Any former or current track and field athletes?

Any former or current track and field athletes?

I got to 22'2" in college with a 46'10" in triple jump.

46'10 is a monster triple jump! Good lord!

I ran the 100 yd in high school in 10.0 sec. But I concentrated on football which got me a scholarship. Fast but never in the faaaast class. But good for football.

I ran the 100 yd in high school in 10.0 sec. But I concentrated on football which got me a scholarship. Fast but never in the faaaast class. But good for football.

That was real fast for HS in my time.

Funny story about my 10 flat 100. Our school record was 10.0 at the time. My very good friend and I were always around 10.2-10.4. Well, I tied our school record in the 2nd heat. I was tied with the record for all of about 5 mins until my 'friend' ran a 9.8 in the next heat!!!! That is still our school record after almost 50 years!!!!! Yep, I'm an old, old hacker!!!!

If you can come to terms with not beating your hs/college times, you can still compete at a high level.
Yeah, I think that will kill me. I'll never be able to run a 31:13 10K after 20+ years of ceasing to train. I probably shouldn't have stopped running altogether, but after my running career ended in college, I was burned out and grad school was taking all of my time. Oh well ... it was a fun time in my life, but if I want to get (and stay) in shape I may jog but competitive racing is a thing of my past.

I was a huge XC and track and field distance runner in high school. I primarily ran the 3,200 meters in track but occasionally would run the 1,600 also. My personal best for the 3,200 was 10:01.....my goal throughout HS was to break 10 minutes but it always eluded me!!! I loved XC so much more than track though, nothing like being in the woods covered in mud on a fall day.

After graduating I stopped running, then around 20-21 I started running again, ran a marathon and a half marathon and stopped again. I'm now 26 and am trying to start back up again but I really wish I never stopped.......I gained about 50 pounds in the 5 years I stopped and can run nowhere near the level I used to. Hopefully I will lose some weight and keep at it, it's just frustrating always thinking how easy it was and how much a struggle it is now

I was a huge XC and track and field distance runner in high school. I primarily ran the 3,200 meters in track but occasionally would run the 1,600 also. My personal best for the 3,200 was 10:01.....my goal throughout HS was to break 10 minutes but it always eluded me!!! I loved XC so much more than track though, nothing like being in the woods covered in mud on a fall day.

After graduating I stopped running, then around 20-21 I started running again, ran a marathon and a half marathon and stopped again. I'm now 26 and am trying to start back up again but I really wish I never stopped.......I gained about 50 pounds in the 5 years I stopped and can run nowhere near the level I used to. Hopefully I will lose some weight and keep at it, it's just frustrating always thinking how easy it was and how much a struggle it is now
I tried training to compete again after a few years off and it felt like such an uphill battle. I couldn't imagine jumping in meets anymore without being able to walk for days haha.

I tried training to compete again after a few years off and it felt like such an uphill battle. I couldn't imagine jumping in meets anymore without being able to walk for days haha.

Oh man do I feel your pain. It is such an uphill battle....I just get so frustrated because in my mind I want to run like I used to haha. Ugh

Oh man do I feel your pain. It is such an uphill battle....I just get so frustrated because in my mind I want to run like I used to haha. Ugh
Now I concentrate on increasing my swing speed lol

Back