TPC Harding Park in San Francisco

Ron S

Reaction score
Handicap
Just finished 18 holes at TPC Harding Park (thanks for joining me fellow THP'er mancest!). They've started setting up some grand stands which I assume are for the WGC Cadillac Match Play Tournament at the end of April. Some rough areas were roped off for grounds work. Aside from that, the course was otherwise in decent shape. The weather was fantastic.

This was my first time on this course. In terms of the design, layout and setting of the course, I thought the front nine was pretty plain, but I really liked the back nine. The last few holes play alongside Lake Merced, which makes for a nice backdrop but the lake itself doesn't ever really come into play. The 18th hole makes for a nice signature hole to cap off the course - a long (for me) par 4 with the lake on the left, a little dog-leg left, and what seemed like a tough green to hit.

This was also my first time on any golf course in around 15 years. After shooting a 10 on the first hole (which was actually the par 5 10th because we started on the back nine), I nearly wanted to leave and go home. Well 16 holes later, and 1 mulligan, 2 penalty shots for lost balls, 2 FIR, 4 GIR, 4 pars and no birdies, I went up-and-down on the final hole with what I think was around a 10 foot putt (the only hole I one-putted) to save par (so 5 pars total). *fist pump* Fantastic way to end the round. Can't wait for another opportunity to take a day off from work and play golf instead! I actually live across the street from Lake Merced so this will be my home course.

Golf is always a better use of time than work. Glad you had a good time out there after the first hole!

That sounds like a lot if fun. First time on a course in 15 years and it's a fun track, with a THPr and you got to play hooky from work. Nice!

Sounds like a good time all around! I'd like to play that track sometime.

First time on a course in 15 years?! And you still shot better than I would of Lol. Sounds like you had a blast!

Ron has a nice swing, he is going to be crushing it regularly now.

A couple of those pars were dang close to birdies too.

Can't wait to get out and do it again, will post a couple pictures I snapped. Wanted to get more, but Arccos was draining my battery....

Isn't it great how the golf gods give you a tease on the final hole, just to set the hook a bit deeper.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

87f412d3f1b616266aa8b6bbf34cf306.jpg

10afbbd33c2159650ae94b32e1218764.jpg

0b5f93ee1c333ba129ca2cd884c7bdd1.jpg

Would have got more, but I was draining my battery really quickly with it being a work day and Arccos running

Thanks for the pics, I can see why you didn't mind missing work.

the last one is 18 and you can see where they are building the stands for the match play. the first ones I can't remember which hole they were on, but you can see San Francisco to the left. On the 12th hole I think, I yanked one left into the street...

My heart was in my chest as I was waiting for the screech of brakes and a car crash... luckily nothing came of it, I proceeded to slice my 2nd shot off to the right and got moving.

the last one is 18 and you can see where they are building the stands for the match play. the first ones I can't remember which hole they were on, but you can see San Francisco to the left. On the 12th hole I think, I yanked one left into the street...

My heart was in my chest as I was waiting for the screech of brakes and a car crash... luckily nothing came of it, I proceeded to slice my 2nd shot off to the right and got moving.
That's course management right there! :act-up:

Back