Pull Fade with Irons

wcs_michfan

Reaction score
Handicap
Developed a nasty pull fade lately with the irons and can't seem to figure it out. Ball starts left of target every time and then fades back. I usually play a draw. Obviously I figured im OTT. However, when I attempt to bring the club from the inside on the downswing (and I'm really trying to bury it in there), I either still see a pull/fade or a weak block. Sooooo frustrating. I know a video would be helpful, but was wondering if anyone had some advice without one first. My grip has the V's pointed to my right shoulder.

Thanks

I'm a draw player too with occasional pull/fade. I'm no expert to give any advice but what worked for me was to first check the grip (to make sure it's not too weak) and press forward a little at address.
Like I said, I'm not the one to help but it worked for me.

need to see a video. conceptually, path is closed to face, and both are closed to target. weak block is path square to face, both open to target. check ball position, and how close you are to the ball at address.

More than likely you are not using the shoulders to get the club to the top. It won't matter how much you pull the club inside, without the shoulders you will still come over the top. The weak push is you holding on and getting out in front fof the ball at impact.

Get the shoulders to start the back swing and get the left shoulder behind the ball. Start the down swing with the hips and keep the torso moving over the shot.

Thanks Freddie and everyone. Will work on a better shoulder turn. I really worked on dropping the club to the inside with the pump drill last night. I would do 5 pumps and then take the club to the top and then fire at the ball. Good results that way. But when I took a full swing, I'm still coming way OTT even with focusing on stabbing the butt of the club into my right pocket!!! Sooooo frustrating. I couldn't believe it (the video was grainy so I'm not posting it). My finish is also very upright with the hands ending up right next to my head. On my takeaway, my first thought is getting my sternum pointing behind me in a one piece move - I thouht my takeway is pretty good, but I'll give it another look. I've been fighting OTT for so long, it's about to kill me. Sometimes I can hit great shots for a week (I'm not sure how) - and even break 80 once in awhile, but it never lasts. One band aid after the next - sometimes they last 3 days, sometimes 3 weeks.

Back