The best shot of the round

Number 1 handicap hole, PW from 127 out of the right rough to a foot left of the hole for an easy bird.

115 yard gap wedge from long rough to an elevated, small green. Left me with a 10 foot birdie putt. Hard enough to hold his green from the fairway. Very pleased. Hitting wedges, all irons really, very well lately.

220 yard 16 degree hybrid to 8 feet. Best shot in an otherwise disastrous tournament round.

Perfectly executed a chip shot to run downhill and in for birdie. It's been a while since the last chip in, feels good to get it back.

Par 5, solid drive, pulled my 2nd shot left and had 105 left to the green from the trees left of the FW. Had to keep it low under the trees and avoid a bunker front left. I hit a little half swing punch with a bit of a draw and rolled to up to the fringe. Chip to 4 feet, putt for par, done.

Last edited:
Came this close to my first ace yesterday....

12108289_1644000682542781_2728813019508646202_n.jpg

I made pars on #10-16. #17 is a 155 yard Par 3 that requires all carry over water, a hole that has killed previous good rounds. I hit a 6 iron to four feet and made the birdie to go one under for the nine. Unfortunately, I bogeyed #18 but still shot even par. 76 for the round.

Yeah. It's a good score!

A 23 degree hybrid to #16, a 196 yard par 3 over a huge bunker. The shot hit pin high and trickled down the slope to 4 feet below the hole. I made the putt for a very rare birdie on this hole.

Actually, 2 shots. A 3W that got on the green from 200 yards, and a shot that got me the trophy on the right:

This was a smooth 5 hybrid that got me on the green from 150 yards. I was hesitant to accept the award because my "nearest to the pin" was like 21 feet from the pin. It turns out that out of the 40-odd players who joined the tournament, I was the only one who made it on the green.

The green is a 400 square foot turtleback green that rises about 5 feet from the ground and is guarded by a bunker on the left front half of the green.

Last edited:
PLayed rio hondo in Downey today. First time there, actually a decent course, tight, but plenty of fun. Par 4, hit my driver pure and long, this one was about 275 yards Had an 85 yard shot to the green, hit my 50 degree, and nailed it to 5 feet of the pin, and drained the putt for a birdie. only one of the day, but did get a few pars and mostly bogeys, and shot my lowest score in years 89.

Can't complain, because My game is still being improved and constantly being worked on. I've been working on my driver to iron out the slice, and I think I've got it dialed in now. been using a lot of impact tape lately at the range hitting it, and figuring out my ball position to hit it center of the driver which has made a huge improvement. I also changed up my grip a bit, trying to focus on the hand position, and have also ironed that out to help me feel the swing in a whole new way. I've always been decent with my irons, so only hit them on the range a little for now. My other main focus has been 3 wood and hybrids. I think after changing my grip a bit, and focusing on my line up ball position, I've got those hitting so much better. still not getting good contact every time, but today showed that when I did make the contact, the ball did what it was supposed to do.

Biggest downfall for me is chipping, I'm either shanking it and shooting low and off the green or, shorting the shot and not going as far as it should have gone. A few of my chips, the ball went in the intended direction, so aim was good, but got way too far under the ball for it to go very far.

Putting, well frankly my ball speed was perfect today, my misses were about a foot too long in most cases, but my aim- well it plain stinks, so gotta work on that.

Either way, happy with my 89 today and I think I played excellently overall.

Punch shot 5i shooting a 10 foot gap between trees. Total hero/sucker shot - never would've tried it if we weren't playing a scramble. Shot the gap and put it back in the fairway 140y from the green.

totally hosed a tee shot on the #7 par 3 on my home course this morning. pushed it way right, bounced off the cart path and ended up on the 8th tee box. figured I was looking at a bogey. chipped off the tee box, it dropped and released...rolled about 15 feet and drained. high 5s all around till one of the guys in my group chipped his in from off the green as well. cut my scat! oh well. you don't get to see 2 chip-ins one right after the other too often. :act-up:

Had a ridiculously long par-5, 627 yards from the blue tees (blacks were 685 i think, but no thanks....). Not a lot of elevation, and there is a valley/washout area that basically turns the green into an island. 3 wood from 215 yards out and put it within 12 feet in 3. I didn't believe myself, dropped another ball down, and it HIT my first ball....What are the chances???!!! I guess my fairway woods are improving.

8iron, 138m into crossing wind. Within 1m (3.3feet). Doesn't happen to me all that much :)

40 footer for bird on a par 3....may be a nice skin. Will know tomorrow AM.

40 footer for bird on a par 3....may be a nice skin. Will know tomorrow AM.
I dropped a bomb as well for birdie today. Long up hill left to right sweeper. Walked that SOAB into the hole!

Played the Heritage course at Marquette GC when on vacation a couple days ago (MQT GC also hosts Greywalls). Peeked at my GPS watch before teeing off on #6 and thought, "242 front - 255 center, slight draw around the trees, slight incline, that's one TOUGH par 3". I assumed I'd be short as 250 is typically well beyond my range but hit driver anyway as there were traps at about 200 that I hoped to clear. It came off perfectly and I finished on the green, pin high, right center, about 30' from a left center pin. The 3 putt was crushing because of the difficulty of the tee shot, but I assumed it was for another far too typical (for me) 3 putt bogey. It hurt far worse when I wrote the 4 on my card and realized I had just 3 jacked an eagle opportunity. I don't get many of those being a short knocker.

Last edited:
3rd shot on a par 4. 60 degree from about 20 yards up over a large bunker onto an elevated green with the pin short sided. Landed it to about 5 feet and saved par.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

par 3 11th at 130 yards and a tad downwind. PW to 4 feet and made birdie (same hole as only birdie yesterday).

8 iron to 4 feet on a tough 165 yard par 3.

Par 5 9th this morning playing straight into the sun. Hit driver and lost sight of it immediately. Found it in the FW with 190 left. Laid up and had 135 uphill to the green with water in front.

I took 8i, swung away and hoped it went somewhere towards the pin since I lost it in the sun again. Drove up to find it on the green 15 feet from the pin. 2 putts, par.

Good drive into the fairway bunker on second hardest hole leaving me 190m to the pin. Hit a perfect 7 wood to 5m and two putted for a par.

I hit a 280 yard short par 4 in one today. Stuck it to 2 feet for eagle. It was a pretty good hole.

Back