#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

Joe, simply amazing pictures, I was just looking through them, calling my wife over "can you believe this place!?, WOW!, look at this shot!"

Thank you!

Joe, simply amazing pictures, I was just looking through them, calling my wife over "can you believe this place!?, WOW!, look at this shot!"

Thank you!

Thanks! Glad the link is working now! The pictures do not even do the course and the views justice. My head is still spinning.

There is just so much awesome in this thread.
As usual, I will get rather wordy, so I apologize in advance. I have 3-5 more writeups coming including one on the Hideaway and our host Matt that I have been working on.

Don't worry I think we all will. I have about that many more coming as well in the next day or two.

WOW!!

What a pleasure to read all of these posts. Do any of you work?? Just kidding, i spent most of my workday following this thread. I can't convey with words what an honor it is to read all of your reviews of the Hideaway and the experience we shared.

In preparing for this event Jason and i probably sent 100 emails back and forth making sure we created an event all of the THP'ers would enjoy. It was never about how do we make the best tournament… It was always how can we have the most fun. I can confidently say we succeeded.

The best part, for me, was that I got to play in a group for every round. We have a policy at the Hideaway that every group that tees off has to have either a member or a staff member in it. I love when i get to take advantage of that policy. I've had the pleasure of playing with Jason, Greg, and a bunch off the Callaway/Odyssey guys in the past because of how close we are together, but it was amazing to walk around with the THP'ers. It was amazing to get to know everyone. Tell stories, laugh, watch great golf shots and cheer each other on. I read in one of Harry's posts about how everyone in Team Callaway was rooting on the Dreamteam. He wasn't lying, everyone just wanted to watch each other play well. It was truly the experience of a lifetime, even for me.

I've been at the Hideaway for 6 years now and had the incredible fortune to meet some incredible people and be apart of some really cool events. The #Grandaddy was by far my favorite.

I think I speak for the 8 THPers, and know I speak for my wife and I when I say the pleasure was all ours.
In fact I think I can speak for the hundreds of thousands that saw those pictures as well.

Indeed it was. Indeed it was

Joe, those pictures you linked to are phenomenal sir. Thank you for putting those up.

My experiences with the #Zoocrew:

Harry What can I say? He welcomed us into the ECPC with a little history lesson, personally toyed around with the Alpha between swings while I was hitting it on the range, and is just a great guy. His pants are less tight in person, although I could never pull off the colors he wears. He is as funny as any person I've ever met and is a big reason Callaway is going where it is today. I hope our paths cross sometime soon again!

Finley The man with the plan of the weekend and a heck of a golfer. I cannot thank you enough for the effort you put into this weekend. Played 1 round with the guy and he was joking the entire time. Just a joy to be around and, again, hope to see you soon.

Hashtag Dang did this guy and myself have battles. Played 36 holes with him this week and he was as awesome on the first tee as the 36th green. Like the caddy said, he is the most aggressive non-tour pro putter out there. Launches the Alpha way out there and I cannot have enough nice things to say about the guy. I don't even care about the hair and the verbal lashing it takes, the guy below it is one heck of a dude. Thanks for the battles and memories this week, it was a blast going 1-1!

Sabella I think we all know about the incident at AP's, but he had the last laugh with a legit 65 (probably had a chance at 63 or lower). He forgets in one day more than I will ever know about golf and has a fun time with the game. I've never seen someone fish during a round, but now it doesn't seem like a bad idea (Innovate or Die)! It was great to meet you Greg.

Scotty G Had the pleasure of playing 27 with this lefty. We talked about life and our journey's at the bar and I could tell he was a great guy. I mentioned earlier in the week (probably Monday or Tuesday) that I loved the look of their blue #Grandaddy polos. Well, during good bye's on Wednesday night, Scott sought me out and gave me his blue polo. What a simple, kind, and generous act that epitomizes what kind of person he is. I am forever grateful Scott and I hope to see you again soon!

Rhiona What a goof! I didn't get to enjoy a round with her, but I talked with her several times. I learned that she thoroughly enjoys mimosas, having fun just about anywhere, fine wines, and barbeque potato chips. Thanks for the shout out on ICYMI this week, just capped off the week where we felt even more like rock stars!

Johnny Rod What a guy. Did an incredible job designing the #Grandaddy logo, trophies, and belt. He put his heart and soul into this thing. For a guy who supposedly "struggles" off the tee, that BB is a game changer and I was glad to see it (even though you and Goryl kicked our butts and not each others!). You are so funny and just roll with anything that comes your way, always looking for a laugh. Favorite Puerto Rican I've met to date!

