New England Members

Played Segreganset yesterday, took a chunk out my ass. Shot a 103. Beautiful track. Playing Waverley tomorrow morning.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Finally got out to use my Groupon at PineHills today. Played the Nicklaus course. It was in really good shape. The greens had been slit recently but repaird well and no impact on putts. I hadn't played there in a few years, I'll be taking advantage of next year's Groupon offerings if available.

Finally got out to use my Groupon at PineHills today. Played the Nicklaus course. It was in really good shape. The greens had been slit recently but repaird well and no impact on putts. I hadn't played there in a few years, I'll be taking advantage of next year's Groupon offerings if available.

But did you have any great drives? :alien:

@mpeterson

Red Tail Sunday 12:54pm and anyone else who is interested

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wish I could.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 36 at Waverly today. Course in amazing shape this late in the year.

Playing Nicklaus course at Pinehills next Thursday.

scheduled for jones on monday but I am figuring probably not, getting the ark ready now

scheduled for jones on monday but I am figuring probably not, getting the ark ready now

we teed off a at 8:46 to fair weather, light golfer traffic, and great course conditions. i had concern that the challenge of that course would be more than I could handle. On the course I found it to be very manageable. We played from the blues, a single that golfed with my partner and i hit from the blacks. the windy conditions had us hitting at least a club up, trying to keep the flight low, and aiming according to the breeze. on paper, i had myself teeing off with 3 wood, 3 or 4 hybo on quite a few holes. because of the breeze, a low penetrating driver shot is what i actually ended up trying most of the time. I probably only had like 33% fairways today. The tee boxes were groomed and clean. The fairways felt like a short pile carpet with padding. As a digger, that softness combined with a less than great swing, had me taking up some beaver pelt size pieces of sod. I had many gir today, that was the highlight of my day. the greens were fair and fast enough. and because i can't putt to save my life, had me putt some nearly 40 times! Ended the round shooting a pretty disappointing 93, losing 3 balls. if I had the time i would have loved to play another round. I cant wait to go back.

9:24 tee time for Nicklaus tomorrow. Weather looks nice. Can't wait.

9:24 tee time for Nicklaus tomorrow. Weather looks nice. Can't wait.

Played there Sunday; course was in great shape outside of a few craters on the greens left by turds pretending to be golfers. Enjoy

Played there Sunday; course was in great shape outside of a few craters on the greens left by turds pretending to be golfers. Enjoy
I played Jones last month and that was my only gripe..ignorant hacks.

I'll never understand it. It takes 15-30 seconds to repair. Especially at nicer daily fee public courses; everyone likes to enjoy those rounds. I can tolerate it at Ponkapoag or someplace like that.

Anyone know when the aeration is for Pinehills?

Anyone know when the aeration is for Pinehills?

Jones starts 10/20, Nicklaus 10/26 per the email blast they just sent out.

i played there monday and took a few rolls of fairway up, repaired each one too. hack has nothing to do with it, ignorance, laziness, and entitlement have everything to do with it. there were very few unrepaired cuts that i noticed. i was more bothered by the trash left on the course and the woods. once again ignorance, laziness, and entitlement

Just got home from playing Nicklaus. Driver was not cooperating for most of front 9. I was able to reel it in just before the turn. Shot a 48/43-91. Lot's of sunshine with a decent breeze that always seemed into us. Highlight of the day was driving the 280 yard par 4 14th which quickly turned into a low light when I wound up 3 putting for par. We played from the whites (6129) my Dad is 70 and is a short knocker.

Played Nicklaus today at Pine Hills as well, for $65 has to be one of the best deals around this time of the year. Course was in great shape.

Just got home from playing Nicklaus. Driver was not cooperating for most of front 9. I was able to reel it in just before the turn. Shot a 48/43-91. Lot's of sunshine with a decent breeze that always seemed into us. Highlight of the day was driving the 280 yard par 4 14th which quickly turned into a low light when I wound up 3 putting for par. We played from the whites (6129) my Dad is 70 and is a short knocker.

That's a bold tee shot on 14! I've been tempted to try to hit driver on that hole, but the target up by the green just seems so small to me, it doesn't seem worth it. Of course, I usually screw up that tee shot anyways by hooking it left or putting it into the bunkers on the right, it just doesn't fit my eye at all.

mpeterson and I are going to play Blackstone National on Thursday, October 15. I'm not going to book the tee time for a couple of days, so if anyone wants to join us, let me know. We're going to tee off around somewhere between 9 AM and 10 AM.

I'm off every other Thursday or I'd tee it up with you guys. I got lucky, it's a very small target. Hit a nice fade to the right side of green. Pin was back left.

The punched the fairways on the back 9 at Montaup today, they're still in great shape though!

If I recall, the carts do not have sand bottles on them

If I recall, the carts do not have sand bottles on them

Having a bottle really seems like a no brainer to me but not many courses have carts like that. I don't understand that. I usually walk with a bottle in my push cart if the club has them. the feeling of guilt creeps in when i take a piece of fairway out, not enough to pick up and replace but enough to leave a mark, and i have no filler. then i remind myself, if they don't care enough to have a bottle available, why should i care!

Back