Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review Thread

I went with my normal gamers, KBS tour in X flex. Thinking it will be a pretty lethal combo.

I game the tour 130x now in my mp54. Dis you hit this with the tour v 120x? If so what differences dis you see?

The v2's in X would be a great combo for some. I'd love to know what that combo looks like after getting a little stronger where I could support a bit of a stronger swing without losing my balance and rhythm.

I game the tour 130x now in my mp54. Dis you hit this with the tour v 120x? If so what differences dis you see?

They were just to light for me. Like Freddie said I just saw a lot of left to right movement. Much more than normal. It's not a knock in the shafts but just isn't for my swing.

Thinking about getting the 8-p in the pro....

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

Last edited:
They were just to light for me. Like Freddie said I just saw a lot of left to right movement. Much more than normal. It's not a knock in the shafts but just isn't for my swing.

I like heavier shafts too. So you saw that much differences in 10g? Lol what am I saying. .. I see a lot of difference between 70g and 80g shafts

Thinking about getting the 8-p in the pro....

Tapping away on my Galaxy 2 Note

You won't be disappointed. They're deadly accurate when you put a half decent swing on them.

Just hit the 5,7 & 9 w/ KBS stock stiff shaft at a Demo day at my friends club, they are really nice, solid club, great feel, will probably get the Pro's over the Apex which I tried as well, liked the feel of the pro better.

Tried them at Golfsmith and really liked the look and feel. I did not notice if it was the pro or not as I did not know there were two versions.

Just hit the 5,7 & 9 w/ KBS stock stiff shaft at a Demo day at my friends club, they are really nice, solid club, great feel, will probably get the Pro's over the Apex which I tried as well, liked the feel of the pro better.
What about the feel stood out to you between the two?

What about the feel stood out to you between the two?

Well first off I should they are both really nice clubs, you can't wrong with either but the Pro just felt more solid, from the 1st Apex pro 9 iron I hit it was solid, 7 & 5 as well, the Rep handed me an Apex 7 iron & told me he recently did a demo day and quite a few lower handicap guys like the Apex so I hit a few & it just did not feel the same, now this was not a full blown fitting & perhaps i did not give the Apex its due, but after hitting the pro's I just knew if i decide to get new irons the pro's would be it.

I haven't seen the pros in any of the fitting carts yet.

I was at Edwin Watts the other day and the guy started pushing the Apex irons on me. I just chuckled and said I have the pros already in the bag. He told me those weren't released but he would have them soon if I want them. I reminded him I already had them in the bag.

He then asked my thoughts and we got talking all about them. He said the pros were the best iron he's hit this year and he just loved what Callaway was doing. He told me to bring mine in and we will get them on the trackman to get some numbers!

I'm super excited to go hit them finally.

I was at Edwin Watts the other day and the guy started pushing the Apex irons on me. I just chuckled and said I have the pros already in the bag. He told me those weren't released but he would have them soon if I want them. I reminded him I already had them in the bag.

He then asked my thoughts and we got talking all about them. He said the pros were the best iron he's hit this year and he just loved what Callaway was doing. He told me to bring mine in and we will get them on the trackman to get some numbers!

I'm super excited to go hit them finally.

That is good to hear. I know you have been dying to try them out.

That is good to hear. I know you have been dying to try them out.

You have no idea! Had they gotten to me 2 days earlier I would have played 27 holes with them. The winter set in the day I got them. I constantly take them out and just stare at them lol.

You have no idea! Had they gotten to me 2 days earlier I would have played 27 holes with them. The winter set in the day I got them. I constantly take them out and just stare at them lol.

I would probably lose my mind havinga new set of clubs just sitting around not being able to play. I think you need another trip to Florida. What shafts did you get?

I would probably lose my mind havinga new set of clubs just sitting around not being able to play. I think you need another trip to Florida. What shafts did you get?

I'd love a trip to Florida but not sure finances will permit this year.

I went with the KBS Tour V2 in stiff.

Quick update with my experience so far with the 8-PW. I played yesterday and had another day of solid ball striking. I am feeling confident with these.

I used either the 8 or 9 iron on the 4 par 3s I played. 3 of the 4 swings, I hit it fairly tight, converting 2 of the 3 birdie putts and burning the edge on another. I am seeing a nice, draw with these. Every once in a while, I will overcook it and put too much right to left on it. That is my usual miss but the dispersion is still tighter than what I was seeing before. Distance is on par with my i20s. I am having no issues with control on 3/4 swings or knock down shots when I need to hit them.

My curiosity is starting to get to me. Is it the pairing in these that is making the dispersion tight? Or is it any shaft that goes in that head?

My curiosity is starting to get to me. Is it the pairing in these that is making the dispersion tight? Or is it any shaft that goes in that head?

I think it is a little bit of both for me. I think these have a little less offset than my i20s, which may suit my eye better and with the KBS Tour V, I am seeing a more penetrating ball flight. I am wondering though if I should have not gone with an X flex though to maybe minimize some of right to left I see.

A side of me wants to find out but the other side is like hell no, I like this combo quite a bit

A side of me wants to find out but the other side is like hell no, I like this combo quite a bit

What setup did you end up going with?

The right shaft combined with progressive CoGs on the irons are what made these the irons for me during my fitting. Was just able to control the trajectory and distance so well with the Nippons.

What setup did you end up going with?

5-pw with the V2's in stiff. It's a shaft I really like and just don't know if the blend of the two is what's making this so good. Hard to argue with the stat increases I'm seeing (which will be mentioned in my next review, I just want one more round to give myself a solid average)

Back