What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

Probably Nike or Callaway. I feel like everything they come out with is so gimmicky and is more marketing hype than it is actual substance.

Mizuno, I'm reluctant to use any of their equipment. Not for me.

Ping, for no good reason that I can think of other than looks, just never caught my eye.

As the saying goes, don't knock it till you try it. I've tried many brands of clubs and there is one that I just can't get myself to try...Ping. Don't know if it's because their logo reminds me of a certain organ of the male's anatomy.

QFU5oo7.jpg

Nike. I have a hard time trusting a company that reaches its tentacles into as many different markets as possible

Tour Edge. Whenever I think of Tour Edge I think of that weird wavy sole on their fairways and hybrids that looks extremely gimmicky, and it's a huge turn-off.

What Club Brand are You Most Reluctant to Use or Try?

Tour Edge for me also, had a hybrid that I never got along with. I know they make solid equipment, but with all the other choices out there there is no need.

Nike irons. I had a Nike SQ driver at one time, but I just could never try their irons. I still can't bring myself to hit one, and the new colors don't help. They are probably great clubs but their colors look like Walmart.

I wouldn't hit a white driver, but I don't have a problem with Taylormade irons. I bought a Mizuno Hi-Fli and it never worked for me. Nothing wrong with the club, but when you spend money and it doesn't work, it leaves a bad taste so I haven't tried their irons, but I might one day.

John

Never had that problem of not wanting to try everything... But since Srixon came out with the x45 series of irons I haven't been able to switch my dexterity to play them..
Sucks to play from the left in this regard..

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

Mizuno. I can't stand their hokey marketing campaign about grain forged. Just can't get on board with them.

Never going to be a Nike fan. I have hit some their clubs and have yet to like any of them. That may change but I don't go out of my way to try them like I do other brands.

I would say Adams. I've never even considered looking at there clubs for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping. For the longest time I had associated the brand with making the best irons though I never having owned them. After trying the G30 drivers though I don't have any interest in any Ping gear.

Not really.

I do like to root for the underdog though, so I tend to favor the WS & TEE type brands.

Taylor Made and Nike, never have hit one that felt good

Nike or snake eyes. Neither look or feel good to me.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Other than a Nike putter I bought, and disliked, eight or ten years ago I've never been drawn to their equipment.

Titleist for me. Just something about the brand.

I don't thing there's any brand I'm reluctant to try.

I don't thing there's any brand I'm reluctant to try.
Do not hit the new Vapor Fly Pro driver. You do not need another driver.

I'll try all brands, but I haven't found much success with TaylorMade products.

Titleist. I have had three sets of AP2's and a 913 and 915 series driver. Sold all of them within 3 months.

Will try about anything don't have much luck with Ping or Callaway. Great brands but I never hit them well.

I have no brand bias. In my 3 sets all major brands are represented. I haven't tried Tour Stage or Bridgestone or the exotic Japanese brands, but it doesn't mean I don't like them.

I'm particular with looks though. I never liked clubs with a lot of offset and I never liked the look of Ping irons, but their FW's are my favorites.

Back