2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I have an insatiable sweet tooth, and I found almond butter with an apple to be a great dessert alternative. I made some sugar free pudding last night with unsweetened vanilla almond milk, so if it set up (I am a little nervous it won't set up with the almond milk) than that will be a great dessert alternative. I will give it a try tonight to find out.

If you are okay with a small amount of fat per serving, Cool Whip has very little sugar in it and a small serving can make something taste/seem like a dessert. I posted them before, but I use the Dole Dippers frozen strawberries with a little cool whip. Maybe 1 or 2 times a week as a treat.

labelL220751.gif

It feels good when people recognize the weight loss... Really really good

Amen brother, I have people not recognize me until I speak to them....never gets old!!!

I've lost weight. The most I've lost since having children. And I can notice when I put on clothes .... but it's not coming off where I want it to come off. Feeling frustrated that I'll always be "big"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've lost weight. The most I've lost since having children. And I can notice when I put on clothes .... but it's not coming off where I want it to come off. Feeling frustrated that I'll always be "big"

As cliche or frustrating as it is, slow and steady wins the race in weight loss. For most people it takes years to become overweight so it takes time to work it off.

I also find that, at least for me, I can burn 5-10 off fast and easy at first, but then weight loss slows down. I started eating better almost 7 weeks ago. After the first two weeks I dropped from 255-257 down to around 245-247. Then I floated around that weight for over two weeks. This week I've been hovering around 243 all week. I need to be under 220 and fully expect it to be sometime between August and December before I can get there, assuming I do my part.

Just another check in I am down another pound for a total of 20 keep up the good work people

I hit 195.9 today. Havent been tracking well at all either, but I'm walking about 10 miles a day so that's definitely helping.

I hit 195.9 today. Havent been tracking well at all either, but I'm walking about 10 miles a day so that's definitely helping.

i'm sure you've said it before and i missed it, but what's your goal weight? are you still testing that golf workout dvd series? i wonder if muscle gains would work against your weight goals. i don't really understand how all that works, though.

i was 166 this morning. getting close to 30 pounds down from the end of fall last year. in may i plan on starting some self-directed p90x workouts, so weight may go up but i'm fine with that if waistline goes down and muscle tone comes back.

i'm sure you've said it before and i missed it, but what's your goal weight? are you still testing that golf workout dvd series? i wonder if muscle gains would work against your weight goals. i don't really understand how all that works, though.

i was 166 this morning. getting close to 30 pounds down from the end of fall last year. in may i plan on starting some self-directed p90x workouts, so weight may go up but i'm fine with that if waistline goes down and muscle tone comes back.
Goal is 180s, 185 ideally in my head but I'm in no rush to get there as long as I'm making some progress and stay sub 200.

Muscle helps burn fat, yes, it weighs more, but its a valuable part of weight loss once you hit a certain point.

Im beginning my second go round actually, I've missed on updates with coaching, multiple family losses, and a chaotic life schedule in general, but ive been pretty diligent about it and the review should hopefully be ready to go up by the end of this week.

well done dude

Numbers on the scale are slowly dropping. Down close to 4 lbs over the last 3 weeks. Can see changes in the body composition as well.

Sitting at 32 lbs down in almost 11 weeks hoping for 1 more before tomorrows weigh in

Lost another 2 lbs this week

Been holding at 223 for last couple of weeks. It is now between 2 to 3 pounds a month weight loss. Am very happy, total loss is now at 177 pounds since March 5 2014....almost time for skinny jeans.....lol

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm down 8 pounds in two weeks, so that's good! However, I did have two pieces of pizza at lunch...no good. However, that's my first bad meal of the week and I hadn't had any carbs at all today thus far soooooo, maybe not such a bad thing? Baby steps!

I'm down 8 pounds in two weeks, so that's good! However, I did have two pieces of pizza at lunch...no good. However, that's my first bad meal of the week and I hadn't had any carbs at all today thus far soooooo, maybe not such a bad thing? Baby steps!
I know all about baby steps still doing well but I am at the 1 lb a week loss now but I will keep going keep up the good work

I can tell I am getting stronger because so far all of this week I have increased my weights on everything we have done in the weight room, and while it's a challenge, it's a doable challenge.

The rower has been my nemesis all week, and inclines on the treadmill can still suck it!

Yeah the 8% at 6.5 mph about made me black out. I hate switch workouts. But I am done and I feel great
I can tell I am getting stronger because so far all of this week I have increased my weights on everything we have done in the weight room, and while it's a challenge, it's a doable challenge.

The rower has been my nemesis all week, and inclines on the treadmill can still suck it!

Yeah the 8% at 6.5 mph about made me black out. I hate switch workouts. But I am done and I feel great

I normally love the switch workouts, but it's difficult to log the miles I need for the month long marathon. Is your OT doing that too, I forget if I asked you that already.

When we get to an 8% incline, I switch from a jogger to a walker, my little legs don't run at an 8% incline. The most I can run is 5% maybe 6% if it's a Monday and I am fresh off a weekend rest.

Ah, a couple pizza slices isn't going to kill you or your diet. Just don't have it every day. Just make good choices most the time and you'll be fine. Congratz on the 8 and more will come.

I was sitting on the couch trying to convince myself why skipping my workout tonight wasn't a big deal. Then I looked at my trainer shoes not far away and told myself, not today. I'm not going to let myself say no. It's only a half hour of cardio, you'll feel good that you did it when you're done. Get off your ass and do it.
Soooooo, I'll be right back after I finish my workout.

I'm sweating my butt off, but I've caught my breath. I'm glad I got up and didn't let myself say no.

We're doing a quinoa salad for lunch tomorrow, should be delicious
Ive enjoyed all the stuff Lee has made with it.

Heading to my 1st ever 5k....and its in the snow.
Also now another few lbs this week putting me 15 away from the goal

Back