Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best shot today was when I closed the car door and left. It was a rough one. I guess my real best shot was I stuck a 7i into the wind from 155 to 4 feet after punching out of the woods.

Best shot from my round this weekend was an approach to a Par 4. I had 148 into the pin, pretty uphill shot with some wind blowing into me. Flag was tucked into the back left corner of the green. I hit a draw with a 7i that held up into the wind and started drawing towards the flag on the descent. It ended up about two feet away, and I made the kick-in birdie.

I'm not a real long hitter, so today was a lot of fun. I had my driver working and was hitting solid draws and fades at will. My two best shots came on a 504 yard Par 5. Piped my driver about 285 into the middle, then took 4 wood and rolled it onto the front. On in two is not a normal part of my game!

This is a weird one but here goes:
The best shot of my round today is an approach shot that didn't even hit the green in reg. Par 4 10th is a 432 yarder that was playing directly into a fierce wind today and I hit a good drive leaving 186 to a left/front pin tucked in behind a pond on a tiny portion edge of the green. I set up for a big draw and pull 5 iron expecting to come up about 10-15 yards short and have a safe landing area from which to chip up.
I hit the sexiest, best feeling 5 iron I've hit in what feels like years. Piercing flight, high swooping draw, barely even felt the ball hit the clubface...this shot had it all. Majestic flight that landed just off the left of the green 1 yard beyond the pin and 2 yards left. It has been far too long since I've hit a pure iron like that.

I'm not a real long hitter, so today was a lot of fun. I had my driver working and was hitting solid draws and fades at will. My two best shots came on a 504 yard Par 5. Piped my driver about 285 into the middle, then took 4 wood and rolled it onto the front. On in two is not a normal part of my game!

I love when it all comes together, even if it's only for 1 hole!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

My best shot from today was actually a bunker shot. On #11, there is a small but deep pot bunker at the front of the green that is normally death to those who get stuck in it, especially if you're at the front of the bunker because it's 6' straight up to the green. The pin was also tucked behind the bunker, short-siding anyone who's stuck in there. I've seen people take 8 shots to get out of this bunker before.

I ended up about 2' front the lip, which is a super tough bunker shot, but at least there's a chance from there. I opened up the face on my 58 as much as possible, and swung hard. Got the nice thump from the bounce hitting the sand and the ball flew straight up and out of the bunker, ending up about 3' from the pin. It was a brief moment of joy in today's round.

Rancho Solano #17 Par 5. Normally do fairly well on the hole with either a par or a birdie, yet today the hole had my number.

Wayward shot into the rough off the tee, bad shot out x2 to fairway, 3-wood up to sand bunker on right, 85yd sand shot out to a green bigger than most front yards landing 50ft away.

Struggling all day with a putter and lined up my putt. Perfect read, perfect tempo, dead center of the cup for a one-putt.

Playing yesterday, had a nightmare 2nd and 3rd hole. Par 4 4th, 3rd shot ended 57 yards from the front of the green, the flag was 3/4's back and to the left side. Around 60 yards to the flag, I thought I've been practicing this on the range, asked for my sand wedge, relaxed set up properly and swung, the ball went high, landed just past the flag on the left of the green and rolled back down the slope into the hole to make par. My wife called across where's your ball, I said in the hole she laughed disbelievingly, her caddie ran up to the hole and shouted back its in the hole. No one had seen me hit it. Best and luckiest shot I've ever played, rest of the round was as bad as the 2nd and 3rd holes, but that shot made up for the rest.

I hit a few good shots today with the best being a 90 yard approach on a par 5 with the 54 degree Vokey. I took a nice easy 3/4 swing, it hit a foot in front of the hole and stopped an inch from going in. That is the kind of birdie putt I like.

54* Tour Trusty from 118 to 2 feet. Actually dropped and came back about 3 inches.

I was excited. Kick in birdie.

Best Shot Of Your Round

4h from 186 on par 3 to pin high 12 feet right. Won't discuss the ensuing putts.

A low, snap hook 7 iron punch from about 120 out of the trees to the fringe. Had to hit that shot due to a pull hooked drive....

I'm not sure actually..

Had a 4 iron into about 35mph wind from maybe 135 yards that ended up 3-3.5feet behind the pin. Also holed a bunkershot and[/] had an awesome low drive into the wind that was way over 240yards.

Apart from me hitting two balls into the water I had an awesome round :)

4h from 186 on par 3 to pin high 12 feet right. Won't discuss the ensuing putts.

My non counting shot, that would have assisted your non counting hole in one was better!

First ever successful flop shot in a round. My approach on the long par 4 third landed in the rough about 12 yards from the hole, but the front left pin placement left me very little green to work with. Opened the 59° Trusty Rusty, opened my stance, popped it very high and dropped it right on the fringe to roll within 4' and left me an easy save for par.

Last round of the year. The second hole is about 380. I was 119 yards out on the second hole, a par 4. I hit a gap wedge as hard as I could. It stuck 2 inches behind the hole for a tap in birdie. .

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

38 foot birdie putt.

A difficult pitch and run from the left rough with the pin in a ridge on the right side of the green. Lose it right and have a 20+ footer up and over the ridge for par. Judged distance and break right and pitched a 9 iron bump and run to about a foot.

Nothing dramatic today.

From 117 I hit a 52* wedge to 2 inches for a tap-in birdie.

Damn son. Left you a tough putt huh? :p

Double crossed myself on an approach and left myself pin high about 20 yards left of the pin in rough between some mounds to a pin on a downslope - perfect lob wedge landed soft and trickled down and just missed the edge of the cup before stopping a couple of inches behind the hole for an easy tap-in par.

Double crossed myself on an approach and left myself pin high about 20 yards left of the pin in rough between some mounds to a pin on a downslope - perfect lob wedge landed soft and trickled down and just missed the edge of the cup before stopping a couple of inches behind the hole for an easy tap-in par.

Nice recovery! The double cross sucks!

Damn son. Left you a tough putt huh? :p
It was basically the same shot I hit on Saturday on that par 5. I'm throwing darts with the 52 lately and I'm hoping it continues into say April...

It was basically the same shot I hit on Saturday on that par 5. I'm throwing darts with the 52 lately and I'm hoping it continues into say April...

Even if you are, I plan on being lights out with the short clubs as well come April...IT'S ON :cool:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back