Trying to Create Lag?

Fupy if what to create more lag. Pull on the grip handle until it reaches that right hip and then throw the toe of the club left. Provided your hips have cleared and you are working behind the ball, you will hit it farther, straighter and more accurate than you are now.

----------------------

Reading through this thread has shown me that there is a lot of inaccurate info being shared. Or incomplete information. I often wonder where people get their info or they understand the entire concept.

I'm pretty confident right now I have the right amount of "lag" and release, but I know from being on THP and in my own struggles that "holding the release" as long as possible is a recipe for disaster if done wrong.

Fupy if what to create more lag. Pull on the grip handle until it reaches that right hip and then throw the toe of the club left. Provided your hips have cleared and you are working behind the ball, you will hit it farther, straighter and more accurate than you are now.

----------------------

Reading through this thread has shown me that there is a lot of inaccurate info being shared. Or incomplete information. I often wonder where people get their info or they understand the entire concept.

I'm trying to cypher all of this.

I'm trying to cypher all of this.

If you follow the first part of that quote you'll create the lag you want. Creating lag has to do with holding the angle created with the arms and club in the back swing. You hold this against a full hip release. Typically you can hold the angle until the handle reaches the rear hip. The arms will release from this point through impact.

4641d71d229c58186dde365fbc98d361.jpg

See Rory's hips and arms

I'm not sure I am getting my hips to release.

If you follow the first part of that quote you'll create the lag you want. Creating lag has to do with holding the angle created with the arms and club in the back swing. You hold this against a full hip release. Typically you can hold the angle until the handle reaches the rear hip. The arms will release from this point through impact.

4641d71d229c58186dde365fbc98d361.jpg

See Rory's hips and arms

It's in this thread, Freddie!

Back