2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

The may have to slow the greens a tad bit. With winds up to 30. May have a hard time keeping the ball from blowing off the greens.

I heard they got a 1/2" of rain last night also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly T just seems so confused during any telecast.

Kelly T just seems so confused during any telecast.

That's funny. I wasn't really watching just listening in the background. When she started talking I thought the exact same thing....seems a little lost at times

It has been so dry across the south in the past two weeks or so, even that rain last night probably just soaked right in...regardless of the sub-air systems.

Given how precise the approaches have to be on these greens to leave scoring chances, I think these winds (particularly gusts) will play a big role.

Is it a random drawing for the pairings and teetimes?

Sometimes the players that are in the same group almost seems to good to be true.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Not random at all. There are some traditional pairings such as the US AM Champ paired with last years Champion, therefore you get Spieth and Dechambeau...no clue why Paul Casey was picked as the third one there.

And while not as obvious as the USGA is with some of it's groupings, you can't help but think the Masters committee is following some of the same thoughts here with a hothead group, Ian Poulter, Bubba Watson and Brendan Grace (although he's not got quite the history of the others in that regard, but some know him away from the course as not such a great guy)

Then the opposite of that Ernie Els, Matt Kuchar and Jason Day could definitely be considered the nice guy group.

So not not random by any means, and I'm sure there are many reasons and requests they get that they may honor.

Not random at all. There are some traditional pairings such as the US AM Champ paired with last years Champion, therefore you get Spieth and Dechambeau...no clue why Paul Casey was picked as the third one there.

And while not as obvious as the USGA is with some of it's groupings, you can't help but think the Masters committee is following some of the same thoughts here with a hothead group, Ian Poulter, Bubba Watson and Brendan Grace (although he's not got quite the history of the others in that regard, but some know him away from the course as not such a great guy)

Didn't know that about Grace.

Then the opposite of that Ernie Els, Matt Kuchar and Jason Day could definitely be considered the nice guy group.

So not not random by any means, and I'm sure there are many reasons and requests they get that they may honor.

I wonder if Rory likes being in the last group. I always wondered if guys preferred being in the morning or afternoon groups.

The may have to slow the greens a tad bit. With winds up to 30. May have a hard time keeping the ball from blowing off the greens.
With scores almost at -20 last year i doubt they do anything to help the players this year. They want Augusta to show its teeth this year

Looks like Herman chipped in on his first hole for birdie. Welcome to Augusta.

Check our Hermie picking up right where he left off last week.

Is it me or are a couple of the pin positions different from the typical Thursday placement?

h_pinsheet_round1.jpg

Masters.com has a pretty cool feature that you can click around different areas of the greens and arrows show you the slopes of the green. I don't know if thats new or not, but its pretty cool.

Didn't know that about Grace.

I wonder if Rory likes being in the last group. I always wondered if guys preferred being in the morning or afternoon groups.
To be honest it's only one person's account and it goes back to days on the Sunshine Tour. So not sure if he's changed much since.

86d8e2ebec960d5ca256d3e18cb9a96e.jpg

What the heck? Anyone else have the app? This won't work for me.

Think Kelly T wants to talk about Jordan Spieth? haha
No matter who else the guys brought up, her response was "what about Spieth, can he repeat". Cmon Kelly, the talk was about guys going off later.

The Hermanator announces his presence with authority.

Man every time i see Arnie looking as frail as he does my heart hurts. He is my all time favorite and I dont like seeing him like this.

Herman is looking good out of the gate

Dechambeau and Willett for the win! :act-up:

Punching my ticket to Georgia.

Dechambeau and Willett for the win! :act-up:

Punching my ticket to Georgia.

Thats good, it should be a fun trip for you.
Although this contest is for a trip to Ohio. :D

Thats good, it should be a fun trip for you.
Although this contest is for a trip to Ohio. :D

Hahaha, oops. Knew I should've fact checked.

So many "BIG" prizes this year that it's very easy to confuse them.

Back