HeyPete! I don't think this guy has a bad bone in his body. He is such a positive guy, an incredibly hard worker (he showed a couple of us what he does on the bus while he was working, yeah working on vacation!), and a great person to boot. Not going to lie, I'm a little envious!

Ethan Another lefty!? You organized the stuff on the bus for us and even brought jerky, beer, and Double Stuf (why 1 f?) oreos for us to enjoy. Don't let anyone give you crap, you are one cool guy and handle it incredibly well. Thanks for everything this week.

If ANY of you make your way up to the Great Lakes region for any reason at all, I'd love to catch up and grab food and a round of golf!

WOW!!

What a pleasure to read all of these posts. Do any of you work?? Just kidding, i spent most of my workday following this thread. I can't convey with words what an honor it is to read all of your reviews of the Hideaway and the experience we shared.

In preparing for this event Jason and i probably sent 100 emails back and forth making sure we created an event all of the THP'ers would enjoy. It was never about how do we make the best tournament… It was always how can we have the most fun. I can confidently say we succeeded.

The best part, for me, was that I got to play in a group for every round. We have a policy at the Hideaway that every group that tees off has to have either a member or a staff member in it. I love when i get to take advantage of that policy. I've had the pleasure of playing with Jason, Greg, and a bunch off the Callaway/Odyssey guys in the past because of how close we are together, but it was amazing to walk around with the THP'ers. It was amazing to get to know everyone. Tell stories, laugh, watch great golf shots and cheer each other on. I read in one of Harry's posts about how everyone in Team Callaway was rooting on the Dreamteam. He wasn't lying, everyone just wanted to watch each other play well. It was truly the experience of a lifetime, even for me.

I've been at the Hideaway for 6 years now and had the incredible fortune to meet some incredible people and be apart of some really cool events. The #Grandaddy was by far my favorite.

This is pretty darn cool. This course is now on my must play list for sure.

I think I speak for the 8 THPers, and know I speak for my wife and I when I say the pleasure was all ours.
In fact I think I can speak for the hundreds of thousands that saw those pictures as well.

To be fair, I know you guys having such a great time out there brightened moods of those back home also.

Following along really made me feel good, to be a member of this awesome community, for you guys out there, and that a great company such as Callaway to extend such gracious hospitality to #TheDreamTeam.

This is pretty darn cool. This course is now on my must play list for sure.

I gotta meet this mwoodpga fellow! What does it take to make that happen?!?! :)

One of two ways.
A bankroll that will get you into a place that is so special, it contains MwoodPGA.
Get into a THP event that will be held there (hopefully).

Bankroll failure.

Shall pursue THP events! (Never a problem)

Joe thanks for sharing all of those pics, I've looked through the first 2 dozen or so and they are awesome. Calender material

Mwood might be tough, but you'll see an MWard fellow at least in July?

Thanks to everyone involved in this event. I have really enjoyed the assorted threads and participating vicariously through you. Well done on all fronts. [PS - how are the schools in La Quinta? After I win MegaMillions this weekend I intend to move there and join the Hideaway :) ]

Mwood might be tough, but you'll see an MWard fellow at least in July?
Wardy, I have to tell you. I thought of you on Wednestday. I had nasty lie in the bunker! I think I even said where's Wardy, this has to be his fault

Wardy, I have to tell you. I thought of you on Wednestday. I had nasty lie in the bunker! I think I even said where's Wardy, this has to be his fault

I get them all the time man. I've had 5 buried lies in 2 days. Swing hard and try and make a putt haha

Here are some pics of memorabilia from the week...

DSCN3853-L.jpg

This was a gift from Harry after the event was over. Thanks Harry!
DSCN3855-L.jpg

DSCN3857-L.jpg

DSCN3860-L.jpg

DSCN3859-L.jpg

A gift from my awesome team. Used the ball marker all week and didn't lose it! Never again though.
DSCN3863-L.jpg

DSCN3864-L.jpg

Some Hideaway Club stuff.
DSCN3869-L.jpg

This is pretty goofy, but this is the THP tee I used from hole to hole 54. One I saved just for the event and won't use again.
DSCN3870-L.jpg

Callaway stuff, including the W coin Harry gave to me.
DSCN3874-L.jpg

Random papers, including notes for pairings that the team went over before we did singles matchups.
DSCN3876-L.jpg

DSCN3877-L.jpg

DSCN3878-L.jpg

That is the kind of stuff I love to see Hawk. Thanks for posting all of that.

Hawk, that is a AWESOME collection if stuff there buddy, I love that you saved it all, love it, love it, love it.

-2P/7C? Were a couple holes dual greens or have multiple greens? Not familiar with that on a pin sheet!

Back