Lol you gotta scroll to where you want to look, but there is one on 82 in Tifton.

yeah I was just looking at all the options and Arkansas has -0- made me chuckle

yeah I was just looking at all the options and Arkansas has -0- made me chuckle
Pretty sure electricity has only made it to the northeast corner of Arkansas.

One of the things I find pretty funny is the big push to preorder. If they are able to produce as many as they say, pre-ordering should not be all that necessary.

It's part of their business model. All Telsa cars ever sold have been preordered. The have a demo model(s) on display at their showrooms but zero inventory to sell. We had to wait 12 weeks for ours after putting down a deposit, which is typical for a Model S. 200,000 ordered is damn impressive for just a few days, even if 50% cancel their orders. It will be interesting to see how many Model 3's they will be selling a year in 2019 or 2020. 100K maybe?? Through the first 3 months of 2016 BMW has sold a total of 23,325 3 and 4 series in N. American. Soon the Tesla Model 3 may be almost as common on American roads as the best selling cars from BMW.

It's part of their business model. All Telsa cars ever sold have been preordered. The have a demo model(s) on display at their showrooms but zero inventory to sell. We had to wait 12 weeks for ours after putting down a deposit, which is typical for a Model S. 200,000 ordered is damn impressive for just a few days, even if 50% cancel their orders. It will be interesting to see how many Model 3's they will be selling a year in 2019 or 2020. 100K maybe?? Through the first 3 months of 2016 BMW has sold a total of 23,325 3 and 4 series in N. American. Soon the Tesla Model 3 may be almost as common on American roads as the best selling cars from BMW.
Pre order and order are two very different things. Yes they do pre orders but going in and putting a deposit down today for a model s is ordering. It is then built and delivered. Especially a pre order with no set price on the car/delivery date. It would not shock me to see 75% canceled in the end. It is easy to throw down 1000 it is not easy to do 35+ for many people

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Not a bad looking car but not a car for a guy who drives over 125 miles a day 5 days a week

Pre order and order are two very different things. Yes they do pre orders but going in and putting a deposit down today for a model s is ordering. It is then built and delivered. Especially a pre order with no set price on the car/delivery date. It would not shock me to see 75% canceled in the end. It is easy to throw down 1000 it is not easy to do 35+ for many people

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Pre-order is certainly different from ordering but either way you have to put money down to reserve your spot in line. Whoever decides to not order will have tens of thousands behind them in the queue that will be happy to take their spot in line.

Orders are now up to 232,000 and none of us have a crystal ball telling us how many of those will actually buy cars. One thing is certain, demand for the Model 3 blows away all other electric vehicles. I'm certainly surprised that 232,000 people have preordered, especially since the best selling non-Tesla in the US is the Chevy Volt which has sold only 3900 vehicles YTD in 2016. The predictions by analysts that follow TSLA stock were expecting about 180,000 preorders by the end of 2016. Nobody was predicting them to exceed that in the first 30 hours. It reminds me a little bit of when Apple released the iPhone in 2007. There were a lot of naysayers back then but Apple exceeded everyones other than Steve Jobs expectations. Tesla is certainly poised to dominate the EV market, only time will tell.

Last edited:
I was correct about my wife's interest. As soon as I returned home from work she says " did you know that Tesla has a new car?"

Another thought on the pre-order. 200,000 @ $1000 each = a pretty nice tax free loan to the company.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

I was correct about my wife's interest. As soon as I returned home from work she says " did you know that Tesla has a new car?"

Another thought on the pre-order. 200,000 @ $1000 each = a pretty nice tax free loan to the company.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Certainly some of those on the preorder list want to take advantage of the $7,500 Federal tax rebate, which is only available to the first 200,000 electric vehicles sold by a company. By the time the Model 3 starts deliveries, they will be getting close to the 200,000 mark and then the rebate will start to be cut and phased out.

