NHL 2013-2014 Season

Caps lose to the Ducks. Caps played a better first period but not nearly enough shots in the 2nd and 3rd to be competitive. Ovie almost tied it late but didn't cross the line after a review

Caps sure jumped out quick. The Ducks did what they've been doing of late, hang in and then start to take over. Ovi sure got close to tying it, that guy is electric. It's been a great year to be a Ducks fan!

Caps sure jumped out quick. The Ducks did what they've been doing of late, hang in and then start to take over. Ovi sure got close to tying it, that guy is electric. It's been a great year to be a Ducks fan!

Yeah I thought the Caps would make it more of a game to be honest. That first line you have is nasty they are so good. There were a couple shifts that the Caps couldn't get the puck out of the zone at all.

I will alway have a soft spot for Gabby he was a great coach just for what ever reason could not do well in the playoffs. He coached at the Caps affiliate for years and we extremely successful there as well.

On another note so happy that we get to see every team this season. I really missed that last year.

One of the wierdest goals I've ever seen for the OT GW in the Coyotes@Sabres game.

Got tickets for the Caps vs. Rangers game tomorrow night at the Phone Booth in DC. Really looking forward to it gonna be my first game this season.

Pre Gaming with nothing but the best! Let's Go Caps!

5yqetabu.jpg

World Junior news.

After the second period, Connor McDavid took a shot after the buzzer, the Czech player comes after McDavid, but hits the ref in trying to hit McDavid. He received a 2-min minor, nothing else. They claimed there was no intent.

What are your thoughts?

Ehh that's a tough one but it does look like there was a bit of intent. Give the guy who shot the puck an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to even it up.

Ehh that's a tough one but it does look like there was a bit of intent. Give the guy who shot the puck an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty to even it up.

I thought McDavid should have been given a 2 for unsportsmanlike. He was frustrated and had already taken two penalties earlier. I do think the Czech player should have been gone though. Generally the IIHF is super up tight about protecting their officials, yet only gives him a 2 in this situation.

Wow I can't believe that was only a minor. IIHF might say something after the game. McDavid has done this a few times in the tourney surprised he is still doing it.

Looks like all the teams are getting up to play Canada or maybe they just aren't as good as everyone here thinks. I prefer the Spengler Cup but there is almost no attention given to it.

Yeah I hear Ghost the Czech player should have pulled up there is no way he didn't see the ref there.

Wow I can't believe that was only a minor. IIHF might say something after the game. McDavid has done this a few times in the tourney surprised he is still doing it.

Looks like all the teams are getting up to play Canada or maybe they just aren't as good as everyone here thinks. I prefer the Spengler Cup but there is almost no attention given to it.

I think it's a mixture. Canada dominated for so long in the WJC, yet a lot of European countries didn't put as much into their development programs. Over the past ten years it's become a bigger thing and everyone has started developing earlier.

Love the Spangler as well. I want to go over so badly and spend Boxing Day and New Years there.

Agree and agree.

Random question but does anyone know when the rosters for the Olympic team will be announced?

Random question but does anyone know when the rosters for the Olympic team will be announced?
Goalies were announced today, don't know about the rest.

A really cool photo of the Tampa Bay Lighting in their jerseys from their past/junior teams!
1231-tbl-juniors.png

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/12/31/bolts-represent-formative-clubs.html
Hey look! A reason for me to write about the Tampa Bay Lightning! The team posted a Facebook photo on Monday morning that any Icethetics reader should love.
The Bolts assembled for this week's west coast road trip, each sporting the jersey of their junior or college level team. It made for an amazing photo and I'd love to see other teams do this. (Although maybe they have and I wasn't paying attention because they weren't the Lightning.)
If my homerism is showing a little today, I hope you can understand. The Lightning are visiting Vancouver (my nearest NHL city) this week for the first time since December 2010. And it'll be the first time I get to see my team in person since January 2012 (weirdly, that game was also against the Canucks). Thank goodness for realignment!
By the way, I've got a lot of great blog post plans in the pipeline, but expect a bit of a lull through the first couple weeks of January as I use up some of my much-needed vacation time. I anticipate JerseyWatch 2014 will debut by the end of the month!

LOL, Hedman hiding in the background. Looks like he doesn't have a jersey.

Looking forward to the Winter Classic games tomorrow, from the comfort of my couch.

If you're not watching this Canada vs. US World Junior game right now, you're missing out......what a game!

Anyone watching the Winter Classic? Zac Brown Band singing the American anthem is pretty cool.

The weather looks terrible. Gotta feel bad for Liles getting pulled off during warm up because of the trade.

The weather looks terrible. Gotta feel bad for Liles getting pulled off during warm up because of the trade.

That was ruthless. But that's pro sports I guess.

Back