1st Tee - What Do You Play?

3w off the tee. I did it in Chicago last year and I would do it again. I would rather find the center of the fairway then try and bomb on in the trees.

He means if he doesn't hit driver he is shying away from a miss hit. Basically have confidence in the driver and hit it. But in his Defence with his lack of length, it's really the only good play :D

Driver then PW, all day long.

385? Driver. Anything less than about 370, I'll pull a 3 or 4 iron and try to put in in the fairway.

Driver for me. Sounds similar to the opening hole at Blue Heron Pines last year at the AC Invitational. I hit Driver wedge there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver for me. Sounds similar to the opening hole at Blue Heron Pines last year at the AC Invitational. I hit Driver wedge there.

Driver Wedge is my favorite combo. When I play with my buddy he likes to raz me, we are close in skill so I always tell him, "I am going to drive wedge you to death today."

I guess it would depend on nerves....my first thought is 3W, but driver is possible depending on risk/reward

doesn't matter if it is the first hole or the 18, on a 385 yard par 4 I am going 3 wood. I want something in the 100 to 120 yard range.

Driver for me.
385 and not too tight if I cant make the shot than too bad on me.
However, tell me it was shorter and/or very tight, a sharp leg, has fairway bunkers and/or much troubles to consider then I have no problem laying up with another club and would probably do so.

Less than driver. Dpending on how things went on the range most likely my 3H

I would hit 5W or 7W hitting a driver would be suicide my nerves would be shot and i can hit my 5 and 7 fairly straight at will (fairly) lolll

Mashie 5 wood.

If I haven't had a chance to warm up, driver as there is more room to miss for me with that one and my first swing with a driver is usually a good one. If I am warmed up and loose, I will go with a 3 or 5 wood.

You step up to a THP Event, your on the 1st tee and its a 385 yard par 4. Its not too tight, but certainly penal if you miss as the hole has trees lining to the right and left. What club do you pull?

My 2-iron hybrid for the win.

You step up to a THP Event, your on the 1st tee and its a 385 yard par 4. Its not too tight, but certainly penal if you miss as the hole has trees lining to the right and left. What club do you pull?

At 385 yards, driver for sure.

Driver all day. I don't play enough to not enjoy myself on the course. And there's nothing I enjoy more than hitting my driver

I rip the big dog right down the middle and then high five the crowd! It's only trees and not so tight. Driver has the biggest sweet spot also. I played today hitting 3w off of most tees and it didn't help me any as I hit less fairways than normal.

Driver, and hope I make contact as I'm sure my nerves would have me shaking like never before.

4i all day. Worst thing that I do with a 4i lately is a little fat about 180, which means a 7i to chip up, bogey being the worst score.

Coming down 18 after a full round, driver all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver. It's almost always driver for me.

Driver. I just want to hit the damn ball and the driver's got the biggest face.

I'd have to hit driver.

385 is almost always going to be a Driver for me. If downhill and downwind might go to a 3W.

I'm pulling out the driver. I'm very aggressive off the tee so no reason to deviate from that because of the situation.

Depending on the range session before hand.

If I am hitting driver well, I step up, trust my swing, and try to settle my nerves enough to put the ball in play.

If I am not hitting driver well, I am probably grabbing my 3h, OR 4i.

Loving the new Avi CJ!

JM

Back