The Official THP Biggest Loser Contest--ITS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weight sent in. Down 3 pounds last week, up 3 pounds this week. Darn you Holidays!

Weight sent in. Down 3 pounds last week, up 3 pounds this week. Darn you Holidays!

Yep. I'm pretty sure I'm up at least a couple of pounds - we'll find out when I weigh-in tonight.

I don't. People thinking it is not important to get their weights in, in a timely manner have soured me on this. MD441 is doing this because we supposedly want it, and when you have about 10 people a week who can't get on a scale sucks, and is not fair to him to have to wait on people, and likely the same people, every week.

Maybe restructure it a bit? Weights have a due time. 24hr reprieve if you post to the thread requesting time due to circumstances. Otherwise, you're dropped.

Lots of weights coming in so far today, keep em coming!

E-mail sent.

Up to 244. Not as bad as I thought it would be, as I have settled into a couple of Christmas dinners like a 3 day rain storm, and the U of R fitness centre is closed until the 3rd. So no proper exercise for a while.

E-mail sent.

Up to 244. Not as bad as I thought it would be, as I have settled into a couple of Christmas dinners like a 3 day rain storm, and the U of R fitness centre is closed until the 3rd. So no proper exercise for a while.

Why would the University close the fitness centre? Thats bonkers to me. There has to be some students still in residence that could use the facilities...

I'm back to working out and gonna try to end this thing down from when I started, even if by .1 lbs.

18.3 GAIN for the group. Huge congrats to anyone that managed to lose anything at all around the holidays, its a million times harder to do so. 1 Week to go, but I am pondering starting a new one with the new year upon us and some interest from people not involved in this one.

Forum NameLbs Lost% Loss% Loss Total
Malemotives-2.6-1.47%-19.34%
Parshooter36-3-1.39%-11.22%
Jmanni62-1-0.37%-7.83%
Rob Wedge2.21.00%-7.23%
Nu72000.00%-7.16%
Fireitup0.80.36%-7.07%
Rambler0.80.40%-5.99%
McRock0.50.32%-5.22%
Mmaynard11-1.1-0.61%-4.56%
JB10.53%-4.37%
War Eagle-1-0.52%-3.69%
Braddman192.21.17%-3.25%
Robman7-1.2-0.64%-3.19%
Grins00.00%-2.18%
CAA_Beat00.00%-2.14%
LeftySean10.41%-2.00%
Woody_7400.00%-1.85%
Cpljohnst1.50.70%-1.79%
P4B4.21.84%-1.49%
Just_Hacking-0.2-0.10%-1.18%
Golfergal10.77%-1.09%
Kutros00.00%-0.62%
AngryYankee51.87%-0.52%
Mikedean441-0.5-0.21%-0.41%
Smallville0.50.29%-0.33%
O'Carroll31.37%-0.24%
Michigan Slice-1.2-0.41%0.43%
Salisboss00.00%0.57%
Nebgolfer6.42.32%1.91%
TOTAL GAIN18.3

Definitely great work by anyone who lost weight. I am interested in doing this again. The holidays got to me more than I had hoped this year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back to the bottom... le sigh. I would do another one on the condition that people who don't get their weights in by the end of Monday get dropped. It was ridiculous for you having to wait for days to get weights and to keep reminding people. I haven't done as well as I had hoped, but I know it helped me stay the course better than if I was going it alone, so that's a plus.

Thanks for organizing this, Mike. I know you're really busy so it means even more that you took the time to help us all manage our weight during a difficult time of year.

I blame Elf on a Shelf for the added pounds.

Back to the bottom... le sigh. I would do another one on the condition that people who don't get their weights in by the end of Monday get dropped. It was ridiculous for you having to wait for days to get weights and to keep reminding people. I haven't done as well as I had hoped, but I know it helped me stay the course better than if I was going it alone, so that's a plus.

Thanks for organizing this, Mike. I know you're really busy so it means even more that you took the time to help us all manage our weight during a difficult time of year.

What he said!! Thanks Mike.

I echo this! I really appreciate Mike for organizing the contest, and for having a lot more patience than I would for late entries!

I know it's been frustrating with the late weigh ins, but I would still be up for another round. I'm only halfway to where I want to be, and the weekly weigh ins help keep me on track. Not only that, but the 1st of the year is when people typically diet, so hopefully the participation would be better this time around.

After completely dropping the ball, and not any pounds, during this one, I'm really hoping you do another.

Job well done for anyone who lost weight last week!

I'm glad I am not the only one who this bothered. I know others didn't like it either, but I voiced my opinion about it quite often. Looks like it worked this week since it is only Tuesday and we have a full list of weigh ins!

I do think I am done after next week though. I have stayed right about where I started and about where I was in the time between when the last one ended and this one started. I think this is the weight I am supposed to be, no matter how much I pig out or how much I watch what I am doing. I tend to stay in the 165-175 range and am right in the middle now!

Thanks for doing this, Mike, and hope the next one, if you do another, goes smoother!

I hope a new one get's started next year, I didn't do this set because of a hectic work schedule, but it worked for me the last time I did the THP biggest loser contest and I plan on whipping myself into shape in 2014.

I'M IN!!!

I enjoyed this . It gave me motivation to reach my goal. I wanted to get to 168. I made it to 174, from a starting weigh of 212. Thanks all for the motivation. I feel great. Walking golf courses is so much easier these days. Thanks Mike, for all the work you put into this.

I enjoyed this . It gave me motivation to reach my goal. I wanted to get to 168. I made it to 174, from a starting weigh of 212. Thanks all for the motivation. I feel great. Walking golf courses is so much easier these days. Thanks Mike, for all the work you put into this.

Man, you absolutely killed it. 38 lbs in 8 weeks is insane, great job!

If you start another for the new year Mike, definitely count me in. The accountability and support offered by the members is just awesome.

2014 brings a new determination to lose weight, be healthier, and feel better.

Why would the University close the fitness centre? Thats bonkers to me. There has to be some students still in residence that could use the facilities...

Students, and Alumni like myself. It's a well used facility. I assume it helps them stretch the budget a little, but they still have to heat the facility and the custodial staff still shows up for work, so I can't imagine there's all that much to be saved by closing for more than a week.

I didn't quite reach my goals, so I'm going to keep the diet/exercise routine going. I'd be up for another challenge! Thanks for putting this together, Mike!

final weekend of the contest!

Really hoping to finish strong. Need to pull it together here for the next 3 days.

Really hoping to finish strong. Need to pull it together here for the next 3 days.

Same here. Christmas wrecked my progress and I need to spend the weekend getting it back. I'm not expecting large losses, but I just want to end up lower than where I started.

I really really want to see a loss here in this final week. Just to show myself that I went off track, but that I can still get back onto it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back