Muscle Shoals, AL golf gathering 2/21-2/23

One of the benefits of having reached my tenure on Earth, are retired friends that snowbird during the cold months. The friends are in Ft. Myers and Palm Desert, so I will have at least two weeks of golfing during the winter. While Florida is nice, the Palm Desert area is spectacular. My bud uses a company that calls all of the courses around 5pm each day and finds their open times. After 5pm each day, we call him to get a time for the next day and we pay half the normal fees. The only drawback is you must accept the available times, but you get to play some great and notable courses for a very reasonable price.

we are heading to Orlando for the last 2 weeks of Feb. - then over to east coast/space coast area for March to take in some Nats spring training games.
I am definitely bringing the golf clubs :act-up:

http://www.rtjgolf.com/

done

$88 a day, unlimited golf

I'm very close to being sold!

Anyone want to meet up here?
Anyone want to ride down with me?
Dates TBD. Let's plan something! (Only if it DOES NOT interfere with THP event calendar).

Anyone interested?
Semi-interested?

Dates TBD. Let's plan something! (Only if it DOES NOT interfere with THP event calendar).

Anyone interested?
Semi-interested?

I may be in for this. Let me know what your thinking.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

If you make your way to Arizona ill roll out the red carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone interested?
Semi-interested?

My wife may kill me...but ill see what the schedule looks like

Ok just checked work calendar, personal calendar, and second week is not ideal with valentines day.

Here's what I'm thinking.....

Leave Feb. 20th. Golf on the 21st,22nd,and 18 holes on the 23rd, then drive home.

There are courses in northern to mid Alabama as well as south.
36 holes a day on Friday, and Saturday, 18 on Sunday morning.

Hotels should not be too bad the farther north we go.

#exited #whosin?

Let me check. Tentatively, I'm in.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Say even just getting 2 days on that deal, then hitting up a golfnow deal would work also!

Say even just getting 2 days on that deal, then hitting up a golfnow deal would work also!

Oh yeah no doubt and I've heard some of those courses are amazing

It's funny, a buddy of mine was just asking me about the RTJ Trail and I told him I never heard of it. Hmm...ponder on...?

I'm glad the RTJ courses in Bama were mentioned and there's a good amount of interest. If I didn't have a baby coming, I'd do this one in a heart beat. The courses are phenomenal and are extremely reasonable price wise. I played Oxmoor in Birmingham last year and it was awesome. Have fun to everyone going on this one.

Must say I'm liking the possibility of meeting a group there.

Hmmm RTJ in Feb? I'm a lil curious ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

not to rain on anyone's parade, but RTJ in Feb can be a little risky. If there's even a little bit of a cold snap, 5-10 degrees cooler than average, you're looking at frost delays or worse. I have actually been wanting to do RTJ Grand National for a while, just couldn't make it happen yet this season, so I'm putting it off until Spring. Whoever said World Woods, I think that would be an awesome trip. I've done a couple of golfcations there, and we always get $80ish rates and free replays, so we play both courses each day and stay at a pretty cool "old Florida" place up the road about 15 miles, and it comes out to well under $150 a day person, two to a room. With your own room it's about $160 or so.

Regardless of locale, if this ends up happening there is a decent chance I would be in. Just depends on if the other FL/GA thing happens and if I'm not on call, which I seem to be on about two weekends a month lately.

If I didn't already have a trip booked for late February I would definitely be in ponder mode on this one...those courses look awesome

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ok just checked work calendar, personal calendar, and second week is not ideal with valentines day.

Here's what I'm thinking.....

Leave Feb. 20th. Golf on the 21st,22nd,and 18 holes on the 23rd, then drive home.

There are courses in northern to mid Alabama as well as south.
36 holes a day on Friday, and Saturday, 18 on Sunday morning.

Hotels should not be too bad the farther north we go.

#exited #whosin?

Keep me posted on where and it could be a go for me.

Loving the early interest here.

not to rain on anyone's parade, but RTJ in Feb can be a little risky. If there's even a little bit of a cold snap, 5-10 degrees cooler than average, you're looking at frost delays or worse.

The weekend I'm shooting for is the weekend after valentines day, hopefully warmer by then!

Gauging some interest/suggestions

Feb 21-22

RTJ trail, Birmingham AL.
Ross Bridge, & Oxmoor Valley

Birmingham area hotels start at around $45 on Orbitz.

Sounds like some great golf!

Hopefully, we can get some interest from ?North, south, east, and West!

Loving the idea of this trip.

Back