THP visits Toulon Design HQ

Checking out the Toulon website I see they have the regular, then they list MR (medium release) and (AR) aggressive release. Any word on what is the best way to determine what would work best for someone out of those options?

The difference is really in the weight. There is quite a bit of information in this THP TV video interview with Sean Toulon about this part.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/toulon-design-putters-preview/

You are looking at aluminum, stainless or Tungsten in terms of plate on the bottom and those plates have a function in changing the weight of the putter. The Madison for instance I believe goes from 352 grams to 385 grams.

Then add the counterbalance part in the equation and you have a very different thing in my opinion. I would recommend trying them out, if that is not an option, go with comfort. The great part about working with a place like this is you will be able to get custom things done or changes made to your putter in the future, which is very cool.

To give you an example, I like a heavier head, so immediately gravitate towards the tungsten weighted sole.

Oh I love this thread. Really would love to get one in hand for some testing. Such lookers, and oh my that flow neck!!!

Thanks for the info JB, these putters look amazing.

dc3922a57fe29499ccd3925b392a527d.jpg
849d3e63b57e90217606f043017b4477.jpg

Having custom logo pistol GT's as a stock option is so freaking cool.

e2dc89d7690994a21cf3c717609f36ba.jpg

I believe there is a small upcharge for that model.

Ahh...oh well. Still cool as an available option.

Absolutely beautiful putters!!!

Mike, what did you walk away with knowledge wise in your fitting? Which one seemed to work best for you and why?

Is it bad that as much as I enjoy all the pictures being posted, I keep checking them for the dogs, I heard they have dogs at the office. :smile:

Is it bad that as much as I enjoy all the pictures being posted, I keep checking them for the dogs, I heard they have dogs at the office. :smile:

Yes, we were told that many times the family has some dogs in the office. I did see some dog toys. Its our kind of place.

OMG those are gorgeous! I need one soooo bad!

Mike, what did you walk away with knowledge wise in your fitting? Which one seemed to work best for you and why?
It wasnt an official fitting but was more about trying all of the options and noting the differences between each.
Some seemed to sound a little louder than others.
All of them frame the ball up really well.
I actually made more with the San Francisco (mid mallet) which spelled trouble for someone with all blades at home.
And ALL of them put an absolutely phenomenal roll on the ball...very impressive.

I haven't been this excited about a putter since Sizemore and SS hooked up.

I like the size of the sole weight and that it's not just on the edges of the head.

So what kind of dogs?

I love the milling on the face of the blade. Beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wasnt an official fitting but was more about trying all of the options and noting the differences between each.
Some seemed to sound a little louder than others.
All of them frame the ball up really well.
I actually made more with the San Francisco (mid mallet) which spelled trouble for someone with all blades at home.
And ALL of them put an absolutely phenomenal roll on the ball...very impressive.
Did the weight change the sound. Heavier= more muted or was it just on the different models?

One of the things that I really enjoy speaking with them about, and Ddec from the PGA Show and I have talked about it. They have the beautiful look of artistry putters, but there is a real tech story that is intriguing.

Did we hear any more ETA on custom necks? I know they were saying late March at the show.

Did we hear any more ETA on custom necks? I know they were saying late March at the show.

More information on that coming soon. It will go with the Toulon Garage.

I'll take that one

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That is the model that he put together to show me, because Sean knows I prefer a non-plumbers neck.

One of the things that I really enjoy speaking with them about, and Ddec from the PGA Show and I have talked about it. They have the beautiful look of artistry putters, but there is a real tech story that is intriguing.

Their welding technique is pretty damn intriguing to say the least

Did the weight change the sound. Heavier= more muted or was it just on the different models?
I could definitely feel the difference as we moved through the options..it did to me seem to vary as you have inferred (at least to me)

It was great to see how legitimately excited Sean and his team were about their products and the story to be told

Back