Playstation 4 & PS4 Games

No, but neither system is. I still have my PS3 (as do many ps4 owners) if I hadn't already beaten infinite I would definitely be downloading it.

That's great that you still have yours. I gave mine to someone who didn't have one. far be it from me to expect that all the sweet games released from PS Plus would be on a system that's outdated.

Reading through the comments on Playstation's site for the december release (with zero PS4 games) is hilarious. Every 3rd-4th comment has to do with a lack of PS4 games, which they ignore, and then answer questions around them regarding other things. So funny. I love that people call them out for it, and I love it even more than they openly ignore them.

I think a lot of people have short term memories. When was the last console release that had a flurry of new games in each subsequent month after release?

I think a lot of people have short term memories. When was the last console release that had a flurry of new games in each subsequent month after release?

When was the last time Playstation charged for people to play online at console release and claimed they'd be hooking them up with free games because of that sweet, sweet membership?

It seems like PS can do no wrong to you. If the service isn't improved, how is the charge not just a money grab?

It is the fact they are now charging for online. What have they improved online in your eyes? It cannot be friend requests, inviting to games or chat, because it is slow and the exact same.. I am just curious what you feel like they have done to warrant charging for online play

When was the last time Playstation charged for people to play online at console release and claimed they'd be hooking them up with free games because of that sweet, sweet membership?

It seems like PS can do no wrong to you.

Wow dude, this isn't about playstation. This is about next gen in general. But sure, this is about me defending sony some how.

Trade in your PS4 and get an XBox One then?

Wow dude, this isn't about playstation. This is about next gen in general. But sure, this is about me defending sony some how.

Trade in your PS4 and get an XBox One then?

Why would you compare next-gen to next-gen? It's a 5-7 year gap in tech.
Why would I trade in my PS4?
Why won't playstation respond to people with fair questions on their little announcements about previous-gen free games?
Why are people paying for an online service now vs a year ago?

It is the fact they are now charging for online. What have they improved online in your eyes? It cannot be friend requests, inviting to games or chat, because it is slow and the exact same.. I am just curious what you feel like they have done to warrant charging for online play

It costs money to run a system. You get content on all 3 sony platforms via ps+ because the only platform you have hasn't received tons of free stuff yet (again, less than 2 months old) isn't that big of a deal

Are friend requests slow? Yes?
Party system slow? Sure

Game breaking? No
Make me angry? No

I just don't understand the reason for the anger.

It costs money to run a system. You get content on all 3 sony platforms via ps+ because the only platform you have hasn't received tons of free stuff yet (again, less than 2 months old) isn't that big of a deal

Are friend requests slow? Yes?
Party system slow? Sure

Game breaking? No
Make me angry? No

I just don't understand the reason for the anger.

I am simply asking what makes it worth 50 bucks a month on PS4. We were promised an improved online experience, but do you really believe that is the case? I am not angry, just curious

I am simply asking what makes it worth 50 bucks a month on PS4. We were promised an improved online experience, but do you really believe that is the case? I am not angry, just curious

The overall experience thus far, yes. PS3 was so awful online. Server issues + non-intuitive menus.

PS4 has fixed that, but I agree that many functions could be much "snappier" still.

They needed to go to a paid model to get to the level of xboxlive in terms of quality of service. I feel as if they are more than on their way. Is there room for improvement? Absolutely. Is there a lack of free content right now? Yes. Will it improve? Yes.

Fair enough, not looking for an argument just an assessment of what we have seen thus far. I don't think currently it is worth paying them for, but hopefully that will change. Regardless, seeing as I play most of my games online I don't really have a choice haha

Fair enough, not looking for an argument just an assessment of what we have seen thus far. I don't think currently it is worth paying them for, but hopefully that will change. Regardless, seeing as I play most of my games online I don't really have a choice haha

Not defending sony here, just talking apples to apples comparison - it is really a shame what Microsoft did to their dashboard and friend/party interface. Big step back. I understand things need to evolve, but I felt like XB1 went backwards in this regard.

I think you are all doodie heads and I cant wait to smack talk you.

It is a shame there will be no tiger woods this year for me to whoop you in.

As if that matters. Golf isnt a sport.

I will be whooping Dev in every game I own

And we shall share many laughs while doing it. Not gonna lie. 95% of the reason I got a PS4 was so I can become best friends with Buck. But he never posts anymore.

And we shall share many laughs while doing it. Not gonna lie. 95% of the reason I got a PS4 was so I can become best friends with Buck. But he never posts anymore.

I guess I am chopped liver. No biggie

just wait for drunk buck via PS4

I guess I am chopped liver. No biggie

just wait for drunk buck via PS4

drunk buck is epic unless aliens are eating your brains and i'm across the map trying to find a scope for my pistol!

Also i finally won 2 games of madden online to 10 year olds who obviously got the game for christmas yesterday it was the best day of my life!

drunk buck is epic unless aliens are eating your brains and i'm across the map trying to find a scope for my pistol!

Also i finally won 2 games of madden online to 10 year olds who obviously got the game for christmas yesterday it was the best day of my life!

Or maybe you are just getting good!

I will be creating a new league once Dev gets this thing finally

I see where Canadan and TH are coming from and I completely agree. That was the biggest disappointment for me when I was deciding between consoles when I heard that I would have to start paying for online service. While the online service is the same, PS3 suddenly starts getting all these sweet games for free. So Sony is basically saying "Thank you for investing your $ into the PS4, and on behalf of all the consumers still playing PS3 they want to thank you also for your investment into their new free games, without your support we couldn't offer those games to them. We look forward to servicing you in the FUTURE." $50 is a lot of money for some people, especially since they just invested $400 for a system and at least $60 toward a game. While I think the PS4 is definitely a stronger system between the next gen systems, I almost didnt pull the trigger because I saw the lack of games being released over the next few months. The least they could do is make the games that are downloadable on PS3 compatible with the PS4. If these were disc-based games I could see how difficult that may be, but since these are just digital games I don't see how it could be that hard to make it playable on a PS4. That would be like downloading a movie onto a 2nd gen iPod Touch and then buying a new iPod Touch and being told I cant watch the movie on that one because the hardware just isnt the same.

hahahahaha thats hilarious dude. You know what they say though, a W is a W. I can just picture you trash talking them and swearing at them up and down during the game, those 10 year olds probably had nightmares.

Back