Here's and article with some of the details. http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/...rs-might-not-be-eligible-for-tax-credits.html

Not a bad looking car but not a car for a guy who drives over 125 miles a day 5 days a week

It seems like you would be the perfect candidate. You put enough miles on to make the fuel savings significant, but not enough that you outdrive the range of the vehicle.

It seems like you would be the perfect candidate. You put enough miles on to make the fuel savings significant, but not enough that you outdrive the range of the vehicle.
I guess I never looked at it that way I usually always drive what I call throwaway cars as the city of Chicago is the home of I don't give a Fu.. people they scratch,ding,hit,dent,push, every car I have ever owned. The Tesla would be wrecked in a week in the city

Last edited:
I just saw a preproduction Tesla 3 driving around Medford OR of all places, it was white and looked really good.

I just saw a preproduction Tesla 3 driving around Medford OR of all places, it was white and looked really good.
I found a preproduction c7 in the most bumfuq place of all time when I worked at the SO. Apparently it was one of GMs favored test grounds.

If the exhaust didn't sound so terrible on the Tesla's, I'd consider them in the future. But having a nice sounding exhaust that growls (i.e. AMG, M, RS, Type R) on my car is half the fun for me, it's invigorating. Losing that I feel that I would find driving it to be quite boring.

If the exhaust didn't sound so terrible on the Tesla's, I'd consider them in the future. But having a nice sounding exhaust that growls (i.e. AMG, M, RS, Type R) on my car is half the fun for me, it's invigorating. Losing that I feel that I would find driving it to be quite boring.

The silence can be amazing - I've been driving the S for a few years and you forget all about the sound the first time you floor it with all that torque.

The silence can be amazing - I've been driving the S for a few years and you forget all about the sound the first time you floor it with all that torque.

Regular Model S is far too slow for me, the S P85D would be a blast to drive though. That would be my only option really, gaining 1 sec from 4 to 3 seconds 0-60 might be enough to make me look past an intoxicating exhaust note...maybe.

Regular Model S is far too slow for me, the S P85D would be a blast to drive though. That would be my only option really, gaining 1 sec from 4 to 3 seconds 0-60 might be enough to make me look past an intoxicating exhaust note...maybe.

The regular Model S dual motor is 4.4 seconds 0-60 and that is easily achieved in real world street conditions. It has 100% of its torque available as soon as you step on the accelerator and there is zero wheel slippage. The 0-60 times for other cars are deceptive because the are done with a professional driver at a track normally with only 5 gallons of fuel in the tank - few drivers can achieve that stated 0-60 time on the street or at a track even if they only have 5 gallons in that gas tank. That's why Car and Driver also publishes a 5-60 street start time that is almost always exactly .5 seconds slower than the tire smoking stated 0-60 time. In real world driving the non P Model S can out accelerate other cars with the same rated 4.4. 0-60 time such as a 2016 Mustang GT or an 2015 Audi S4. I have buddies that own those cars and they were very eager to prove me wrong on that point. They both lost. The Mustang owner had 4 trys at beating my Model S in the 0-60 run before conceding.

I guess what I'm saying is the "slow" model S in real world driving will accelerate with anything that has a stated 0-60 time in that 3.9 -4.0 range unless there is a professional driver at the wheel of the other vehicle. There are faster cars on the road for sure, but the instant acceleration with no delay of a Tesla wether it's from a stop or at 50mph merging onto a freeway is still surprising to me after 28,000 miles.

Last edited:
Tesla Model 3

The regular Model S dual motor is 4.4 seconds 0-60 and that is easily achieved in real world street conditions. It has 100% of its torque available as soon as you step on the accelerator and there is zero wheel slippage. The 0-60 times for other cars are deceptive because the are done with a professional driver at a track normally with only 5 gallons of fuel in the tank - few drivers can achieve that stated 0-60 time on the street or at a track even if they only have 5 gallons in that gas tank. That's why Car and Driver also publishes a 5-60 street start time that is almost always exactly .5 seconds slower than the tire smoking stated 0-60 time. In real world driving the non P Model S can out accelerate other cars with the same rated 4.4. 0-60 time such as a 2016 Mustang GT or an 2015 Audi S4. I have buddies that own those cars and they were very eager to prove me wrong on that point. They both lost. The Mustang owner had 4 trys at beating my Model S in the 0-60 run before conceding.

