Sweet...I need to start doing this with my clubs.

I have a few ferrules coming out. Do I have to pull shafts to fix them. I've never attempted this and don't know. I've only ever regripped.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Bullfrog,

On the ones that are coming out, try running some hot water over them. You may even have to boil some. Pour it over the ferrule slowly. Tis should softer it up to the point that you can take a towel in your hand and pull / twist that ferrule back down where you want it I would think.

Gve it a shot and I hope that helps.

JM

White/blue or blue/white? Leave as this or reverse....?

Jury's out.....

altfills.jpg

Jury's out.....

Personally I would leave it as you have done it, reversing it would be too much of the blue for me and I think if you did it all white it might be too much as well

I prefer a minimalist look without too many different colours, so I may be slightly biased towards the white (which is what I did with mine)

Just had another look, and if you could find a gold colour to match the 'Altitude' fill then you could do the numbers and Cleveland with that and leave the 588 in blue?

Jury's out.....

altfills.jpg

I say fill in where it says Altitude in blue and call it a day! Looks awesome bud.

Some ideas there. thanks guys.

This is the target scheme as officially pondering this bag now I'm a fanboy...!

navy.png

So there is a gold accent there...

Got some time off coming up, if the weather is bad, might try a few different and come back for more opinions.

If that bag is the inspiration for the colour scheme, then I would leave them as they are in your pic as they have the mixture of blue, white and the hint of gold, unless you change the numbers from white to blue

I stand by my original suggestion of leaving as they are though

I'm thinking about putting some purple, green, or blue on my DPC's, and either replace some black with orange, or replace some orange with black on the R1..

Just did a quick one on the wedge I got from Deano today. I really really gotta stop being lazy and do the rest of my SeeMores!
3ytanyju.jpg

I'm thinking about putting some purple, green, or blue on my DPC's, and either replace some black with orange, or replace some orange with black on the R1..

I'm feelin purple.

jemaqa5e.jpg
zymujeny.jpg
paint filled the Newport 2. I have a white and black superstroke ultra slim 1.0 which is 65 grams. And a 75 gram tour lock pro weight in the grip end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

once my Razr Fit gets here (should be tomorrow) I think I'm gonna try re-painting the sole and possibly the shaft. the sole has been badly repainted purple... I think i'll make the entire thing blacked out. that'd be cool.

Looking good JJJ :act-up:

Looks good! Very clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How were you able to get the white on the face without getting any on the mill face? Special brush or technique? I ask because on one of my wedges the bottom groove is white and some of the white came off when i was cleaning it, and its kind of bothering me.

I have been keeping an eye on this thread for some time and trying to pluck up the courage to have a go at it. Well today I finally bit the bullet and this is the result of my first attempt.

I'm using my GW as a test mule and have to say I like the result. The color is metallic blue and looks awesome in the sun. The photo makes the fill look uneven and as if it hasn't made it to all corners but in the flesh the finish is perfect.

Cobra's are looking sharp buddy!!

Very shop job Joey. The color really pops on them.

The blue looks awesome. Very clean, love it.

Ok, so I managed to get the GW done and the job was good but not great. I ended up removing it and have been experimenting with different techniques and tools but I'm struggling. I have no trouble filling in the small letters, but the big COBRA block letters are proving difficult. The area holding the paint is so big that when I go to wipe the excess I end up wiping the whole lot off. I tried a paper towel wrapped around a little block of wood and then encountered another problem. When I went to wipe the excess off, the acetone made the paint bubble and the nice smooth/glossy finish became nasty looking. I ended up stripping the whole lot and started from scratch using a different technique to apply the paint. I have bought a few syringes and hypodermic needles and filled them with that and what do you know, I stayed within the lines and no paint to wipe up and clean. Result.
I don't know if I have the right paint though, I'm using Humbrol brand and one of my wedges I did a couple days ago looks great but the paint isn't dry? What the hell!
I'm starting to go in circles now and getting more and more angry. I'm a perfectionist and won't settle for an average result. I'll keep experimenting and see how I get on but if anyone has some suggestions please feel free to help.

That first attempt looked great. I have pondered needle applicators myself.

The first one looked good but I don't know what happened after that? Every time I went to wipe the excess paint off, the acetone made the paint bubble and look horrible. I've left the paint drying for a little over 15 hours and will check it in a few hours and see how it's doing. There was no paint outside the lines so nothing to wipe off. I've chatted with another member who tells me he had troubles with the colour I'm using so if it doesn't work out I'll change to a different colour and maybe even brand of paint.

Testors paint pens have always been the best for me. I let it sit until completely dry then gently take the excess off.

Back