Your State Ranking

This article and ranking makes as much sense and has as much value as the Golf Digest course rankings....absolutely none.
After reading the article and the writers ramblings, that is 5 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
:spam::spam::spam:

Tennessee is too high.

I live 9 miles from downtown Los Angeles on a golf course, there are two more within 3 miles from my house. 20 miles south there are 9 more. One can play virtually year round with the weather we have. I don't play in Majors so that does not matter to me. With mid to low humidity what's not to like? If I want to make it feel like a Major I order an " Arnold Palmer", hitch up my pants and take a slash at the ball like it was a rattle snake or at least I used to. Number 5 ??.

I love #18, NJ. "Get your heart stolen at Pine Valley, and your car stolen in Newark."

But would you have your car stolen if it meant being able to play PV?

I love the California weather but I much prefer the affordable access to dozens of great golf courses that is easy to find in Wisconsin and Minnesota. That's why I will be spending my summers in retirement there.
But they are inaccessible from what, Nov - March? I've not experienced it myself but friends have told me about the brutal summer humidity and mosquitos. Growing up in So Cal it was year round play with a million options all around. Add in the incredible SD, Monterrey, LA and Palm Springs area courses; 4-6 regular tour stops; majors regularly held at Olympic, Pebble and Torrey Pines; multiple LPGA tour stops, including a major; and a whole lot more. To me it isn't even close.

But they are inaccessible from what, Nov - March? I've not experienced it myself but friends have told me about the brutal summer humidity and mosquitos. Growing up in So Cal it was year round play with a million options all around. Add in the incredible SD, Monterrey, LA and Palm Springs area courses; 4-6 regular tour stops; majors regularly held at Olympic, Pebble and Torrey Pines; multiple LPGA tour stops, including a major; and a whole lot more. To me it isn't even close.

Minnesota and New York are the only states to have held all the USGA championships. The PGA Championship is in a Wisconsin this year and the Ryder Cup is in Minnesota next year. If you had any experience playing golf in Minnesota or a Wisconsin your opinion would be different. All my native California neighbors had your same attitude until they took a golf vacation with me to Northern Minnesota. Now they all rave about how the best golf of their lives was played in Minnesota.

Kansas is so unimpressive at #42 that they couldn't even be bothered to spell it correctly in the article.

Wow, SC is number 5 on the list, I thought we'd be low but some of the mid atlantic states are incredible as well. No doubt Florida should be No 1, I don't think I've ever seen so many quality courses and players in one place in my lifetime, it's golfing heaven.

Your State Ranking

Brutal humidity and Mosquitos can happen but it's not a given. And for what it's worth I played the day after Christmas and could've played up until January 2nd or so. Some courses opened around March 1st. I'll take the trade off and it's nice to take a winter vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back