I guess what I'm saying is the "slow" model S in real world driving will accelerate with anything that has a stated 0-60 time in that 3.9 -4.0 range unless there is a professional driver at the wheel of the other vehicle. There are faster cars on the road for sure, but the instant acceleration with no delay of a Tesla wether it's from a stop or at 50mph merging onto a freeway is still surprising to me after 28,000 miles.

A 2016 Model S 85 has a 0-60 of ~5.4 seconds as reported by Tesla themselves, no? I have seen real world tests report times closer to 5 flat, give or take a couple tenths, rather than the 5.4 reported by Tesla. The 70 is even slower, and obviously the P versions with ludicrous mode are very very fast.

Never seen 4.4 in the non P Model S', but if you're getting that time, great. Tesla has obviously vastly understated it's speed with their external reporting...maybe to be able to show a bigger gap with the Performance upgrade.

My wife's Model S is almost identically fast to my CLA 45 AMG. 5.4 is absolutely not accurate.

No idea why that is not enough for anyone. Sure, when I smoked a Ferrari 458 and Lamborghini Marcialargo in the P85D it was cool. But it has absolutely no real world functionality in a city. If I hammer my wife's car to pass someone on the freeway when it is wet I can break the tires free. Thats note than enough power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A CLA 45 is plenty "fast enough", but a 5.2 or 5.4s as I had seen previously stated by Tesla is not. Maybe the numbers I had seen are on the earlier model year 85's, I could be mistaken on the new non-performance 85's as it seems the new ones are running low 4's. I'm not sure where that doesn't make sense...if it's running faster than what Tesla reported, then yes it's definitely fast enough, if it's running where Tesla reported it will (and MotorTrend) at over 5 seconds, it's not. Pretty black and white to understand.

edit: figured it out, the base S85 is rated at 5.4 seconds, the S85D (dual motor) is 4.2. That's where I was off, I was looking at the most basic Model S 85, not the Dual Motor variant. And yes, 4.2 seconds is plenty fast for a daily driver.

Last edited:
A 2016 Model S 85 has a 0-60 of ~5.4 seconds as reported by Tesla themselves, no? I have seen real world tests report times closer to 5 flat, give or take a couple tenths, rather than the 5.4 reported by Tesla. The 70 is even slower, and obviously the P versions with ludicrous mode are very very fast.

Never seen 4.4 in the non P Model S', but if you're getting that time, great. Tesla has obviously vastly understated it's speed with their external reporting...maybe to be able to show a bigger gap with the Performance upgrade.

The single motor Model S85 is in that 5.4 second 0-60 range. The 4.4 second 0-60 is for the 85D(dual motor) which is about $10k more and has about the same horsepower but has more torque. The 4.4 second time is listed as such on their design studio section of their website. Tesla had a software update several months ago that improved the 0-60 for the 85D from 4.8 down to 4.4 seconds. The company I work for has quite a few products that go into the Tesla at the factory and many other products that are used when Tesla's are in need of repair after an accident. I've toured the Tesla factory as and have had the chance to talk to several of their engineers. Evidently the dual motor 85D and P85D software updates improved the acceleration by utilizing/optimizing the available torque of each engine independently at every speed. The P85D's software update dropped the 0-60 time from 3.2 to 2.8 seconds. I have a neighbor with the P85D and the "ludicrous" mode is truly something that can't be explained until you drive it for yourself.

Car and Driver just tested the P90D and the 30-50 mph acceleration was 1.3 seconds, faster than any car they have ever tested. It also ran the 1/4 mile in 11.1 seconds, .4 seconds faster than a 2015 Corvette Z06 and only a half a second slower than a $195k 2015 Porsche 911 Turbo.

Last edited:
Geez guys why doesn't somebody say, "Mine is bigger"

Back