The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I plan to roll into SC in July 50 pounds lighter and <3 on my handicap. Workouts and training start bright and early tomorrow.

Going 20 lbs and 2-5 on the index...first one is easy.. second will take much more work ..

It is so crazy to see how the MC changes peoples lives. It gives dudes a new motivation to not just become a better golfer but to be better all around. This event really does go beyond golf and it is fun to watch it all unfold.

Tomorrow is a brand new day. I plan to roll into SC in July 50 pounds lighter and <3 on my handicap. Workouts and training start bright and early tomorrow.

I love hearing that man.

#THPMC making everyone step up their game!

#THPMC making everyone step up their game!

Looking at the quality of the guys on Team TaylorMade alone is enough to make you want to get better.

Don't start tomorrow, start right now. You should wake up tomorrow sore from your workout and knowing that the only part of your workout that's going to quit after a few weeks is the pain from starting to work out.

Don't start tomorrow, start right now. You should wake up tomorrow sore from your workout and knowing that the only part of your workout that's going to quit after a few weeks is the pain from starting to work out.

My staff might get weirded out if I strip down to my compression shorts and start doing core exercises. :banana:

Going 20 lbs and 2-5 on the index...first one is easy.. second will take much more work ..

I'm already down 25 lbs thanks to the THP biggest loser contest that started in November, but I would like to lose another 35 lbs. I would love, love, love to take 5 off of my handicap and come the MC with a single digit handicap. I have no idea if that's realistic, but I am sure going to try!

My staff might get weirded out if I strip down to my compression shorts and start doing core exercises. :banana:

Work out when you get home haha

I'm already down 25 lbs thanks to the THP biggest loser contest that started in November, but I would like to lose another 35 lbs. I would love, love, love to take 5 off of my handicap and come the MC with a single digit handicap. I have no idea if that's realistic, but I am sure going to try!

That is realistic bro. You got it!

I'm taking my prepping for the MC trough physical training and practicing golf instead of trying to play as many rounds as possible. Last year (2013) I played 100+ rounds, 2014 I'm more happy and hopefully a better player if I take 100-250 hours of practice and play 50 rounds.

10 pounds less body fat and 3 strokes shaved.

It is so crazy to see how the MC changes peoples lives. It gives dudes a new motivation to not just become a better golfer but to be better all around. This event really does go beyond golf and it is fun to watch it all unfold.

Totally true my man. It changes you in many many ways

Have been processing my goals and I MUST lose 10 lbs. PERIOD! When I quit Smoking, I was like, boy am I glad I didn't gain weight like all those other people. Then I woke up one day and I'm like "where did that food baby come from?", so that's number one. Cardio and stretching while strengthening my core. Was on the verge of making some breakthroughs in the Summer and the Fall turned out pretty well too. Especially with the driver. I REALLY want to bring out the best in my SECOND shot game. This can only be done with trips to the range and purposeful practice with my irons and Hybrids. This will happen! I would really like to find an instructor that will work with what I have. I have always found excuses to NOT do this. MC 2014 has changed that. Each and every round will have meaning this season as practice for the Cup. I want to THINK my way around every course and every round I play. Finally, short game, short game, SHORT GAME. From what I remember and from what people are saying, you MUST be able to get up and down in the Morgan Cup.

This is the beginning of the changing of how I approach my game, my swing, and my body. Now let's go.

#BOOM!

JM

Man I need to get into the MC and then I can chat with all you guys. #wouldbeawesome

Man I need to get into the MC and then I can chat with all you guys. #wouldbeawesome

Whether you get in or not, we are here to represent THP and our sponsor. It is an open door policy at least for me and I am sure for everyone else. If you don't feel comfortable asking some on the forum shoot a PM. But we are always here to chat regardless.

I agree with Dev. I have always felt like I could jump into any of these MC threads and the guys were happy to discuss anything with me.

PM's from captains, sponsor interaction, banter against opponents, and with teammates, filling THP community with as much information details about the journey.........

Man that would be cool!
Like you're part of a fraternity.
Wait....... It would be!

