Waking up early on Christmas morning....

My kids are 5 and 3, so I'm happy to wake up after 6 tomorrow morning. It's worth it to see them so excited, though. On the way home from Church, my daughter had a conversation with my wife that went like this:

Rebecca (my wife): Abigail (3), you need to get in bed so Santa can come.
Abigail: He's coming at 2:30.
Rebecca: How do you know?
Abigail, matter of factly: I Skyped with him.

I love my kids. And the idea that I've only got a couple years left of my son believing in Santa Claus kinda bums me out. Especially because once he stops believing, my daughter will puzzle it out soon after. I don't remember how old I was when I stopped believing in Santa, but I know my kids are running out of winter magic.

I'll be up at my usual time...5:00am. Although I am in a bit of a meat coma so maybe 6:00.

Probably 7-7:30ish. The older ones are teenagers now, so they're pretty much zombies, but the 11-year old will roll out early. Good news this year is he finally figured out that we are Santa, so I don't have to bring presents up after midnight & put them around the tree.

Up at 7am. She doesn't really understand yet but she is having fun.

byzeqese.jpg

With the grand kids and great grandson living so far away our day won't start until 11-12 when they get here. I miss those days of getting up at the crack of dawn and the kids excitedly tearing into their gifts. Enjoy these days folks, they are great memories.

Up now. Is that early

I am awake. Waiting on my brother and two sisters. Merry Christmas everyone

Still waiting on my 12 year old and wife to get up... I have already made country ham and biscuits and just waiting for the excitement to commence.

The carnage is over

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1387977667.476000.jpg

It has begun

My 13 yo got me up around 5:30, he said he had been up for an hour at that point lol.

No kids here. So we slept in till 7:00 (we both normally get up at 4:45.)

I went down for a workout, we'll have a nice quiet traditional breakfast of Cinnamon rolls and bacon. Then this afternoon head over to her mothers house where her brother and sister will be with their kids and grand kids.

So I most likely will be off line most of the day.

Happy Holidays to everyone and travel safe of you're on the road.

Reaction to getting Galaxy Vans from Santa: PRICELESS

20131225_083428_zpsf99ba729.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

French Toast roll ups courtesy of my Mrs. Claus. Some have Nutella, some have PB&j, and some have cream cheese. So freaking good.

y9ezugap.jpg

French Toast roll ups courtesy of my Mrs. Claus. Some have Nutella, some have PB&j, and some have cream cheese. So freaking good.

y9ezugap.jpg

My mouth is watering.

We just finished a delicious breakfast and topped that up with some cinnamon rolls for desert . Fantastic first Christmas with the new Grand baby ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been awake since 6!! Still waiting for my 5 year old to wake up. I wanna open my presents!!!!!!! LOL

For the first time in a month the boys woke up during the night. So it was 3:30, and then 5:30 for us. Guess they were on the lookout for Santa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back