Salem State9-15089
10Indianapolis10-149411
11Bloomsburg10-147612
12St. Cloud State10-145113
13Lenoir-Rhyne10-142614
14Emporia State9-139916
15West Chester10-134617
16North Alabama8-229820
17Pittsburg State9-22726
18Carson-Newman9-225321
19West Texas A&M9-219425
20Slippery Rock9-214318
21Saginaw Valley State9-213515
22Grand Valley State9-299NR
23Indiana (Pa.)9-294NR
24Virginia State9-17722
25Newberry9-259NR

The family of the victim in the case in Tallahassee where Jameis Winston is a suspect just realized a statement. The police in Tallahassee are going to have some serious questions to answer based on what the family is saying in here. This situation is going to get worse before it gets better, IMO.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2013/PDFs/winston.pdf

The family of the victim in the case in Tallahassee where Jameis Winston is a suspect just realized a statement. The police in Tallahassee are going to have some serious questions to answer based on what the family is saying in here. This situation is going to get worse before it gets better, IMO.

Putting aside the the actual incident, if the allegations in the statement are true, local police are in a world of trouble.

Really interesting. Supports my thoughts that college football is one of the worst parts of society at this point.

Just disgusting if true

Heads are going to roll and I bet the deliver punishment Swift and painful.

I honestly hope the partabout Winston to be false be seemed like a good kid. Sad.

I wondered when the story would take a turn like this.

Need more info. We were all ready to hang the Duke lacrosse team early on. Reserving judgement.

Need more info. We were all ready to hang the Duke lacrosse team early on. Reserving judgement.

I agree with this, but it seems that the police in this case handled the situation just as bad as the Durham police did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back