Callaway XR16 Sub Zero Driver Preview

The 2013 and 2014 version of myself would buy this and force myself to like it, regardless of what reality says.

The 2013 and 2014 version of myself would buy this and force myself to like it, regardless of what reality says.

I resemble that!

Can't wait to try this driver out!

Great looking stick and love the tech in the crown. But unfortunately it's not for me. Still looks and sounds amazing.

Not sure this is for me, but need to try it, SS at around 110 on a trackman last I tried. I really like the compact head shape.

I'm pretty sure this driver is above my capabilities. But I like seeing the crown in a gloss finish.

I'm pretty sure this driver is above my capabilities. But I like seeing the crown in a gloss finish.
You could rock this thing easily.

Love seeing the gloss finish back in the lineup, but this driver isn't designed with me in mind. If they made a 13-16* head with this sub zero design Id actually be super intrigued.

Very beautiful driver! I'm not an "exceptional" player though. Would like to watch a few THPers swing this thing!

Man, Im super stoked to try this one out. Like most others, Im not sure I need that much spin reduction, but Im still really interested in seeing the numbers with it. Last time I was fit, I was seeing avg 2.5k spin with an SLDR. Club Clash is gonna be some silly good fun.

I bet I can hit some knuckle ball duck hooks and not much more with this sweet baby. Still gonna buy it though.

I was averaging 3400 RPMs with the Big Bertha with the sliding back weight and 2700 with the Big Bertha 815 DBD. Not sure what I'm getting with the 816 DBD.

My game is definitely not in the target group for this but it does sound cool.

Honestly I'm not sure you'd need it. You've got great spin control on the big dog don't you?

Honestly I'm not sure you'd need it. You've got great spin control on the big dog don't you?

that he does. And now it's GBB w/hzrdus black and it's a deadly combo

I won't be hitting this one - dang lefty discrimination!

It certainly got better with the recent shaft swap. But I don't have any hard data to support that.

This is probably be my next driver!

Definitely want to take this thing for a test drive!

Looking forward to hitting this terribly at Club Clash!

I'm predicting 5 degrees of launch and negative spin for me at club clash.

LOL....that would be funny and awesome at the same time. Take pics of the numbers when you do!

Too bad you won't be hitting in in Texas. Take advantage of that Texas roll...

Too bad you won't be hitting in in Texas. Take advantage of that Texas roll...

Combined with Texas wind the ball would still be rolling even by the time you finished reading this whole thread! We have it so good.

I am not the target audience but I want to hit this because I can. My SS isn't high enough and swing changes are fixing the spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This club looks stunning. I know it's above my pay grade, but I would love to swing it.

Back