Whether you get in or not, we are here to represent THP and our sponsor. It is an open door policy at least for me and I am sure for everyone else. If you don't feel comfortable asking some on the forum shoot a PM. But we are always here to chat regardless.
QFT, I know Dev and others truly mean this!

Echo Dev and others. I have never not felt welcome in any thread or PM. I know the tendency is to feel a bit standoffish, but this place has done nothing but give to me so I do my best to give back as much as I can.

I'm taking my prepping for the MC trough physical training and practicing golf instead of trying to play as many rounds as possible. Last year (2013) I played 100+ rounds, 2014 I'm more happy and hopefully a better player if I take 100-250 hours of practice and play 50 rounds.

10 pounds less body fat and 3 strokes shaved.

That is a lot of rounds. I've been trying to practice more, but it's hard. It's so much fun to play.

Have been processing my goals and I MUST lose 10 lbs. PERIOD! When I quit Smoking, I was like, boy am I glad I didn't gain weight like all those other people. Then I woke up one day and I'm like "where did that food baby come from?", so that's number one. Cardio and stretching while strengthening my core. Was on the verge of making some breakthroughs in the Summer and the Fall turned out pretty well too. Especially with the driver. I REALLY want to bring out the best in my SECOND shot game. This can only be done with trips to the range and purposeful practice with my irons and Hybrids. This will happen! I would really like to find an instructor that will work with what I have. I have always found excuses to NOT do this. MC 2014 has changed that. Each and every round will have meaning this season as practice for the Cup. I want to THINK my way around every course and every round I play. Finally, short game, short game, SHORT GAME. From what I remember and from what people are saying, you MUST be able to get up and down in the Morgan Cup.

This is the beginning of the changing of how I approach my game, my swing, and my body. Now let's go.

#BOOM!

JM

I love reading about how the MC motivates people--gets me amped too.

I think it's realistic for me to set a goal of getting my handicap to scratch. To get there, I'm going to continue to work with my teacher, increase my range time and really focus on dialing in my short game. To get over the hump, I know I'm gonna have to improve my course management and mental game as well. I've got to learn when to play it safe and not to lose focus during a round. I should probably join a gym to work on strength and flexibility as well--I've never been a gym person so it may be a sign of the apocalypse if I start working out.

... I know I'm gonna have to improve my course management and mental game as well. I've got to learn when to play it safe and not to lose focus during a round...

That was what I was trying to say about THINKING my way around a course. We all pretty much KNOW the odds for a given shot based on out swing, the conditions and the state of our game at any given time. I sometimes forget to THINK about all of that before a shot.

JM

That was what I was trying to say about THINKING my way around a course. We all pretty much KNOW the odds for a given shot based on out swing, the conditions and the state of our game at any given time. I sometimes forget to THINK about all of that before a shot.

JM

I am always the guy that just goes for it because I think I can pull it off and well because it's fun to try. Going into a team competition, I am going to have factor in teammates, etc to my decision making.

I am always the guy that just goes for it because I think I can pull it off and well because it's fun to try. Going into a team competition, I am going to have factor in teammates, etc to my decision making.

This is me as well. When it's a fun round (which is basically all of my rounds) I always say go for it even on low percentage shots. I'm going to work on changing that mindset starting in the spring and hit the high percentage shots instead of always saying go for it.

For my MC prep, I've started looking into lessons, and actually emailed a pro to ask about their teaching philosophy. I'm also continuing to work on my physical fitness, and hope to be in great shape come July. Focus this winter is short game, specifically putting, and BirdieBall and SeeMore are going to help me with that. Already seeing drastic improvement.

Echo Dev and others. I have never not felt welcome in any thread or PM. I know the tendency is to feel a bit standoffish, but this place has done nothing but give to me so I do my best to give back as much as I can.

Fupresti chatted with me earlier via PM, so he means what he says.

I can honestly say I think any one of the 32 already selected seem more than willing to share their thoughts or answer any questions....well there is that Mike Dean guy...ha j/k

Rumor has it that there might be a THPer or 2 at one of the featured courses this weekend. Step ahead of the game.

Back