Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogan is the same way with our Hardwood floors. Even with his nails cut back he slips and slides. He even slides back as he's sitting.

Same here. We have to make sure to keep their nails short, the minute they start to get too long they struggle to walk 2 feet on the floors without a leg slipping out from under them.

Ellie HATES the laminate floors. She slips and slides all over the place, so does Arrow and so did Duke. However, when we went to my in-laws whose entire house is travertine tile, Ellie developed a limp after just a few days because it was too hard on her arthritic senior legs. So the laminate floors are great for her joints, but she is constantly losing her footing.

My dogs don't seem to slide around a lot in the rooms we already have done, but they are all rather large (65 lbs is the smallest) and don't fly through the house.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Hogan is the same way with our Hardwood floors. Even with his nails cut back he slips and slides. He even slides back as he's sitting.
Our hardwood is pretty scratched up from our guy. How is yours holding up?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Impressed you're DIY. I did it myself once but it was such a pain once we got around the door frames and hallways. I think we'll have someone install it next time

I actually find it pretty easy, but I also used to build custom cabinets as a hobby, which requires super precise cuts. The worst part is taking the old carpet tack strips out.

Our hardwood is pretty scratched up from our guy. How is yours holding up?

Yeah they're pretty scratched up. It's all part of being a dog owner. I'm planning on tearing it all out soon. And going back with a more decorative wood look.

Yeah they're pretty scratched up. It's all part of being a dog owner. I'm planning on tearing it all out soon. And going back with a more decorative wood look.
Yeah, original hardwood that was put in when they built the house, and not the highest quality. That's why we're considering the laminate since its a little more durable and some is actually as nice if not nicer looking.

Yeah, original hardwood that was put in when they built the house, and not the highest quality. That's why we're considering the laminate since its a little more durable and some is actually as nice if not nicer looking.

Laminate is just that laminate. It's not anything I would ever put in my house. I'm not a fan of how it feels or sounds when I walk on it. It's cheaper to install and maintain though. If it works for people then that's great.

Laminate is just that laminate. It's not anything I would ever put in my house. I'm not a fan of how it feels or sounds when I walk on it. It's cheaper to install and maintain though. If it works for people then that's great.

We did the laminate with a cork bottom to make it softer on the joints to walk on and that part really works. We also did it so it was safer in the wet areas, it can get wet without fear of warping.

However, if we could do it all over again we would go with tile, but that's just a personal preference for us.

We did the laminate with a cork bottom to make it softer on the joints to walk on and that part really works. We also did it so it was safer in the wet areas, it can get wet without fear of warping.

However, if we could do it all over again we would go with tile, but that's just a personal preference for us.

There are many great options out there to soften and quiet. They've come along way from the original plastic sound. But this is all for another thread.

And on that note my wonderful dog just snagged a half a pound of bacon off the counter as a little snack! Hahaha. Well I guess the kids should of gotten up earlier. Hogan certainly enjoyed the feast. Just not the wrath from Lee hahaha

I actually find it pretty easy, but I also used to build custom cabinets as a hobby, which requires super precise cuts. The worst part is taking the old carpet tack strips out.

I'll let you know when we do hardwood/laminate. My measure once cut three times method is no good. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'll let you know when we do hardwood/laminate. My measure once cut three times method is no good. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think I used that same method :)

uploadfromtaptalk1446550260231.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446550277805.jpg

Dogs in the backyard

My sister took Buddy to see my dad at work today at lunch.

"I ain't scared aunt Meg!"

28fd47841cfcc85b9a907791ea39d96c.jpg

"OMG…that tire was HUGE!"

046566dff03c2c9e4f442226ad8fdf1d.jpg

Ok so I need help here .

We have two cats that have been best friends for about 5 years. Today at work my wife calls me in panic saying the cats are in a full out brawl. Like fur flying blood dripping and poop everywhere.( gross)

These cats have slept with each other for years and now they can't be in the same room without going at it full on.

I've been around cats my entire life from barn cats to house cats and have never seen anything like this .

Does anyone have a clue wtf could be going on? These cats don't go outside so rabies is not an issue and they act fine to the wife and I. Neither have been to the vet recently and no strange people have been in the house .

I'm lost here .

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually having the same issue with my two cats. A couple weeks ago a neighbor cat came to the back door, our cats saw it, got so worked up and turned on each other. We separated them for a few hours in rooms, and they were back to normal.

Then last Thursday, they start again after seeing the cat. We separate them.. and long story short, last night was the first time they saw each other without immediately going at it. It's frustrating. Still have to keep them separated. Trying to be patient and hope it works out. I was recommended Feliway, so I ordered that and should be here tomorrow.

One is 5 years old, the other is a little over 2.. and they had been best buddies since the little guy was 7 weeks. Very frustrating/upsetting to say the least.

I'm actually having the same issue with my two cats. A couple weeks ago a neighbor cat came to the back door, our cats saw it, got so worked up and turned on each other. We separated them for a few hours in rooms, and they were back to normal.

Then last Thursday, they start again after seeing the cat. We separate them.. and long story short, last night was the first time they saw each other without immediately going at it. It's frustrating. Still have to keep them separated. Trying to be patient and hope it works out. I was recommended Feliway, so I ordered that and should be here tomorrow.

One is 5 years old, the other is a little over 2.. and they had been best buddies since the little guy was 7 weeks. Very frustrating/upsetting to say the least.

I wish you the best of luck . We tried feliway and Xanax .

After neither working and consulting with our vet we decided to rehome the younger cat after we realized it would probably take months of separation.

With moving soon and a small house right low that just wasn't possible. I feel sick to my stomach as this is the first night without her.

After neither working and consulting with our vet we decided to rehome the younger cat after we realized it would probably take months of separation.

With moving soon and a small house right low that just wasn't possible. I feel sick to my stomach as this is the first night without her.

Sucks bro, sorry it didn't work out.

Sucks bro, sorry it didn't work out.

It's just crazy to me how cats can change behavior on a dime .

He says it's usually peeing problems or something less like that but this redirected aggression is not unheard of just very rare .

So sorry you had to do that.

Mine are no longer attacking each other, but there is hissing after a few minutes so we're taking it slow. It sucks, but it's a lot better than it was over the weekend.

Arrow is thinking "man I hope I'm not next"

Arrow is giving Ellie moral support haha.

d9bc327e6d73888345cac03452670a2d.jpg

When bathing our boy Boston, I have to straddle him and hold him with my legs. He doesn't hate the tub but hates just sitting there. He wants to jump in and out like a pool. My legs, back and everything else hurts for days. My wife and I switch off who holds him each time. Looks like Ellie enjoys bath time

Arrow is thinking "man I hope I'm not next"

That's EXACTLY what he was thinking, because he was sitting there shaking. Fortunately for him, he didn't need a bath this time. He had one last week.

When bathing our boy Boston, I have to straddle him and hold him with my legs. He doesn't hate the tub but hates just sitting there. He wants to jump in and out like a pool. My legs, back and everything else hurts for days. My wife and I switch off who holds him each time. Looks like Ellie enjoys bath time

Enjoy is a bold word haha. She tolerates it, and then runs around like a crazy dog rolling all over the carpet when she finally gets out.

Picture of the best jets fan around!
#baileyboo #poodle
525bb91ebd3d0bb394d53f05f5cfd5b8.jpg

We also just put a deposit down on a chocolate medium labradoodle which we get in the spring!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1446662453198.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1446662453198.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
My wife's pitbull absolutely loves baths. It's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. If my wife is running bath water for herself, she has to make sure the door is closed or the dog will go ahead of her and jump in the tub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back