Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
does anybody else get swing tips from the Rotary Swing team? My dad just signed up for it, and I've been watching a few of the vids that they provide. quite useful.

Would just advise to be cautious. Some good ideas but they do sometimes contradict each other and it is a very complicated system to execute unless you put in the time

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Twenty some movements or drills for just ONE small part of the swing? Yeah, I have NO time to get that picky with my swing.

I did RST for three months religiously. I did the online lessons. The videos are good and helped me shorten my backswing however I have found overall it didn't do much for my full swing. Indoor lessons with a PGA pro (full swing) combined with the PGA tour academy home edition (for short game stuff) has helped me much more the last 6 months. The pro helped me focus on one or two things at a time instead of RST that had me full of swing thoughts. The best advice the guys will give you on here are to get lessons from a good PGA pro. I've managed to hit a range in Hawaii a couple of times in the last couple of months and have noticed massive improvements since my lessons started. Can't wait for the spring to start playing some rounds.
IMHO, you are better off not paying the membership dues of RST and get a pro to help you along the way. I've been golfing for 2 years and I wish I would have just done that in the beginning instead of trying to figure it out myself. RST seems like a bit of a money grab although it did provide some insight and education with regards to the golf swing.
Good luck.

I had a peek looking at one of the videos about keeping the club in front of you. It was pretty interesting to say the least. If it involves too many exercises like some have said, that might be a bit much for me. Let us know how this works for you if you decide to give it a go.

I like the "Rotary Swing" concept, however the Website feels like an Infomercial. Feels like a money grab.

Do they have a Clock counting down, yet?

Might wait until they offer free Tupperware bowls...

Last edited:
I like their stuff. They use muscle memory alot by breaking down the swing in small components, and teaching you how to walk, before run. This is one if not the best ways to learn if you are doing something wrong, or are a new learner. As proved in Daniel Coyle's "the talent code". For people who want a quick fix or are lazy and don't do the exercises as stated, this is not for you.

I happened to have watched a couple of videos recently. I liked the level of detail included but came way scratching my head over some of their conclusions. Is the sweet spot of a driver really the size of a pin head and is it defined as the club's balance point (shouldn't it be the entire space that produces identical numbers?)? Are all drivers exactly the same length because of the manufacturing limits (what about the effect of shafts?)? I realize this isn't swing related but it makes me wonder.

I do like that its not a shortcut method or even marketed as one. Tons of stuff ongoing and lots of new stuff all the time. I don't think any of it is revolutionary at all, just a breakdown step by step with Drills etc.

Back