The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I think that's a bit harsh. If for example your wife was on the LPGA you're telling me you wouldn't want to go out and watch her play? You'd only be there to be on tv? Some players love the moral support. I personally feel under more pressure when my wife watches me play. However I've played well and mediocre when she's watched but if I was on tour I'd want her there for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Families want to support the players and players want their families there for sure - but the "trotting" out part is mostly due to the network coverage and stories, that's all I'm saying.

Nah it's real simple and I don't care if you're a celebrity or not.

A: if you're a cheating sex addict don't have kids it isn't fair to them

B: don't sleep with your coworkers wives it's pretty disgusting.

I don't think that's too much to ask from anyone.

This type of depravity happens in all levels of life but especially in the globe trotting multi-millionaire/billionaire set. Even at lower levels just go to any Las Vegas business convention and you will see enough dirt to bury many people you had no idea had such repressed impulses and desires. I am not someone who advocates or participate in such activities but I just don't find myself either surprised or excessively angry about it happening.

I find these recent activities horrible and embarrassing for all those involved or affected, but in the end I forgive Tiger (as well as DJ for whatever the heck he may have done) and the countless others that have made horrible (non-violent) decisions in their lives and allowed their darker impulses to take over. I forgive Don Draper too.

If you found out tomorrow that he killed puppies in dog fighting or was handing out heroine would the same argument be "well, all I care about is what he does on the golf course"? Of course not. You would be outraged and think he was a scumbag. Same thing I have said throughout this entire thread for years. Everybody's threshold is different.

Or even worse... handing out heroine to puppies!!!

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

I'm hardly "excessively angry" nor do I feel most people here are.

I just choose not to root for people like this.

It's really simple. It doesn't bother you and that's fine. I'd rather see decent people succeed .

Am I an angel? Hello no. But I would never even consider doing what this guy has. So it's not like I'm standing on some imaginary moral high ground.

It's really simple. It doesn't bother you and that's fine. I'd rather see decent people succeed .

Am I an angel? Hello no. But I would never even consider doing what this guy has. So it's not like I'm standing on some imaginary moral high ground.

So why do you consistently post here? If you don't like him and don't cheer for him, why all the posts?

I find these recent activities horrible and embarrassing for all those involved or affected, but in the end I forgive Tiger (as well as DJ for whatever the heck he may have done) and the countless others that have made horrible (non-violent) decisions in their lives and allowed their darker impulses to take over.
I feel no need to forgive them, as they personally haven't done anything to slight me. However, I do find Tiger a bit tough to stomach. Do I realize that he's good for the game of golf? Yes I do. Do I think he lacks scruples and that he and Lance Armstrong are two peas in a pod? I do. Does it still add up to great ratings? It always has.

Consistently ? Hardly.

In fact I would bet I have less than 10 posts in this entire thread. I just pointed out that not everyone who thinks the guy is a scum is some undercover paparazzi stalking him or losing sleep over his infidelities like some of you make it sound .

So on your queue I'll go away now . Enjoy this mess of a thread .

Never thought it would be the putter that let him down.

He couldn't make anything! Gave himself a ton of chances. Interested to see if that continues for the Open

In fact I would bet I have less than 10 posts in this entire thread. I just pointed out that not everyone who thinks the guy is a scum is some undercover paparazzi stalking him or losing sleep over his infidelities like some of you make it sound .

99 posts in the thread :alien: (I don't care either way).

He couldn't make anything! Gave himself a ton of chances. Interested to see if that continues for the Open

You'd think so based on how he's owned that place in the past, but I'm done putting my trust in his game. Not wasting my pick on him if there's a contest.

You'd think so based on how he's owned that place in the past, but I'm done putting my trust in his game. Not wasting my pick on him if there's a contest.
Yeah the inconsistency sure does make him a hard pick. Never know if it'll be 66 or 86 lol. Regardless of personal opinions, it would be quite exciting to see him in the mix again

This is forum and different topics interest people. Jrod is one of the most even keel guys i know. He makes his point and moves along. He is not a hater or a fan, just offering his two cents.
So why do you consistently post here? If you don't like him and don't cheer for him, why all the posts?

From the tweets from TigerTracker, it sounded like he was burning the edges of the cup with the putter. So it sounds like he wasn't that far off with his putter. Although, I guess you could contribute that to the optimist in me.

Fair enough .....

Is there a way to pull up the last year?

Looks like about 22 not including your most recent one since the start of the new year (39 since July 1, 2014). I am enjoying this more than the thread itself though, so I thank you for that.

It's ok JRod. I agree with you on this and I post in here.

#Thuglife

It's ok JRod. I agree with you on this and I post in here.

#Thuglife

Yah 22 posts in a year is hardly consistent but a hell of a lot more than I figured.

Old age and too much alcohol

Yah 22 posts in a year is hardly consistent but a hell of a lot more than I figured.

You're such a liar and a hater

That's alright buddy. I've never met ya and you're my hero :thumb:

I hope he plays well in the open, from he little I saw of him over the weekend his ball striking sounds a lot more like the old Tiger. Just a few more putts that Ned to drop

I hope he plays well in the open, from he little I saw of him over the weekend his ball striking sounds a lot more like the old Tiger. Just a few more putts that Ned to drop

I do think it makes golf more interesting to have someone like Tiger doing well, but I am definitely rooting for Spieth to beat Tiger in the open.

I do think it makes golf more interesting to have someone like Tiger doing well, but I am definitely rooting for Spieth to beat Tiger in the open.

It does make it more interesting for a lot of us, with all the play offs this year it would be cool to see Tiger in one with a few young guns even if he didn't win, could you imagine the tv ratings lol.

It does make it more interesting for a lot of us, with all the play offs this year it would be cool to see Tiger in one with a few young guns even if he didn't win, could you imagine the tv ratings lol.
Spieth and Tiger really get along well too and often get practice rounds in so i think if for some crazy reason we did see them face off it would just be a fun and exciting round to watch

TV Ratings for the US Open final were incredibly high.

Back