six-foe

Reaction score
Handicap
hello there! I don't know about you but I golf rain or shine. I have had "rain gear" from tournies but never actually went out and purchased rain gear.
what are your thoughts rain gear, best, most breathable...etc. what companies make they best.....etc etc etc.

(sorry if there is a thread on this topic,)

hello there! I don't know about you but I golf rain or shine. I have had "rain gear" from tournies but never actually went out and purchased rain gear.
what are your thoughts rain gear, best, most breathable...etc. what companies make they best.....etc etc etc.

(sorry if there is a thread on this topic,)

If you want to shell it out bigtime, the best is Galvin Green, hands down.

Me, I'm cheap, so I use non golf specific stuff, Marmot rain pants and a North Face rain jacket - the same stuff I use hiking in the rain. And Nike Lunar Bandon shoes, those are CRUCIAL in really wet conditions. If you want to keep your feet dry, there really is no substitute.

Moved over to Golf Style
A lot of people love Galvin Green, but my rain gear from them is not as good as my stuff from Cross. Sunice makes quality stuff as well and is closer for me to Galvin Green. I find the Cross stuff more comfortable and still really well done water wise.

The latest from Nike is solid, however its very heavy and hot.

In my experience:

Jackets:
Good: Galvin Green, FootJoy, North Face
Not so good: PING, older Nike gear.

I must say the PING jacket I have is 'all weather', feels like neoprene: the stuff surf suits are made from. It soaks up water.

Pants:
Good: PUMA, FootJoy, Galvin Green, PING.
Not very good: haven't had bad pants yet :)

I've been happy with my packable gortex Zero Restriction stuff.

I'm a fan of Cross and Second Skin, never had a drop of moisture seep in and they are light weight and comfortable.

I won a sun mountain jacket that I am extremely impressed with. Doesn't even seem waterproof as it's so flexible, but it is 100% waterproof and allows for smooth swinging in the rain. http://www.budgetgolf.com/Sun-Mount...1UKSroj0Drpm012ILw2PCvDxs0KQlRU3GchoCDmjw_wcB

Have a nice Sun mountain set similar to this. I also recently plunked big bucks down for Galvin Green, but luckily haven't had to use it yet. Fit is good for the Galvin Green, but was definitely warm when I tested it out.

I would say if you want some real good stuff that is not golf specific but can be used on the course and off then head over and check out Gore-Tex.

I'm a large Sunice fan. Like Galvin Green for the fit and style, but can never justify the price over Sunice.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I love my Nike storm fit and it was 10x cheaper and more effective than the fj garbage I had prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my Nike storm fit and it was 10x cheaper and more effective than the fj garbage I had prior.

thanks, I went with the Nike storm fit.....kinda cheaper but still costs....golfing 20 years and never had proper rain gear.

For somewhat pricey rain gear: Footjoy
For pricey rain gear: Galvin Green

Just bought a pair of FJ pants and jacket, cannot say how much I love them. Wore the jacket when I was down in FL with some nasty 30mph wind and light/med. rain and it kept me nice and dry.
Scored both pieces for just about $100 brand new (did some eBay wheeling and dealing).

I had fj tour jacket and pants and they leaked so bad.

Granted this was about 3 years ago.

Nike, hands down Dri-fit. I've had mine for 14 years

My Cross rain jacket is unreal. Plenty of give, not a ton of noise, and keeps me dry.

Absolutely love it.
Do you get too hot under it at all dan?

I have had a jacket from Zero Restriction for over 20 years, and it's still great. I also have a rain suit (pants and jacket ) from Mizuno that I won on one of the THP 12 days of Christmas about 3 years ago that is also excellent!

I picked up a Puma waterproof jacket with removable sleeves.
I also picked up a Woodworm rain suit. Not the lightest weight stuff, but holy smokes it keeps you dry!!
And a FJ bucket rain hat.

Glad this thread came up. I have no rain gear, which sucks for where I live. I'm going to have to look more at some of the stuff you guys are mentioning.

Looking at Sunice Garret Edge and the Cross Challenger. Anyone have either of those? comments?

The best rain gear is not golfing when it's raining.

I have no rain gear because when rain is forecast, I don't set up a game. But if it is forecast on July 11, I'll be getting some rain gear!

I won a sun mountain jacket that I am extremely impressed with. Doesn't even seem waterproof as it's so flexible, but it is 100% waterproof and allows for smooth swinging in the rain. http://www.budgetgolf.com/Sun-Mount...1UKSroj0Drpm012ILw2PCvDxs0KQlRU3GchoCDmjw_wcB

Glad to hear this as I just bought the short sleeve version of this. Everytime I went in to the store I just couldn't go past it without checking it out and finally broke down and bought it. I really like the feel of the material and it is super quiet and flexible.

Moved over to Golf Style
A lot of people love Galvin Green, but my rain gear from them is not as good as my stuff from Cross. Sunice makes quality stuff as well and is closer for me to Galvin Green. I find the Cross stuff more comfortable and still really well done water wise.

The latest from Nike is solid, however its very heavy and hot.
I agree on the nike, bought the Nike pants here in NC and they keep you very dry but will be way to hot when it warms up

Back