Golfjams Bluetooth Speaker - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is a unique bluetooth speaker that has a clear focus on the golf course. Utilizing sturdy clips, golfers can attach the speaker to the vertical posts in golf carts. This is great for anyone who wants the music front and center rather than being dumped into a compartment of the cart (closing off the sound).

From Golfjams

The Golfjams bluetooth speaker is a day-to-day accessory designed for use on the golf course. The system is designed to easily attach to the down post of the golf cart with one of the included 1" or 1.25" velcro clips. The speaker is weather resistant and comes complete with Speaker with Loop Velcro Bottom, universal device holder, USB Charging cable, 3.5mm Audio cable, USB Battery charger, 2 cart clips 1.0" and 1.25," 2 PC 2"x7" Loop Velcro For Other Applications (Phone, Music Devise, GPS Unit, Etc.), 2 Poker Chip Ball Markers and a Protective Carrying Bag.

• Golfjams Bluetooth speaker is ultra light and has a splash-proof rating of IPX5 meaning that you can carry it with you a listen to your favorite music, whatever the weather. In real world terms, it means you can take it almost anywhere without worrying about normal environmental factors that would affect your electronics. Just don't go deep sea diving with it!
  • Advanced Lithium Battery allows 15+ hours of playing time!
  • Infrared thermal sensors automatically activate button lights in the dark
  • A stylish and sophisticated way to experience your music while on the golf course
  • Feature-packed and extremely easy to use
  • A beautifully designed speaker that compliments any style
  • Advanced CSR Brand Bluetooth Version 4.0
  • Increased Bluetooth transmission rate and higher audio fidelity with decreased power consumption
  • Supports: NFC, Siri and Android Voice Calls
  • Battery status shows on iPhone/ iPod / iPad
  • Double 5W loudspeakers produce high quality stereo sound
  • Use with two or more of these same devices for increased effect

In Hand Photos

20150827_161124-L.jpg

20150827_161425-L.jpg

20150827_161430-L.jpg

20150827_161440-L.jpg

20150827_161446-L.jpg

20150827_161401-L.jpg

20150827_161347-L.jpg

20150827_161328-L.jpg

20150827_161221-L.jpg

20150827_161628-L.jpg

I still have real concerns about the velcro. But 15 hours of battery life is just super impressive and could easily override the 'velcro problem.' Can't wait to hear how they sound.

~Rock

I had my first on course experience with the Golfjams last night and I think it was quite positive. Being a guy and seeing how easy the unit was to use, I of course departed the house without the manual. It took all of about twenty seconds to figure out how to pair the unit with a phone and maybe a total of 35 seconds before we were listening to music.

One point of interest -- The 1.0 and 1.25 clips are not a perfect solution, as the vertical posts on the front of my home course carts are actually quite a bit smaller than that. After placing the unit in one of the compartments and being a bit unimpressed with a slightly muffled sound, I opted to seek out alternative options for the clip and found a very viable solution. (Point of note: Those are not my clubs hahaha!)

20150827_184425-L.jpg

20150827_184414-L.jpg

The velcro seems quite strong and it's nice to see they added two additional strips in the total package, along with a carrying bag that gets quite large with all the pieces of the unit in it. I did have some trepidation with trusting velcro and the unit but that's just me being ridiculous. I was a huge fan of where the unit ended up being applied to the cart and had zero fears of it falling after attaching it.

I think the unit is definitely for a person who enjoys cart based golf as it seems to be built quite well (substantial weight to it). This would not bode all that well for a walker.

Looks are fine. Battery life is awesome! If it sounds good, then I could see myself grabbing one.

The only improvement needed on any BT speaker is the ability to turn it down or off when you are away from cart. I don't carry my phone in my pocket so when my speaker is on it is on until I get back to the cart. If you need to quiet it down you shouldn't have to run back to the cart to do it. The music doesn't bother me but it can bother others that are paying money to play.

In regards to this product I think adding the down post adapter is nice, but I don't want to add more things to my bag.

The posts in that golf cart picture look exactly like mine. So perhaps I would have to mount one in the same place.

Dan, towards the end of the testing you do, could you just attach and detach about 100 times, and see if the velcro is still just as strong? I don't doubt the velcro can hold it, but I do worry about the velcro wearing out. Perhaps they already thought of this when they added 2 additional strips in the package.

~Rock

The posts in that golf cart picture look exactly like mine. So perhaps I would have to mount one in the same place.

Dan, towards the end of the testing you do, could you just attach and detach about 100 times, and see if the velcro is still just as strong? I don't doubt the velcro can hold it, but I do worry about the velcro wearing out. Perhaps they already thought of this when they added 2 additional strips in the package.

~Rock

haha, I am sure I can do that -- Although it sounds awful!!

For personal application, especially considering I play the same course, I'm not sure I wouldn't just leave it attached.

Dan, sound quality of the unit? I know that's subjective but curious as is wasn't mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan, sound quality of the unit? I know that's subjective but curious as is wasn't mentioned.

I was playing with my dad last night who isn't huge about music on course. I'll try to crank it up around the house and on the course in the next week to give you a good idea of what we're working with. Considering how the unit is constructed though, I'd be shocked if it wasn't really solid.

How old is that golf cart?? It looks like the struts are 3/4". Those go back to 94-96 latest. I can't remember the last time I saw 3/4" struts at the course. 95%+ of golf course carts are 1" or 1 1/4" today.

How old is that golf cart?? It looks like the struts are 3/4". Those go back to 94-96 latest. I can't remember the last time I saw 3/4" struts at the course. 95%+ of golf course carts are 1" or 1 1/4" today.

It's quite new. My course has somewhere in the realm of a 3-4 year lease with their carts I believe.

I've begun my quest to see what kind of battery life we're dealing with on the GolfJams today. Got started a bit late, so based on the 15 hours I doubt I'll have a number by the end of the day today -- But certainly by tomorrow I'll have more thoughts.

What I have found thus far is that the GolfJams is a unit best used when around friends who enjoy music on course. Because it's designed to sit on an external bar, the sound tends to carry a bit more than a unit that is resting in the cart - And again depending on who you're playing with, can be a great thing or a not so good thing.

Also, I happened to leave the unit connected to the 1.0 bar clip from my round on Saturday. When I pulled it off this morning, it had some MAJOR resistance. I thought that was great to see considering the concept that this rests vertically when set up on a cart bar.

Also, I happened to leave the unit connected to the 1.0 bar clip from my round on Saturday. When I pulled it off this morning, it had some MAJOR resistance. I thought that was great to see considering the concept that this rests vertically when set up on a cart bar.

agreed, I would count that as a good thing.

I'm liking the sounds of this one. I have no complaints about my puma soundchuck--other than I can NEVER decide the best place to put it while riding in a cart.

Golf jams for riding; soundchuck for walking. I'll get it done.

I think it could withstand the rigors of an O'Carroll golf day. Absolutely.

Here's a fun tidbit. There is some kind of censor on top of the unit to activate the button lighting. When I wave my hand over top of the Golfjams speaker, the buttons light up.

Now THAT is cool.

I've been running the battery quite a bit today to get you all a baseline for lifespan on each charge.

Played music from 10-2, 3:30-5:30, and 8-1am. Still running after 11 hours of play time.

Great stuff Dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing looks sweet. As much as I love Puma I think I like the idea of this one better than the soundchuck.

I've been running the battery quite a bit today to get you all a baseline for lifespan on each charge.

Played music from 10-2, 3:30-5:30, and 8-2:30am. Still running after 12.5 hours of play time.

Bumping this to say that I've got another 7 hours into the unit today and it's still running on the same charge.

That makes 19.5 hours and counting.

Bumping this to say that I've got another 7 hours into the unit today and it's still running on the same charge.

That makes 19.5 hours and counting.
That's some incredible battery life! And great colors too for us that are late to the party. Great thoughts Dan!

Not gonna lie and I dont ever play with music when I am by myself. However, that being said, I really want to get one of these!

Man I like the sounds of that battery life. That's really nice.

Not gonna lie and I dont ever play with music when I am by myself. However, that being said, I really want to get one of these!

Obviously the primary conversation here has been around the golf course considering the name, but I certainly have enjoyed using this unit around the house as well.

Depending on the time between powering on the unit, it pairs right back with my phone and simply pressing play activates Spotify for me and basically where it left off. I can dig that!

I mostly walk, but this thing sounds pretty sweet.

Golfjams Bluetooth Speaker - THP Review

That battery life is outstanding... How's the sound?

Back